Super Moderator

Default "Agents of SHIELD's" Brett Dalton Explains Hive's Major Season Finale Moment

Brett Dalton spoke to CBR News about Hive's pivotal scene in the Season 3 finale, what the last few moments mean for the show's future and more.

Full article here.

I was really sad to see Brett going for good, but I don't think bringing him back would be a good idea this time.

BANNED

That was a great interview. I love how Dalton's entire response to the question of how he felt about the finale was filtered through his anxiety that he may be out of a job. Although, let's be honest, the juxtaposition of Ward/Hive's death and the introduction of LMD's--framed specifically through the lens of an address to FitzSimmons having "lost too many people"--cannot possibly just be a coincidence.

There's pretty much a 99% certainty that we'll be getting a Ward LMD next season. It's just a question of who makes it and for what purpose. My first thought was that some stray Hydra leftover might get hold of the tech and create one in an attempt to use Ward as a figurehead while manipulating things from the shadows. But I kind of like the idea that SHILED finds themselves in a situation where they need to tap one of Ward's old contacts who will only deal with him directly and are forced to resurrect one of their own demons.

Quote Originally Posted by Anarchist View Post
    I was really sad to see Brett going for good, but I don't think bringing him back would be a good idea this time.
    I'd say bring him back as the LMD. Or they might use Lincoln's actor to be the LMD. Those would be my guesses as to what the LMD would look like.
    Last edited by Zevad; 05-18-2016 at 08:40 AM.

All-New Member

Nope. Both characters need to stay dead and gone. They're terrible. I'm sure Brett Dalton is a nice guy, but he's not a good actor. And the show is better without him than with him.

All-New Member

Also, the LMD is female, so I doubt we're going to see Lincoln or Ward soon.

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

That LMD is going to create more and take over SHIELD and using the specs of dead agents in her files makes perfect sense. Ward is coming back as and LMD guaranteed. Might only be for a few episodes but we will see it.

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Zero Hunter View Post
    That LMD is going to create more and take over SHIELD and using the specs of dead agents in her files makes perfect sense. Ward is coming back as and LMD guaranteed. Might only be for a few episodes but we will see it.
    I really hope not.

While I don't see Ward coming back again (although I can sympathize with Dalton's feelings on leaving the show), I look forward to seeing him elsewhere. While early-Season 1 Grant Ward appeared wooden at times as a character, viewers soon learned Dalton's versatility of playing the a major range within the same character once Ward's true loyalties were exposed. Between that range and his physical acting (in fight scenes and beyond), I can imagine that MAoS is going to rightfully open a lot of doors for his career as an actor.

BANNED

There are actually some very valid reasons they would create a Grant Ward LMD. They find a hidden cell of Hydra or some remnants of Hive's minions that they need to infiltrate. Thus LMD. Then after it does a great job and saves a Shield member in the process and seems to have its own good personality they keep it around.

All-New Member

#wardstaydead