Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
    Phantom Zone Escapee manofsteel1979's Avatar

Default SUPERMAN/WONDER WOMAN #29 Discussion

I thought it was meh. Not terrible. Had some nice moments between Nuperman and Nu Lois and Nu Lois and Batman,and the glimpse into Supergirl's post-REBIRTH status quo with the Danvers was interesting (They REALLY are taking a lot from the TV show),but it was just one long fight with an interlude with Superdad showing Lois and Jon his Fortress and Lois finally taking Superdad to task over he not being forthcoming over his secret activities lately.

It also looked nice. The art has been great through this story.

One issue left and....I'm not all that interested. I'm curious to see how they handle Nuperman's "death" next week, otherwise, I'm looking forward more to the REBIRTH one shot next week to see what the heck is really going on.
    When it comes to comics,one person's "fan-service" is another persons personal cannon. So by definition it's ALL fan service. Aren't we ALL fans?
    SUPERMAN is the greatest fictional character ever created.

So our young Superman fighting for his life and Superdad is just having a chat? Sounds about right.
    Last edited by hellacre; 05-18-2016 at 06:17 AM.

It seemed to me a chapter to meet superdad and his family(for those who have not seen the series) as the last Chapter...

The preview was good the chapter... only battle, supergirl appear and superdad..

That part of supergirl taking the layer .. painting her black hair(both with short hair) and changing little more and ... she seems superwoman.

They will have to do many things in the last chapter, we lost pages presenting the superman rebirth.
    Last edited by adrikito; 05-18-2016 at 06:26 AM.

Like I posted earlier, Sacred's theory with SolarFlare-Man going kamikaze with New-52 Superman may be coming true.
    Issue was meh, forwarding the plot than much of anything about Superman and Wonder Woman. Wish it was otherwise. But since you can already tell with the Rebirth thing on the horizon, things will be rushed. WILL be rushed.

Oh, right. *Cue ship fights*

BANNED

That you didn't even bring up Wonder Woman speaks volumes about this series doesn't it. I am SOOOOOOO glad this disgusting charade of a relationship is over

Quote Originally Posted by hellacre View Post
    So our young Superman fighting for his life and Superdad is just having a chat? Sounds about right.
    Granted, the events of the issue happen over the course of maybe 15 minutes of real time, and I don't fault Superdad for taking his wife and Son to his fortress,but this convo didn't need to happen RIGHT THIS MINUTE. He should be making his way back to California to help Nuperman instead of stopping right now to tell Jon the truth (which I may add, ALREADY HAPPENED IN LOIS AND CLARK #7, so yeah, good job coordinating things, Berganza). While I don't have the axe to grind against Superdad that some have, it's a really bad story choice, especially when from the looks of this issue, Superdad may not actually rejoin the battle at all. Which means Superdad and Nuperman's only interaction ends up as ONE STINKING PANEL. Perhaps Superdad comes back in time and the two of them takes on Solarman in the last issue for the climax,but if that doesn't happen , our meeting of the Supermen is the greatest missed opportunity of this whole arc and will cast a pall across the transition into REBIRTH personally speaking.
    When it comes to comics,one person's "fan-service" is another persons personal cannon. So by definition it's ALL fan service. Aren't we ALL fans?

To be fair BOTH new 52 SM and WW seem to get the shaft in their own title this time. I won't even get into the way the title has been derailed for stupid crossovers. Not a great way to say good bye to a title. And the set up keeps making Superdad look like a guy who cares only for his own comfort. It will take the death of a young very sick Superman who is still trying his best to be a hero for him to act like Superman. He should not be chatting. But he is. We see where his priority lies.

But seems last issue will be predictable. Our Clark dies. Lois becomes Superwoman.

I liked Bats in this. I feel as irritable as him. lol.

Spectacular Member

Filler issue. I was bummed. They should've just made this a four parter instead of dragging us through issues

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Pamp_Lusa View Post
    That you didn't even bring up Wonder Woman speaks volumes about this series doesn't it. I am SOOOOOOO glad this disgusting charade of a relationship is over
    hallelujah!!!

I think the reason superdad didn't came back because he thought nuperman and WW would be more than enough to stop the solarsuper. superdad doesn't know nuperman is dying

This story is headed in a downward spiral. It started out strong with some interesting concepts and great characterization.

Now it has more poor dialogue carried over from last issue. Superdad looks like a tool for leaving everyone so he can have a "talk." This issue felt padded out to fill a trade, dragging Lois away for a couple of pages in the bat-plane when it seems pretty obvious she's just going to come right back next issue.

I think it could still finish on a strong note, but my confidence is dwindling. Bring on the last issue.

Astonishing Member DieHard200904's Avatar

This was a major letdown. Sorry, but I would have just merged it with the nest one and made this the entire ending issue. Some characters were just straight up boring as heck. The setup has been less than interesting.

Astonishing Member DieHard200904's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by manofsteel1979 View Post
    Granted, the events of the issue happen over the course of maybe 15 minutes of real time, and I don't fault Superdad for taking his wife and Son to his fortress,but this convo didn't need to happen RIGHT THIS MINUTE. He should be making his way back to California to help Nuperman instead of stopping right now to tell Jon the truth (which I may add, ALREADY HAPPENED IN LOIS AND CLARK #7, so yeah, good job coordinating things, Berganza). While I don't have the axe to grind against Superdad that some have, it's a really bad story choice, especially when from the looks of this issue, Superdad may not actually rejoin the battle at all. Which means Superdad and Nuperman's only interaction ends up as ONE STINKING PANEL. Perhaps Superdad comes back in time and the two of them takes on Solarman in the last issue for the climax,but if that doesn't happen , our meeting of the Supermen is the greatest missed opportunity of this whole arc and will cast a pall across the transition into REBIRTH personally speaking.
    Nothing could ever be as badly edited as ASBAR, but honestly, recent issues don't look like they have much editorial oversight, at all. Maybe my nerves are just grating a bit. It just makes me shake my head. I agree, two different Supermen meeting is cool, and something I guess the writers didn't research much of is similar to during either Infinite Crisis or JSA - Thy Kingdom Come, P52SM met an older AU version of himself and they could reference either as some sort of inspiration to him now, but alas, a rushed event. I am officially going to just go enjoy older better stuff. Red Son seems to be calling my name.
    Last edited by DieHard200904; 05-18-2016 at 07:46 AM.

It was underwhelming and just reminded me what killed the Superman line. Constant crossover.

Father Son Kamehameha < Kuwagaton's Avatar

Pretty unnecessary issue, but not entirely redundant. We don't know what exactly is going on in the fortress, so it may not be covering the same thing as the L&C comic.

I think what comes off weird is that this story isn't self contained, it looks like filler leading to the rebirth special.

Quote Originally Posted by Kuwagaton View Post
    Pretty unnecessary issue, but not entirely redundant. We don't know what exactly is going on in the fortress, so it may not be covering the same thing as the L&C comic.

I think what comes off weird is that this story isn't self contained, it looks like filler leading to the rebirth special.
    I go back and forth over whether or not Nuperman dies in SUPERMAN #52 or in the REBIRTH special, which comes out the same day. Perhaps that's the reason we are barely seeing Superdad and their meeting got the short shrift last week. Maybe Johns wants to handle that and Nuperman's death and the mantle passing as a framing device of the issue. Note the name of this arc is "The Final Days OF Superman" and not"The Death of Superman".