Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member Dr. Poison's Avatar

I would like to see the original Wally West and Thunder & Lightning back in the Titans book.
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Alan Scott: Green Lantern, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Fire & Ice: Welcome to Smallville, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Society of America, Power Girl, Superman, Shazam, Titans, Wesley Dodds: Sandman, Wonder Woman, & World's Finest: Teen Titans.

Astonishing Member AlexanderLuthor's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Outside_85 View Post
    Or maybe people are just grasping at straws?
    Maybe. DC is certainly giving people a reason to do so. I guess we can check back here next Wednesday and find out

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AlexanderLuthor View Post
    Maybe. DC is certainly giving people a reason to do so. I guess we can check back here next Wednesday and find out
    Even if it's not Wally, it's a speedster. I can see them doing a fake out and having it be an older Bart Allen, maybe.

Separate from Bar Torr.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

Quote Originally Posted by Endsong View Post
    Even if it's not Wally, it's a speedster. I can see them doing a fake out and having it be an older Bart Allen, maybe.

Separate from Bar Torr.
    Well, at least in this scenario we'd get the real Bart back...but it wouldn't have the same impact or meaning (especially given the other characters involved) if it's not Wally.

Pretty standard and generic conclusion, but hey teasing of Wally's possible return is cool.

Maybe it's Jessie Quick. She has sort of just poped up on the TV show.

Peace

Always Rakzo

I thought this was a nice final chapter overall. Solid characterization for everyone while giving classic details about their previous relationships (the romance between Roy and Donna) and the promise of more to come (better be Wally).

I don't think it compensates for how dull the series has been as a whole though. This plot could have been told in half the issues and would have still touched all of the important plot-points, most of the of the chapters were basically filler.

I suppose it served its purpose, reuniting the characters and returning their previous relationships to launch a new title featuring them but the proper story should have been better.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Well, at least in this scenario we'd get the real Bart back...but it wouldn't have the same impact or meaning (especially given the other characters involved) if it's not Wally.
    It wouldn't, but at least he'd be easier to distinguish (apart from the open cowl) from Wally and Barry straight up if it were Impulse. Red and silver, primarily silver, color scheme as opposed to red and gold or yellow and red.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

Quote Originally Posted by Drako View Post
    Man! Can you imagine if DC is playing with us? If they are not bringing OG Wally back, but theses guys instead? I would be mad!

I would die laughing if this were the case

Quote Originally Posted by joybeans View Post
    I would die laughing if this were the case
    But who would get to do the costume redesign? And how eye-bleedingly awful could it get?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Outside_85 View Post
    Or maybe people are just grasping at straws?
    Dude, telling people who want the old Wally back to be cautious and prepare for disappointment is one thing. Telling us we're grasping at straws and have little chance of being satisfied is kind of unwarranted, especially since anyone can make a strong case for the character's return.

Yes, it could be a fake out. The 10th Titan could be Jesse, or Bart, or even someone new. But Pre-Flashpoint Wally West has been demanded more than any other character, and his return would justify the secrecy around the Titans/Flash spoiler as well.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Nomads1 View Post

Peace
    I was thinking this too. She has a history with the team so its not like it would be that strange if DC wanted to avoid the Whole two Wallys thing.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Atlanta96 View Post
    Dude, telling people who want the old Wally back to be cautious and prepare for disappointment is one thing. Telling us we're grasping at straws and have little chance of being satisfied is kind of unwarranted, especially since anyone can make a strong case for the character's return.

Yes, it could be a fake out. The 10th Titan could be Jesse, or Bart, or even someone new. But Pre-Flashpoint Wally West has been demanded more than any other character, and his return would justify the secrecy around the Titans/Flash spoiler as well.
    And this is just me reminding you that DC has NO REASON to bring back pre-Flashpoint Wally as long as his New 52 counterpart is actually still alive and breathing.

Now, dont get me wrong, I would love to see the real Wally return. But at the same time I am under no illusion of DC wanting the same and predicting his return with the incredibly vague signs some people have seen in the pages of Titans Hunt is about as useful as telling the future by looking at tea-leaves.

Astonishing Member AlexanderLuthor's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nomads1 View Post

Peace
    Just my opinion, but I don't think that would require any secrecy or frankly anyone would really care (except those 10 huge Jesse Quick fans somewhere). I have been of the opinion that DC made a business decision to go with Barry as the main Flash, but there was no spitefulness there and they just didn't want two Flash's around for confusion purposes. As I said up the thread, this level of teasing w/o any payoff for the single most requested character in Rebirth, would be a huge middle finger to a fairly substantial number of fans

Quote Originally Posted by Bor View Post
    I was thinking this too. She has a history with the team so its not like it would be that strange if DC wanted to avoid the Whole two Wallys thing.
    The problem with that is, well... This.