Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789

This was from a a few years back, when the teen Champions book was being developed.
    I wanted a more traditional line up so made my own.

Wonderman-was the Hercules. The underrated powerhouse you wouldn’t peg as leading his own team. He’d be in LA, looking to try and start up his acting career yet again when the team comes together.

Mockingbird-was the Black Widow. The former spy and street level badass. She’d be in LA, having realized some of her best times were spent on the west coast, and looking for a fresh start. She’d lend a hand to her former WCA teammate Wonderman as he was being overwhelmed in battle.

Ben Grimm & Johnny Storm-were the Angel & Iceman. The two guys from another team. Ben, who def. can’t fly, was the opposite of the Angel, and fire based Johnny the opposite of Iceman. This was when Reed, Sue and the kids were missing. The guys’d be in LA, looking for a change in scenery, trying to take their minds off their troubles, and see the battle Wonderman and Mockkngbird were having on breaking news. Of course they’d rush to lend a hand.

Ghost Rider-was the, well, Ghost Rider. LA native Robbie Reyes would show up to a huge battle threatening his city for sure. He’d be an homage to the Johnny Blaze GR of the original Champions team.

After being victorious, and a few growing pains, Wonderman’d convince the others to stay together and take up the Champions name. Much like Angel did back in the day, Ben Grimm would fund the team and set up an HQ.
    One of the things I wanted them to tackle down the road, was a multi issue cross dimensional search for the Richards family. That search actually happened in the Marvel Team Up revival that led to the current FF book.
    Last edited by Riv86672; 06-27-2020 at 06:36 PM.

Spectacular Member randomideaguy's Avatar

/ posted in the wrong thread and cannot figure out how to delete this post /
    Last edited by randomideaguy; 06-27-2020 at 07:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by randomideaguy View Post
    / posted in the wrong thread and cannot figure out how to delete this post /
    I think you need to ask the mod(s) to delete it.
    I’m gonna pretend you posted a really great review of my team though, till that happens!

Astonishing Member

Valera Richards

The Victor- a liberated happy and powerful K. Vernard

Dragon Man

Red Marvel- in support of another poster’s idea for Sharon Ventura. She is no longer stuck as She Thing. Has her old appearance and abilities along with Personal Forcefield powers. Original idea is posted over on the revamp a hero thread.

Shuri

Spider Gwen

I call them um..... Future Force or The Fantastic Forte or Future Flight or something cool like that.
    Last edited by Photon Torme; 08-24-2020 at 10:10 PM.

Operate on the continent of Marvel Africa (to begin with). Storm-mentored mutants set about providing aid where needed while dealing with growing anti-mutant sentiment.

Oya (Idie Okonkwo, a temperature controlling mutant from Nigeria & the most independent of the 5 lights)

Gentle (Nezhno Abidemi, a potentially Hulk level strongman from Wakanda)

Maggot (the ever irreverent swashbuckling South African, Japheth, always accompanied by the giant slugs that used to be his digestive system - very much the outsider in the “Real World” house)

Wind Eagle (a Kenyan mutant named Mjnari with super human speed named for a famous tribal elder. The least experienced and most impulsive of this crop. He has the potential to be the fastest non-cosmic runner in the marvel universe. But his body has to heal after every personal speed record that he breaks )

Kidogo (Lazaro Kotikash, also from Kenya, a micromorph who has created his own gravity-defying fighting style after learning how to rapidly alter his own weight and density separate of his physical size. Carries two curved vibranium knives.

The Magnum Twins (children of Moses Magnum and an unnamed Italian woman/mutant- the female (Vibrata) can release a devastating shockwave by adjusting her voice and the male (Tremore) can increase the force of his attacks & strength by vibrating his molecules) - they are somewhat on probation after attacking Wakanda)

Good team in and of itself but you lost me at anti mutant sentiment. Hickman is strip mining that concept to death (and resurrection) right now; another book of that type is really just not something I’d want to read sorry.

Elemental Avengers

Storm
    Human torch (open to either)
    Ice man
    Crystal
    Magma
    Winddhear

Quote Originally Posted by Riv86672 View Post
    Good team in and of itself but you lost me at anti mutant sentiment. Hickman is strip mining that concept to death (and resurrection) right now; another book of that type is really just not something I’d want to read sorry.
    This is the dream team thread. You’re thinking of the pitch a book thread. You don’t even know if Utopia exists in the continuity of my dream roster. I already made 3 of the characters up and repowered another.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    This is the dream team thread. You’re thinking of the pitch a book thread. You don’t even know if Utopia exists in the continuity of my dream roster. I already made 3 of the characters up and repowered another.
    Well, if your dream ever comes true and this sees print, I hope it sells, but I’ll pass.

Eh. Marvel is making pretty stupid choices right now. Hypothetical readership doesn’t matter much. Anyways...

The Mutant Liberation Front

Marrow (new “leader”)
    Forearm
    Tempo
    Wildside
    Dragoness
    Reaper
    Strobe
    Abyss
    Thumbelina
    Samurai
    Feral
    Feverpitch

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    Eh. Marvel is making pretty stupid choices right now. Hypothetical readership doesn’t matter much.
    I was def. speaking for myself on the matter.
    Hickman’s fascist brainwashed cult working w. villains mankind is our enemy take on the X Men has already run its course for me.

Speaking of Dream teams and Hickman. This has always been one of my favorite builds/concepts for an X team using off brand characters to make something fun.

Silver Sable's Wild Pack

Silver Sable

Sandman

Rocket Racer

Silk

Amelia Chen

Puma

I'd like to see this book done by Tini Howard and German Peralta.
    I'd love to see them tackle nominal superheroes, politics, and international adventure/characters.