Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast

i don't like pepper and tony, because i don't like gwyneth paltrow

and also like it was said the gambit/rogue thing seems overdone

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by MouserGrey View Post
    Second time this week you have to be reminded that Claremont had T'Challa and Orono meeting long before Hudlin had them married. It may have been rushed, but it was not from nowhere. And it was pretty early in that run and sales were still pretty strong. Maybe let it go? I was not for or against the pairing, really, but cmon.
    Quote Originally Posted by Carabas
    Like 30 years before Hudlin had them married, and it was perhaps maybe referenced once in that time.

Nevermind that Hudlin retconned that to make Storm look worse.
    Exactly what Carabas said. There was ONE issue from about 1980 where they meet and decide to part as friends. Then suddenly 26 years later with no other developments they suddenly have this long lasting love????? As to compared to say Forge whom Storm had been off / on again for many issues of Uncanny X-men over the course of 25 years. That relationship felt real because many a page had been devoted to it over the years and no retcons were required. The mini series done in 2006 that led to the marriage is a retcon of the story from about 1980. CBR even did an article on it: http://goodcomics.comicbookresources...-meet-exactly/

As to letting it go, this is a thread dedicated to Marvel relationships you don't like. So its the perfect place to bring it up though its not even close to my #1 most hated as that goes to the child molestation Pete Wisdom / Kitty Pryde one.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by MyriVerse View Post
    What bugs me so much about their relationship is Kitty dropping her life to run off with him, and the really weak reasons she gave for it. Dropping her life to run off with him is, in the best of conditions, a sexist thing. This is especially true for someone so dedicated to a cause as Kitty. It's basically saying, "My life doesn't matter, only his." The reason she gave was that she was tired of people trying to kill her on Earth. Um... well... what does she thing would happen in space? On top of that, Peter Quill is another one of those manchilds, like Piotr and Wisdom... and Bobby. Horrible choice. And Bendis continues to misuse her in other ways, like having her kill thousands of aliens without a care, when she's always been hugely anti-killing.
    Someday I want some writer to do a tongue in cheek story where its revealed that an ancient curse was placed on Kitty dooming her to fall in love with any man named Peter that she meets. Peter Rasputin, Peter Wisdom, Peter Quill, Peter Parker (Ultimate side), etc. Or just have Deadpool make the obvious innuendo dick joke about Kitty really really really liking Peters.

Astonishing Member Ken Ashcroft's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Velour Fog View Post
    i don't like pepper and tony, because i don't like gwyneth paltrow

and also like it was said the gambit/rogue thing seems overdone
    Were Tony and Peper ever actually a couple in the comics? I know in the MCU, they have been like a couple since the end of the first Iron Man film so people assume it must be based on the comics but were they a real couple in the comics at any time?

BANNED

Susan Storm and Reed Richards was always my least favourite pairing. Never clicked with me.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Batman#22 View Post
    I also hated Spider-Man and Carlie Cooper. I mean seriously in my opinion she is by far the worst girlfriend Peter ever had. First she acts like she's too good for him by saying things like "I'm not your rebound girl" then when she calls him selfish and takes advantage of people he loves, then when Peter tries to keep her at arms length she twists his arm into being her girlfriend by saying that if she didn't date her she would leave him forever. Last but not least she breaks up with him just for having a secret identity.
    This relationship never really had a chance of being accepted by many readers. Many were angry (many still are, me included) over the OMD debacle and how it erased the marriage. Then the writers give literal F*** YOU to the marriage fans in the first scene of the Brand New Day era by having Peter making out with some random girl. Literally the first scene, they couldn't have said F*** YOU to the marriage fans any harder if they tried. Then Carlie comes in almost immediately as the new love interest so of course she's resented by those who liked the marriage.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Zodlike View Post
    Susan Storm and Reed Richards was always my least favourite pairing. Never clicked with me.
    Yeah, they are high on my list of unpopular couples too.

It's probably because Reed often has such a hard time to show anything resembling human emotions.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Zodlike View Post
    Ironic considering they're one of the very few iconic pairs Marvel hasn't decided to break up/reset because of some misguided notion that long-standing relationships are bad.

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    Ironic considering they're one of the very few iconic pairs Marvel hasn't decided to break up/reset because of some misguided notion that long-standing relationships are bad.
    I'm frankly surprised Sue hasn't had a handful of affairs. Blame it on her Malice persona or whatever, but there's no way any real woman puts up with being second and sometimes third fiddle to Reed for any length of time. The dynamic might have worked for a 1950s couple, but not in the present.

Quote Originally Posted by JudicatorPrime View Post
    I'm frankly surprised Sue hasn't had a handful of affairs. Blame it on her Malice persona or whatever, but there's no way any real woman puts up with being second and sometimes third fiddle to Reed for any length of time. The dynamic might have worked for a 1950s couple, but not in the present.
    Nope, sweeping generalisations and personal projection still obvious in the present...

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by JediMindTrick View Post
    Someday I want some writer to do a tongue in cheek story where its revealed that an ancient curse was placed on Kitty dooming her to fall in love with any man named Peter that she meets. Peter Rasputin, Peter Wisdom, Peter Quill, Peter Parker (Ultimate side), etc. Or just have Deadpool make the obvious innuendo dick joke about Kitty really really really liking Peters.
    She really does like the Peters
    Last edited by Kao; 05-20-2016 at 08:24 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    Storm & Black Panther.

It could have been awesome, but rarely has a writer fumbled the ball this badly.
    This and exactly my sentiments. Only McDuffie delivered on this.
    Be the change you wish to see in the world.

Quote Originally Posted by Wind Rider View Post
    This and exactly my sentiments. Only McDuffie delivered on this.
    Not even Christopher Priest? Or Chris Yost? Or David Liss? Or Jason Aaron's See Wakanda and Die arc?
    Kickstarter for my comic Is'nana the Were-Spider, Vol 1 and 2!

Horror/fantasy coming of age book about the son of Anansi the Spider seeking for his place in the world.

BANNED

Sometimes when I check out Gambit and Rogue...it makes me regret reading the current going ons with Rogue. It's so melodramatic and weak....it's like the worst of the worst. Twilight with sappy Soap Opera angst ala General Hospital. Just disgusting. The Gambit character brought Rogue down to record lows. I loved when she left his ass to die in Uncanny #350. Then they screwed it all up and her popularity has never been the same since.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by JasonEsta View Post
    Sometimes when I check out Gambit and Rogue...it makes me regret reading the current going ons with Rogue. It's so melodramatic and weak....it's like the worst of the worst. Twilight with sappy Soap Opera angst ala General Hospital. Just disgusting. The Gambit character brought Rogue down to record lows. I loved when she left his ass to die in Uncanny #350. Then they screwed it all up and her popularity has never been the same since.
    Leaving aside the relationship, she's solidly maintained her popularity. For a long while (years and about 60 or more issues) X-men Legacy could well have been titled Rogue and her Uncanny friends as she was the clear main character and everyone else was supporting. Then she got promoted to the Avengers.

She's always been my #1 X-person.