Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

CHAMPIONS (my dream team = my rules)

they are a very loose collection of local heroes; as opposed to a real team. They mainly tackle missions alone or in pairs; at the behest of Hammond. The Pride is their main big bad. But there’s also the Night Shift, Imus Champion (no relation), and the occasional terrorist organization (Watchdogs, AIM, Hydra, etc).

Jim Hammond – Dubbed ‘Liberty’s Torch’ over a century ago – he began as a volunteer for a super soldier program; experimenting with extraterrestrial dna (in his case, of martian origin) – the intent was to create an assassin who could survive the temperature extremes in outer space – they got more than they bargained for; a near immortal man who could will himself to burst into flames, generating heat rivaling the sun – Hammond, in between fighting in the great wars, would often seek the solace of outer space – in the present day, nostalgia has led him to organize and fund a group of relatively young and inexperienced heroes to combat evil – being not much of a people person, Hammond’s interaction w/ the individual heroes is kept to a minimum – he’s more about giving orders and not explaining himself note: in case you’re wondering Aarkus (instead of Jimbo), in my version of history, is a sophisticated android created with an almost alien appearance as psychological warfare against a potential alien threat – his inert husk would eventually be used by Ultron to create the Vision

Iron Fist (Daniel Rand’ka)
    Bio: I liked the Netflix story points, if not the fight choreography, so I’ll go w/ it)

Luke Cage (Carl Lucas)
    Bio: pretty much the same story but all of the characters in this write-up are in their early 20s; in case you’re curious. This version of Luke would have followed Willis Stryker to L.A. for payback.

She-Hulk (Jennifer Walters)
    Bio: spirited University of California student/activist/aspiring lawyer injured by members of the Watchdogs at a protest rally – given a blood transfusion & a statuesque nigh indestructible green bod by a desperate Bruce Banner

Black Knight (Dane Whitman)
    Bio: Uncle Nathaniel was a freelance costumed villain and the UK’s answer to the Tinkerer – he eagerly took Dane on as an apprentice after the latter upgrades some of his designs – tendency to test out his Uncle’s weapons afterhours (but mainly to impress women and cause mischief) – after nathaniel’s death, he becomes the Black Knight to rehab the family name

Tigra (Graciela “Greer” Grant)
    Bio: my version is latina; south American birth parents but adopted by the Grants; an ultra-conservative family. She grew up, joined the military, and Los Angeles police department. She narrowly survived an ambush/shoot-out (that claimed her training Officer Nelson) due to the intervention of the local urban legend/Cat People. she balances her life as a cop w/ that of a crusading were-beast.

Ant-Man (Scott Lang *originally langkowski)
    Bio: grows up in foster care - separated from his much younger sister, Cassie – exceptionally tech savvy – winds up in one of the Taskmaster’s first hench schools; alongside Rita Demara – expected to assist supervillains on their heists; bypassing security systems/cyber theft - expelled due to an unwillingness to kill on command – heads back to the West Coast to track down his sister; who has been adopted by Dr. Erica Sondheim-Zimmer & a Stark employee – Erica and Cassie (as leverage) are kidnapped by agents of Cross Technology Enterprises (whose CEO is also a criminal financier) – Scott, not being the type to talk to law enforcement – steals the Ant-Man suit to break inside CTE/rescue his little sister – Pym monitors the whole ordeal from afar and uses Scott for mostly surveillance and non-Avenger-approved missions – unrelated, Cassie’s new father arranges an internship at Stark International; in the design lab.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    CHAMPIONS (my dream team = my rules)

they are a very loose collection of local heroes; as opposed to a real team. They mainly tackle missions alone or in pairs; at the behest of Hammond. The Pride is their main big bad. But there’s also the Night Shift, Imus Champion (no relation), and the occasional terrorist organization (Watchdogs, AIM, Hydra, etc).

Jim Hammond – Dubbed ‘Liberty’s Torch’ over a century ago – he began as a volunteer for a super soldier program; experimenting with extraterrestrial dna (in his case, of martian origin) – the intent was to create an assassin who could survive the temperature extremes in outer space – they got more than they bargained for; a near immortal man who could will himself to burst into flames, generating heat rivaling the sun – Hammond, in between fighting in the great wars, would often seek the solace of outer space – in the present day, nostalgia has led him to organize and fund a group of relatively young and inexperienced heroes to combat evil – being not much of a people person, Hammond’s interaction w/ the individual heroes is kept to a minimum – he’s more about giving orders and not explaining himself note: in case you’re wondering Aarkus (instead of Jimbo), in my version of history, is a sophisticated android created with an almost alien appearance as psychological warfare against a potential alien threat – his inert husk would eventually be used by Ultron to create the Vision

Iron Fist (Daniel Rand’ka)
    Bio: I liked the Netflix story points, if not the fight choreography, so I’ll go w/ it)

Luke Cage (Carl Lucas)
    Bio: pretty much the same story but all of the characters in this write-up are in their early 20s; in case you’re curious. This version of Luke would have followed Willis Stryker to L.A. for payback.

She-Hulk (Jennifer Walters)
    Bio: spirited University of California student/activist/aspiring lawyer injured by members of the Watchdogs at a protest rally – given a blood transfusion & a statuesque nigh indestructible green bod by a desperate Bruce Banner

Black Knight (Dane Whitman)
    Bio: Uncle Nathaniel was a freelance costumed villain and the UK’s answer to the Tinkerer – he eagerly took Dane on as an apprentice after the latter upgrades some of his designs – tendency to test out his Uncle’s weapons afterhours (but mainly to impress women and cause mischief) – after nathaniel’s death, he becomes the Black Knight to rehab the family name

Tigra (Graciela “Greer” Grant)
    Bio: my version is latina; south American birth parents but adopted by the Grants; an ultra-conservative family. She grew up, joined the military, and Los Angeles police department. She narrowly survived an ambush/shoot-out (that claimed her training Officer Nelson) due to the intervention of the local urban legend/Cat People. she balances her life as a cop w/ that of a crusading were-beast.

Ant-Man (Scott Lang *originally langkowski)
    Bio: grows up in foster care - separated from his much younger sister, Cassie – exceptionally tech savvy – winds up in one of the Taskmaster’s first hench schools; alongside Rita Demara – expected to assist supervillains on their heists; bypassing security systems/cyber theft - expelled due to an unwillingness to kill on command – heads back to the West Coast to track down his sister; who has been adopted by Dr. Erica Sondheim-Zimmer & a Stark employee – Erica and Cassie (as leverage) are kidnapped by agents of Cross Technology Enterprises (whose CEO is also a criminal financier) – Scott, not being the type to talk to law enforcement – steals the Ant-Man suit to break inside CTE/rescue his little sister – Pym monitors the whole ordeal from afar and uses Scott for mostly surveillance and non-Avenger-approved missions – unrelated, Cassie’s new father arranges an internship at Stark International; in the design lab.
    I don't know if you intentionally went with a variation of the Ostrander HEROES FOR HIRE line-up or not, but I dig it!

Quote Originally Posted by Kaijudo View Post
    I don't know if you intentionally went with a variation of the Ostrander HEROES FOR HIRE line-up or not, but I dig it!
    it was intentional. it's probably my favorite series. I wish that I had saved the informal interview of that John Ostrander was nice enough to grant me.

everyone knows that the Federal Bureau of Investigation, through Jimmy Woo, established the team that would become the Agents of Atlas in the 1950s. but there is little to no information about the FBI's second attempt at the team; in the 80s. that now time-displaced assembly of professionals is now known as...

The M.I.S.F.I.T Division

Special Agent/Dr. William Hayes - a young researcher recruited by the FBI due to his theories on "human anomalies." The organization was were very active in monitoring and cataloguing the superhuman community, at the time. Hayes' brilliance is only matched by his disdain for authority, womanizing, and general impulsiveness. his status as mission leader is mainly due to his inability to be corralled. being the only unenhanced human in the unit, Bill often relies on inventions (created by he or Lincoln); ex. freeze grenades, x-ray specs, jet packs, invisibility suit, universal translator device, weaponized sonics, etc.

Doctor El Lincoln - a colleague of Hayes and the cousin of Bill Foster - a serious and introverted individual - Dr. Lincoln was able to, somewhat inadvertently, replicate terrigenesis; resulting in his ability to alter his size (in either direction). He's often credited as a more practical and accomplished scientist than Hayes.

Johnny Bang - 1st generation Korean-American - talented musician & former local band frontman who found himself transformed into sentient electricity during a gig for what turned out to be the cult of the living lightning - Bang can move at the speed of an electrical current (of course), project electric blasts, and has limited (and usually disastrous) interface with technology.

Gloria Dinallo - a runaway who came to the attention of the misfit division after telekinetically demolishing her high school's detention hall; eventually discovered to be the child of visiting (and now deceased) tourists from Arcturus IV.

they are often accompanied by a floating artificial intelligence of extraterrestrial origin (that has a crush on Dr.Hayes) and a potentially immortal asgardian they found in cold storage.

Science Guy Scott Lang

Muscle Luke Cage

Magic Dr. Vodoo

2 flyers Captain Marvel and Storm

Mental Powers Synapse

And the leader of this motley bunch a character who has earned a shot leading a team.

Spiderman also gives you a 2nd science guy with strength, speed and agility.

Call them Avengers, Champions, Defenders, Force Works whatever.

THE CYNICAL SIX (I'm going for a Superior Foes vibe but with reformed &, at least, trying to be reformed criminals)

1. Ant-Man/Scott Lang https://i.gr-assets.com/images/S/com...72._SY540_.jpg

2. Porcupine/Roger Gocking http://www.spidermancrawlspace.com/w...Roger-Pine.jpg

3. Grizzly/Max Markham https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/...20150206121050

4. Lady Stilt-Man/Callie Ryan https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/...20091218034342

5. Machinesmith/Sam Saxon http://www.marvel-world.com/contents...inesmith_5.jpg

6. [revolving membership spot - Big Wheel is their first "getaway" driver]

maybe Songbird and Abe Jenkins (in whatever identity) eventually show up and take over.

I've got two ideas that have long been in my head:

Marvel's Marvels - basically the best of the best from the various corners of the Marvel Universe.

1. Captain America
    2. Wasp
    3. Iron Man
    4. Captain Marvel (Danvers)
    5. Scarlet Witch

6. Storm
    7. Wolverine
    8. Jean Grey

9. Dr. Strange
    10. Spider-Man
    11. Mister Fantastic
    12. Invisible Woman

Back up members are also from the various areas of MU

1. Black Panther
    2. Spectrum

3. Cyclops

4. Shang-Chi

Also just a standard Avengers team with some brand new members

1. Captain America
    2. Wasp
    3. Iron Man
    5. Scarlet Witch

(yes that's my core and I'm sticking with them! LOL)

6. Dr. Strange
    7. Cloak
    8. Dagger
    9. Aurora
    10. Northstar

Reserve members:

11. Black Panther
    12. Spectrum
    13. Moon Knight
    14. Hawkeye (Barton)
    15. Shang-Chi
    16. Living Lightening

BANNED

THUNDERBOLTS

Nick Fury Jr conspires to get Thunderbolt Ross released from prison and recreates the process that gave him Red Hulk powers in the first place. He recruits U.S. Agent away from his work in the middle east. He then recruits Manifold, Songbird, Ghost and convinces even Sandman to join. He sets the team up in the Blue area of the Moon in an abandoned SHIELD base, and tasks them with a very off-the-books, top secret mission of retrieving lost SHIELD files, property and artifacts of various - often very dangerous - kind.

First mission takes the team into the Savage Land, where they eventually team-up with Ka-Zar to fight Baron Zemo and his cronies over an artifact of immense power.

Second mission takes them to Siberia where they throw down with the Winter Guard over the ownership of some items that have ended up over there.

The book would also examine the interactions and interrelations of these six very different people as they are slowly becoming a team. Also the book would chart the Blue Area in more detail than has been done before. Thunderbolts would deal with The Unseen Nick Fury Sr who lives up there, fight against vampires from Dracula's castle in the moon etc.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Nash View Post
    I've got two ideas that have long been in my head:

Marvel's Marvels - basically the best of the best from the various corners of the Marvel Universe.

1. Captain America
    2. Wasp
    3. Iron Man
    5. Scarlet Witch

6. Storm
    7. Wolverine
    8. Jean Grey

9. Dr. Strange
    10. Spider-Man
    11. Mister Fantastic
    12. Invisible Woman

Back up members are also from the various areas of MU

1. Black Panther
    2. Spectrum

3. Cyclops

4. Shang-Chi

Also just a standard Avengers team with some brand new members

1. Captain America
    2. Wasp
    3. Iron Man
    5. Scarlet Witch

(yes that's my core and I'm sticking with them! LOL)

6. Dr. Strange
    7. Cloak
    8. Dagger
    9. Aurora
    10. Northstar

Reserve members:

11. Black Panther
    12. Spectrum
    13. Moon Knight
    14. Hawkeye (Barton)
    15. Shang-Chi
    16. Living Lightening
    I like this. I like this very much. You really just had to include one name to get my approval, but you included pretty much all the names I would want and then some.

BANNED

EXCALIBUR

Captain Britain and Meggan have distanced themselves somewhat from MI-13 and consider themselves independent, but they still work for Pete Wisdom when called upon and necessary. This new Excalibur's HQ is Braddock Manor where all the members also live.

Joining Brian and Meggan are Black Knight, Psylocke, Spitfire, Blade, Dazzler and Longshot. Original members Nightcrawler, Kitty Pride and Rachel Summers also appear from time to time, but not very often.

First mission takes the the team to a small village in Scotland that has been overtaken by the Brood. Right after that they deal and do battle with Juggernaut and Black Tom Cassidy in Northern Ireland. When that is settled the team faces Dracula's revenge etc.

Astonishing Member

Cap
    Falcon
    Wasp
    Wonderman
    Beast( Grown up)
    Jean Grey( Grown up)
    Iceman( Grown up)
    Doc Samson
    Doc Strange
    Joe Fixit
    Johny Storm
    Hawkeye( Clint)
    Antman( Scott)

The Invaders:

USAgent
    War Machine
    Union Jack
    Black Widow
    Derek Khanata
    Sabra
    Shang Chi
    Pull List:

Marvel Comics: Venom, X-Men, Black Panther, Captain America, Eternals, Warhammer 40000.
    DC Comics: The Last God
    Image: Decorum

Guardians of the Galaxy
    Nova (Richard Rider)
    Beta-Ray Bill
    Death's Head
    Oracle
    Gladiator
    Captain Marvel (Mar-Vell)
    Phoenix (Jean Grey)
    Silver Surfer

Just a new Avengers/Defenders/Champions line-up made of some of my favorite characters, without worrying about redundancy or meeting any criteria:

Iron Fist
    Sasquatch
    Mockingbird
    Jack of Hearts
    She-Hulk (Jen Walters)
    Morbius
    Machine Man
    Black Panther
    Hercules
    Captain Britain
    Madame Web
    Firebird

ANNIHILATORS (space-faring squad going on secret missions; at the behest of S.W.O.R.D)

NOVA (Rich takes point on a lot of these ops but shares field leader duties)
    KYMAERA (I prefer Nita's blue form and all of the sea creature features)
    JUSTICE (Vance Astrovik taking those first steps in becoming a Galactic Guardian)
    FIRESTAR (Angelica Jones)
    NIGHTWATCH (Dwayne acquires what is left of Morelle Pharmaceuticals & the nanite research of Kevin Trench; now revealed to be the villain Nighteater. Dwayne applies that technology to his own body armor; giving him cloaking ability and overall enhanced protection.)
    COLLIDER (Robbie Baldwin)
    UNIFIER (Susanna Sherman; the mutant kree superheroine most commonly known as Ultra-Girl and wore Carol Danvers' costume for a short bit - she has a new look and new ambitions)