Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Astonishing Member RobinFan4880's Avatar

Way better issue than the last one.

This story feels about 2 issues too long.

Also, I really think Batman and Wonder Woman's inclusion here is hurting the impact of the story.
    Last edited by RobinFan4880; 05-18-2016 at 08:24 AM.

Good to see that all the future supers (except one) converging for the final battle and the art was nice. That's all the issue did for me. No matter how good the writer is, and weekly goes up then down, then back up again in the ending. And this is a weekly.

Also not surprised we didn't get any SM/WW moments since there wouldn't be much room for it. I feel like this weekly is just too paced out but I am excited for next week. Hopefully Tomasi and close as strong as he opened.

Very short. I think the digital edition only hits 20 pages by the last page of content- counting the cover and the full page add for the post-Rebirth Suoerman title thats up front, then there are more ads at the back. Not surprisingly, the book features only one half of a battle.

The battle itself was good with some decent action and snappy dialogue, although, again, only the first half of the battle (Thats what Wonder Woman was doing, for the person who asked- fighting Solar Superman with new52 Suoerman).

Then there are the Superdad scenes. The exterior view of "the fortress of secrets" was nice, and it was given a name if it didn't already have one. Though I like the Fortress of Solitude better, this one is kess stolen from the real Superrman, with a name that better fits Superdad's life circumstances, and the likelyhood that Jon is also going to use the thing going forward. I think the mountain and forest backdrop of a lot of Superdad's world would helo differntiate him if they ever did a two Supermen scenario longterm, though I don't thinj it likely.

That SuperDad stood around chatting with Lois and Jon while there was a battle going on was absurd, though. We were kibd of split on whether it was even justified for him to split last week and bring his fsmily to safety, but certainly if you do it you touch down, drop them off, and then head back into battle.

Now, if we're going to say that Superdad is retired and just a family man now, okay, but its a big change from his characterization pre-Flashpoint and hard to accept from a guy who in two or three weeks is supposed to be Superman again, full stop. Its vaguely understandable from a "just some guy who happens to have powers" standpoint, but its not Superman.

And in no way at all does this work as the finale to the Superman-Wonder Woman title, no effort, not even a token one, was even made there.

This may be my third favorite comic of the three comics I got digitally delivered late last night/early this morning. American Alien kicked its tail and felt a lot bigger (Though I didnt check that ones page count). Even Squadron Supreme was probably a bit better.

May not be that hard sittimg out Rebirth. I'm starting to feel myself drifting away from this in favor of other stuff already as SuoerDad gets more involved and the real Suoerman gets less involved.
    Last edited by SuperCrab; 05-18-2016 at 09:28 AM.

Astonishing Member DieHard200904's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SuperCrab View Post
    Very short. I think the digital edition only hits 20 pages by the last page of content- counting the cover and the full page add for the post-Rebirth Suoerman title thats up front, then there are more ads at the back. Not surprisingly, the book features only one half of a battle.

The battle itself was good with some decent action and snappy dialogue, although, again, only the first half of the battle (Thats what Wonder Woman was doing, for the person who asked- fighting Solar Superman with new52 Suoerman).

Then there are the Superdad scenes. The exterior view of "the fortress of secrets" was nice, and it was given a name if it didn't already have one. Though I like the Fortress of Solitude better, this one is kess stolen from the real Superrman, with a name that better fits Superdad's life circumstances, and the likelyhood that Jon is also going to use the thing going forward. I think the mountain and forest backdrop of a lot of Superdad's world would helo differntiate him if they ever did a two Supermen scenario longterm, though I don't thinj it likely.

That SuperDad stood around chatting with Lois and Jon while there was a battle going on was absurd, though. We were kibd of split on whether it was even justified for him to split last week and bring his fsmily to safety, but certainly if you do it you touch down, drop them off, and then head back into battle.

Now, if we're going to say that Superdad is retired and just a family man now, okay, but its a big change from his characterization pre-Flashpoint and hard to accept from a guy who in two or three weeks is supposed to be Superman again, full stop. Its vaguely understandable from a "just some guy who happens to have powers" standpoint, but its not Superman.

And in no way at all does this work as the finale to the Superman-Wonder Woman title, no effort, not even a token one, was even made there.

This may be my third favorite comic of the three comics I got digitally delivered late last night/early this morning. American Alien kicked its tail and felt a lot bigger (Though I didnt check that ones page count). Even Squadron Supreme was probably a bit better.

May not be that hard sittimg out Rebirth. I'm starting to feel myself drifting away from this in favor of other stuff already as SuoerDad gets more involved and the real Suoerman gets less involved.
    This whole storyline was rushed together from the start, and it shows. Personally, it's like the writers are still, for whatever stupid reason, trying to keep Pre52SM semi-hidden. It's not serving any real good plot purpose, if he's known to exist, he is known to exist. I personally would rather that he be known to exist, call up the JLA and say, hey, I am busy with life, so call me as a backup if your Superman can't do the job. I wish that DC actually went with the March plan of having them meet and team up or something. Whatever happened to that idea I don't know, but it sure sounded better than what's going on now.
    Last edited by DieHard200904; 05-18-2016 at 10:20 AM.

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

I was a fan of this, but this just confirms Tomasi has been phoning it in the past few issues. Just a lot of lazy writing and dragging, heck this doesn't even focus on supes and ww, who are the stars of this book. Just a shame this book had to end with a crossover.

Anyway, Superman 52 will be good regardless of Tomasi's writing just because of the art.

Astonishing Member RobinFan4880's Avatar

Given how Solar Flare Superman was willingly attacking innocents, I have no issue with Superdad fleeing with his family. I also don't think it is much of a big deal that Super Dad left. The trinity is back there fighting the Solar Flare Superman. The trinity. The best, brightest and strongest heroes of the DCU. It's not like he left children behind to fend for themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    I was a fan of this, but this just confirms Tomasi has been phoning it in the past few issues. Just a lot of lazy writing and dragging, heck this doesn't even focus on supes and ww, who are the stars of this book. Just a shame this book had to end with a crossover.

Anyway, Superman 52 will be good regardless of Tomasi's writing just because of the art.
    I feel like the crossover was needlessly ruined by the unnecessary over-inclusion of Batman and Wonder Woman. They often feel ham-fistedly inserted into the story because the names on the titles demand their inclusion.

Quote Originally Posted by DieHard200904 View Post
    This whole storyline was rushed together from the start, and it shows. Personally, it's like the writers are still, for whatever stupid reason, trying to keep Pre52SM semi-hidden. It's not serving any real good plot purpose, if he's known to exist, he is known to exist. I personally would rather that he be known to exist, call up the JLA and say, hey, I am busy with life, so call me as a backup if your Superman can't do the job. I wish that DC actually went with the March plan of having them meet and team up or something. Whatever happened to that idea I don't know, but it sure sounded better than what's going on now.
    Yeah, I agree. I mean, though I am obviously not a fan of SuperDad's, the whole idea of the two Supermen sitting down (or standing, or flying) with each other and talking, comparing their lives asking questions about each other, and so forth sounded intriguing to me. The last Action Comics cover, which was originally for something else, with the two Supermen hinted at that, and before Rebirth announcement, I was excited about it (After the Rebirth announcement, less excited, but thought it might at least be a neat thing in the final pages of the new52 Superman comics). The one that wound with the cover of the two of them together featured one panel of the two Supermen talking something like new52 saying "I don't know who you are." and the other one saying "Kal-El, we don't have time for this now." or whatever. Then this week, they don't interact at all. It's down to next week, and I can only assume as the final issue of the arc, with Solar Superman still to vanquish, and with new52 Superman's likely death, there won't be much time for that.

But of course Batman playing Taxi service to new52 Lois and SuperDad arguing with his wife are much more important to devote pages to. Plus, of course, the fact that the comic was shortened to add advertisements for stuff I doubt I'll read.

Was kind of glad to be able to unsub after today's final issue (Of the SM/WW). I love what these titles once were, but not what they are transitioning into.

Last week looks like the last issue of anything Superman related before Rebirth (JLA, which I am still subbed to, but which is experiencing massive delays) and then I can take a break from this.
    Last edited by SuperCrab; 05-18-2016 at 10:56 AM.

Just realized that Supergirl was talking to the Danvers couple. I guess they'll pretend to be her parents in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by RobinFan4880 View Post
    I feel like the crossover was needlessly ruined by the unnecessary over-inclusion of Batman and Wonder Woman. They often feel ham-fistedly inserted into the story because the names on the titles demand their inclusion.
    Completely agree with his. It'd say it's ruined almost all of his crossovers. The smartest thing they may have done with Rebirth is getting rid of those two titles.

Let's change theme, what do you think? Supergirl image of this chapter colored to look like superwoman.

superwoman.jpg

I was bored and I did.. When I saw the picture, I felt like doing this. black short hair, bare neck, superwoman symbol colors..in the middle more darker, the belt..

I know it's a vague half job.. JAJAJA. I upload it to give joy, laughs .. Now that with superman only generates hatred.. between generations of fans.
    Last edited by adrikito; 05-18-2016 at 12:11 PM.

Somebody answer that phone because I f-ing called it!

after this i can without a doubt say that smww was a mini that lasted only 12 issues. just end it already

srsly if that is the quality o writing smww fans get then it is best that it only happens in elseworlds, cause the writers do not have the competence to do it right. soule being the exception was the only one to be able to do so

Amazing Member

wow what a cheap waste of time.

Quote Originally Posted by adrikito View Post
    Let's change theme, what do you think? Supergirl image of this chapter colored to look like superwoman.

superwoman.jpg

I was bored and I did.. When I saw the picture, I felt like doing this. black short hair, bare neck, superwoman symbol colors..in the middle more darker, the belt..

I know it's a vague half job.. JAJAJA. I upload it to give joy, laughs .. Now that with superman only generates hatred.. between generations of fans.
    This is pretty good

I'll make my final judgment of this story next week. Weeklys read better all at once anyway.