Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast
    The Man Without Fear. Batman#22's Avatar

Default Who is your least favorite Marvel couple relationship?

Who is your least favorite Marvel comics couple? I would have made a poll about this but I didn't see the point because there aren't that many good options.

Mine is Daredevil and Karen Page. Karen is arguable the worst girlfriend a super hero has ever had. 1. She broke up with him for stupid reasons 2. She sold his secret identity for drugs 3. She even stole his credit card and maxed it out just because he risked his life for the Black Widow.
    I plan on dying tonight!!!
    (Punches himself in the nose and cause bleeding)
    ... how about you?

Clint Barton and Jessica Drew - totally random and served only to reinforce the recent "innovation" of Hawkeye as a Himbo. Spider-Woman deserved better than being a drive-by.
    And then they gave us her breakup reaction as being this....UGH.

Last edited by Thirteen; 05-17-2016 at 11:21 PM.

Henry Pym and Janet Van Dyne. For obvious reasons. I still hate him.

My Monthly Pulls - DC: Waiting for Deathstroke and Vigilante. Marvel: Moon Knight. The Vision, Waiting for Solo. Valiant: Bloodshot Reborn, Ninjak, Divinity III Stalinverse, Bloodshot USA event, Waiting for PSI Lords. Why aren't you reading Valiant and other Indies too?

Quote Originally Posted by Thirteen View Post
    Clint Barton and Jessica Drew - totally random and served only to reinforce the recent "innovation" of Hawkeye as a Himbo. Spider-Woman deserved better than being a drive-by.
    And then they gave us her breakup reaction as being this....UGH.

Spider-woman and Hawkeye (which was Bendis idea).
    Teen Angel and X-23 (Bendis idea) .
    Starlord and Kitty Pryde (again Bendis).

Practically nearly all romantic relationship created by Bendis (with the exception of Luke Cage and Jessica Jones, because other writers knew how to handle that relationship).

BANNED

My least favorite?

Storm and Forge.

Protect the weak. Darth Phoenix's Avatar

this one
    northstar.jpg

Angel and X-23 After being teased with Tyke, we ended up with the wet blanket. Ugh

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Phoenix View Post
    this one
    northstar.jpg
    Seconded, I guess I can see what they were trying, must get a bit tedious only pairing off superhumans with superhumans, but Kyle is just such a non-character.

Also, people mention teen Angle and X23, yeah it's not the most engaging but worse for me was Teen Jean and Beast, just felt really forced espically in that recent Uncanny issue (was it #600???)

Shadowcat and Colossus because too many writers get nostalgia goggles when it comes to those two.
    Sasquatch and Aurora due to gross consent issues.
    Teen Angel and X-23 because it shouldn't have been more than a fling and is just plain tedious at this point.

Dishonorable mention: Toad and Husk. WTF?

BANNED

Storm & Black Panther: I don't like Storm, and she tainted the BP books for a loooong time.
    Spider-Man & MJ: Meh, I never really liked MJ. Felicia all day, every day!
    Teen Angel & X-23: Umm...WTF is that?!
    Last edited by Darthkostis; 05-19-2016 at 01:54 PM.

Luke Cage & Jessica - I've not read Alias, but based New Avengers Jessica was just so unlikeable
    Storm & Wolverine - yuk. Keep that hairy troll away from our goddess (maybe Claremont would have made it believable, but Aaron's man crush robbed it if any depth or joy)
    MCU Steve and Sharon - ewwwwww, it's just wrong and creeeeepy (I've never really read comic Steve and Sharon so I can't comment there)
    Rogue & Magneto - I just... I... HOW IS THIS A THING???? Even Prof Carey couldn't sell me on it, and his work is damn near perfect.

Ultimately there is very few relationships a writer can't make enjoyable (or at-least not dislikeable); and mostly I'm not bothered by relationships. Even random pairings can be delightful if written right.
    "We are Shakespeare. We are Michelangelo. We are Tchaikovsky. We are Turing. We are Mercury. We are Wilde. We are Lincoln, Lorca, Leonardo da Vinci. We are Alexander the Great. We are Fredrick the Great. We are Rustin. We are Addams. We are Marsha! Marsha Marsha Marsha! We so generous, we DeGeneres. We are Ziggy Stardust hooked to the silver screen. Controversially we are Malcolm X. We are Plato. We are Aristotle. We are RuPaul, god dammit! And yes, we are Woolf."

Extraordinary Member

wolverine and Storm just forced and bad.

BANNED

X-23 and Angel.

Not only has Hopeless had to write X completely OOC to force their romantic squabbles along for "plot," (when other far more interesting conflicts are right there on the table — Laura struggling with intimacy because of her past, which is all too realistic) but Warren is a just plain selfish and petty douche. And considering who her LAST serious romantic interest was (Hellion), that's saying a LOT.

Seriously, in ANXM #6 he rants about how Laura doesn't think he understands what it is to have darkness inside him, and he's like "I'm TOTALLY dark." Y'know, despite the fact he grew up in a life of wealth and privilege, with loving and supporting parents who didn't disown him or hate him for being a mutant. The "darkness" he has inside him is entirely by HIS CHOICE. His older self turned to Apocalypse because he couldn't bear to live without his wings. His younger self grabbed the Vortex NOT because of all the death and destruction Archangel wrought, but entirely because of what it turned HIM into and he didn't want to end up as NuAngel.

Meanwhile, Laura was born in a lab, raised in a padded cell, and brutally tortured and savagely abused EVERY WAKING MOMENT of her life until she was 13, and TWICE lost everyone she cared about (first her mother, later her aunt and cousin). To say nothing of being virtually enslaved by a cruel and sadistic pimp. And Warren is going to lecture HER about "darkness?"

Warren comes across as nothing more than a self-entitled, spoiled, Millennial hipster with no integrity whatsoever. After everything Laura has been through, she's managed to put it behind her and now is verging on becoming outright The Cape. While Warren grabs for Phenomenal Cosmic Power at whatever opportunity presents itself because he had a bad day, or wants to AVOID having a bad day. The fact that Hopeless is clearly trying to paint Laura as the "villain" in their relationship — Poor Warren! Look how inconsiderate Laura's being by (OOCly) being so reckless! — is frankly disgusting.
    Last edited by Ambaryerno; 05-18-2016 at 05:02 AM.

Invincible Member

Hawkeye and Spiderwoman.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    X-23 and Angel.

Not only has Hopeless had to write X completely OOC to force their romantic squabbles along for "plot," (when other far more interesting conflicts are right there on the table — Laura struggling with intimacy because of her past, which is all too realistic) but Warren is a just plain selfish and petty douche. And considering who her LAST serious romantic interest was (Hellion), that's saying a LOT.

Seriously, in ANXM #6 he rants about how Laura doesn't think he understands what it is to have darkness inside him, and he's like "I'm TOTALLY dark." Y'know, despite the fact he grew up in a life of wealth and privilege, with loving and supporting parents who didn't disown him or hate him for being a mutant. The "darkness" he has inside him is entirely by HIS CHOICE. His older self turned to Apocalypse because he couldn't bear to live without his wings. His younger self grabbed the Vortex NOT because of all the death and destruction Archangel wrought, but entirely because of what it turned HIM into and he didn't want to end up as NuAngel.

Meanwhile, Laura was born in a lab, raised in a padded cell, and brutally tortured and savagely abused EVERY WAKING MOMENT of her life until she was 13, and TWICE lost everyone she cared about (first her mother, later her aunt and cousin). To say nothing of being virtually enslaved by a cruel and sadistic pimp. And Warren is going to lecture HER about "darkness?"

Warren comes across as nothing more than a self-entitled, spoiled, Millennial hipster with no integrity whatsoever. After everything Laura has been through, she's managed to put it behind her and now is verging on becoming outright The Cape. While Warren grabs for Phenomenal Cosmic Power at whatever opportunity presents itself because he had a bad day, or wants to AVOID having a bad day. The fact that Hopeless is clearly trying to paint Laura as the "villain" in their relationship — Poor Warren! Look how inconsiderate Laura's being by (OOCly) being so reckless! — is frankly disgusting.
    I agree with pretty much all of this...but to be fair, he didn't make that awful relationship, Bendis did. He just inherited it. Poor guy.