Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

I never liked Magneto and Rogue.
    Age of Marvels and DC Next Dawn - Monthly Fan Made Solicitation Competitions on these very forums, make your pulls now! Want back story? Check the Wiki!

Amazing Member

Kill it with fire. Star-Lord and Kitty Pryde is up there too

Romance in superhero comics in the last 15 years have been pretty weak
    Last edited by UltimateTy; 05-18-2016 at 09:02 PM.
    We need better comics

Ultimate Member

It'd be easier to point out the few relationships that I do like...

...the ones that never seem to happen being my favorites...

...not to mention the ones that never seem to last.
    Last edited by aja_christopher; 05-18-2016 at 10:53 PM.

I guess Magneto and Rogue from back in the day. Ian McKellen and Anna Paquin hooking up just doesn't do it for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Tiamatty View Post
    Havok and Nurse Annie sucked. Because, once again, it was blatant writer wish fulfillment. Chuck Austen even admitted to that being the case. Related: Angel and Husk. No. There's a big age difference, and also, they started having sex with her goddamn mother watching. No, Austen.
    Havok and Nurse Annie was just creepy. Even putting aside throwing Polaris under the bus and the fact that the writer paired up a character based on his wife with his favorite X-Man, the relationship was built on Nurse Annie's kid playing wingman while Havok was still in a coma. Ew.

anniealexew.jpg

i don't see why Jean Grey would ever be with Beast. she's supposed to be this strong independent woman and they tried to sell us that she'd go for a wet blanket like Beast? that debacle is over now, right?

Fun note on Jean/Beast: It was Claremont's awful idea first. In his X-Men Forever series, he had the two hook up, as Jean started getting over Wolverine's death. And then, of course, Beast died.

X-Men Forever sucked.

Fun note on Jean/Beast: It was Claremont's awful idea first. In his X-Men Forever series, he had the two hook up, as Jean started getting over Wolverine's death. And then, of course, Beast died.

X-Men Forever sucked.
    i've never heard of that. i've heard of Claremont and know of his work from Rachel and Miles Explain the X-Men. when was X-Men Forever and did the author of all new x-men have to listen to what Claremont wanted?? cuz that would be messed up.

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by nx01a View Post
    Storm + Wolverine = Disgusting
    Like having acid poured in my eyes. It's the one time where mind control, or perhaps being Skrull doppelgangers would make for the perfect explanation/retcon. When will writers learn that some relationships are characterization killers? Or perhaps that's their intent. Wolverine and Storm have no business hooking up. Forty years of character building down the drain.

BANNED

Pete Wisdom and Kitty Pryde - he was in his thirties while she was only 15. Thats called child molestation. Her age is not in doubt as she had her 15th birthday party on page, the party was the focal point of the issue, not too long before she and Wisdom started hooking up. She had her sixteenth birthday party referenced on page not long after they broke up.

Storm and Black Panther - Black Panther's book is failing for the umpteenth time and needs a sales stunt so lets take Marvels most high profile black female and retcon in a long relationship between the two of them and do a quickie marriage stunt. Nevermind it made zero sense relative to Storm's decades of history with characters like Forge. He's black, she's black, they are both from Africa, of course they must know each other and be perfect for each other . . . ugghh it was so derivative and insulting.

Iceman and whatever guy he hooks up with - I'll never buy into his being gay as anything other than a social diversity stunt. Rictor / Shatterstar is one of my favorite Marvel relationships so I'm not against gay relationships, I'm against the way Iceman was made gay to fill some sort of social diversity quota.

BANNED

X-Men Forever sucked.
    The problem with X-men Forever is that it doesn't actually represent any of Claremonts real plans for the X-men. He was famous for long, slow burning plots in his near two decades on the X-men the first time around. After he was kicked off the book in the early 90's many other authors took his ideas and used them. So Claremont had to come up with new ideas and not all of them worked nearly as well as his original ones.

Elektra and Punisher.

I think they work as awkward colleagues, and the material Soule wrote could work just as well as if they weren't romantic (though he was saddled with the pairing, thanks to Way). Glad the relationship got put to bed before that Thunderbolts run ended, even if Soule's last arc gave us a sweet moment.

Know this isn't specific to the comics, but I really wasn't a fan of Natasha and Bruce in Avengers Age of Ultron, was glad to see the end of Brutasha!

So, for the people complaining about Storm and Wolverine: That does build on past characterization. Claremont did establish a sexual attraction between them, and even a romantic attraction. They never really pursued it back then, but it was definitely there. I wasn't a fan of it, either, but it's got a long history.