Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Rajikaru View Post
    Well, for Starters, Reggie Huldin didn't write the story where she was a 'dasmel in distress', in that Storm mini-series. Eric Dickie (I think that's how you spell his name?) did.

And when there are at least eight other issues in existence that have backup stories written by Clarmont, Priest and other writers that touch on the subject of a past, hinted relationship that no other writer attempted to explore, why shouldn't he have taken that opportunity to do so when no other writer probably wouldn't have EVER if Reggie didn't make that effort?
    I'd actually forgotten that it was Dickie who wrote that retconned nonsense.

Thanks for reminding me.

Spectacular Member

No problem. Almost want to apologize for even... Shuddering... Having to bring attention to it... But I have to defend Reggie. He's been the ONLY writer for the past decade aside from Liss to give T'Challa any respect.

Anyhoo, another pairing, I dislike. Reed Richards and Sue Storm. Despite them being married and with kids, I've never really bought into the relationship. Almost feels like more of a business partnership with benefits. Even one sided, with Sue being on the losing side of the relationship.
    Last edited by Rajikaru; 05-21-2016 at 07:27 AM.

BANNED

No problem. Almost want to apologize for even... Shuddering... Having to bring attention to it... But I have to defend Reggie. He's been the ONLY writer for the past decade aside from Liss to give T'Challa any respect.
    I hear you my friend.

Post Priest, Hudlin, McDuffie and Liss were the only writers that gave T'Challa any respect.

Anyhoo, another pairing, I dislike. Reed Richards and Sue Storm. Despite them being married and with kids, I've never really bought into the relationship. Almost feels like more of a business partnership with benefits. Even one sided, with Sue being on the losing side of the relationship.
    I grew up reading the FF and always felt Sue got the short end of the stick but I think that over the years, she's grown into a very formidable character.

Any Hawkeye relationship
    Simon and Wanda
    The vomit-inducing Psylocke/Fantomex relationship, courtesy of Remender...

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mr MajestiK View Post
    I hear you my friend.

Post Priest, Hudlin, McDuffie and Liss were the only writers that gave T'Challa any respect.

I grew up reading the FF and always felt Sue got the short end of the stick but I think that over the years, she's grown into a very formidable character.
    Ah, McDuffie. I didn't mean to forget about him. In fact, I didn't forget. Since he never really wrote the actual Panther comic during the last decade, I don't lump him in as a Panther writer when I think of the Panther archetects, despite his awesome Fantistic Four issues.

But yeah, Sue always got the short end of it. I was actually trilled of the prospect of Ultimate Ben and Ultimate Sue getting together after Ultimate Reed went off the deep end.
    Last edited by Rajikaru; 05-21-2016 at 07:41 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Of Atlantis View Post
    I forgot to mention Agent Venom (Flash) and Valkyrie. That was... odd. Zero chemistry. Zero point.
    Yeah that was weird. Why did Remender even do that?
    We need better comics

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Tiamatty View Post
    So, for the people complaining about Storm and Wolverine: That does build on past characterization. Claremont did establish a sexual attraction between them, and even a romantic attraction. They never really pursued it back then, but it was definitely there. I wasn't a fan of it, either, but it's got a long history.

True.

center][/center]

Quote Originally Posted by Of Atlantis View Post
    I forgot to mention Agent Venom (Flash) and Valkyrie. That was... odd. Zero chemistry. Zero point.
    Quote Originally Posted by UltimateTy View Post
    Yeah that was weird. Why did Remender even do that?
    At the time I wondered whether it was a last minute change to the plotting of Secret Avengers. From some of the early interviews:
    Our opening arc will have a big secret war, a big secret new world, a big secret new race, a big team death, a big secret team betrayal, and begin a secret affair.
    We’ve discussed already how new team member Captain Britain will be shaking things up as far as his relationships with Hawkeye and The Human Torch, but Valkyrie will prove another intriguing interaction for Brian Braddock.

“The relationship they develop will be different than you might think,” shares Remender. “Given that they have many similarities my first instinct was that they should butt heads. And I even wrote a scene where they did. But eventually I erased it because it felt strained; it felt like I was trying to lean into an instinct as opposed to writing the scene the way it naturally felt. Sometimes as a writer you’re drawn to create conflict and it’s not always the best instinct. In terms of these two characters it definitely wasn’t.
    And in Remender's X-Force Otherworld arc, he wrote Meggan (Captain Britain's wife) kissing Nightcrawler, iirc. I thought at the time from the comments above it looked like he was going to have CB and Valkyrie embark on an affair, leading to CB and Meggan breaking up. But then there was a great deal of bad feeling directed at Remender from Captain Britain fans who were not happy about Brian being depicted as an arrogant douchebag (yet again) in the first issue or so, leading to some squabbling on Remender's Twitter between CB fans and the man himself. I do wonder whether Rick saw the reaction and changed his plans, leading to Val and Flash getting together instead, which might account for the lack of, well, anything in that relationship. I mean, given the "Valkyrie will prove another intriguing interaction for Brian Braddock", and "The relationship they develop will be different than you might think" quotes, you'd think Brian and Val would have some memorable scenes together, but I can't remember any at all.

Great posts.

Notice how all these variant covers are not showing the former couple.

Panther is blowing up...I swear, if Storm and Panther was stilled married you would have even more buzz and a influx of people who WANT to be included.
    SO LET THIS BE A LESSON. LEARN. YOUR. PLACE. - Prince Freeman

Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    Well, for starters he skipped any kind of courtship and jumped straight to getting married after 30 years of them barely speaking to one another.
    Well, in real-life arranged marriages, the people who are to be married don't even have a say in who their spouse will be, and haven't even known each other at all beforehand. I don't hear too many people getting all up in arms about that custom.

As rushed as the marriage between Storm and Black Panther may have been, at least they dated each other when they were younger and actually knew each other beforehand.

Also, not every couple goes through the same customs/rituals before getting married. One couple might want to be engaged for 3 years before walking down the aisle, other couples may not want to wait years, or even months before they marry each other.

And in comic books where we can accept the premise that people are running around with cat powers and weather powers, I don't think the fact that they quickly married is too much of a stretch.

Quote Originally Posted by Tiamatty View Post
    So, for the people complaining about Storm and Wolverine: That does build on past characterization. Claremont did establish a sexual attraction between them, and even a romantic attraction. They never really pursued it back then, but it was definitely there. I wasn't a fan of it, either, but it's got a long history.
    Ah, yes. The X-Office has always had Storm be attracted to a whole slew of white men and vice-versa for decades while never showing her (at least to my knowledge) having any kind of romantic relationships with black men (aside from T'Challa, which Claremont himself wrote as being a relationship that did not work out when they were kids, for convenient reasons for the X-books).

And when the X-Office got Storm back after her marriage to Black Panther was purposely sabotaged, the X-Office returned Storm to being the love toy of white male characters.

And why Storm would be attracted to a smelly, hairy killer midget like Wolverine is beyond me.
    Last edited by MoneySpider; 05-21-2016 at 05:03 PM.

All-New Member

Carol and Marcus. Old-style most messed up relationship in comics, outside fumetti.

So he is her son from Limbo who uses advanced machines to coerce her into having sex with him so he can impregnate her with himself, so he can get born, and after all this is revealed, her Avenger pals wave her off, still clearly under the effect of Marcus machines to go off to Limbo with him to for a life of more abuse.

When Chris Claremont points out that this is effed up beyond belief, you have a problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr MajestiK View Post
    Dude, with Reeds powers the stick has no short end.

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Draegwolf View Post
    Johnny & Medusa - asides the fact that I always preferred Johnny with Crystal this pairing honestly makes no sense to me and feels forced, plus I've never really been crazy about Medusa to begin with so admittedly I'm bias.
    I could see that one happen when Bolt and Medusa broke up, honestly. People are not just minds. Black Bolt is probably the most self-controlled, restrained character in the MU. Thats great in very many areas, but not in the bedroom. Medusa went for one of the most spontaneous, passionate and least restrained people she knows. And after a long marriage to Black Bolt that made sense.

Also whatever Crystals told her about Johnny.