Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    People think Wally because who else are they suppose to think given this context. The readers here want a particular speedster. DC knows this, and the writer knows this. The book has been aimed at a audience using a particular generation of characters. The reader here have no reason not to think Wally. There is really no one else from the generation they aren't already using here that would be worth teasing about to this audience. Max Mercury, Bart Allen, and Jesse Quick don't fit with who this book has been using and is a big part of its sell, so what does teasing anyone of them accomplish here.
    So because the readers wont consider other options, then it's the writers fault? thats certainly going to dissapoint anyone with a plot-twist in mind.

And there are plenty of ways to tease a character and not make it seem they're alluding to Wally. Like for instance not ending on a lighting bolt. Teasing in ways that could easily seem like they are alluding to the return of the big omission from this group only sets them up to disappoint their readers. Does that handcuff them a bit, sure, but it is what it is. Its something they have to be aware of given the generation of characters they are using here.
    Bold: Ok, did you just completely ignore that the cop's speech box in that very panel actually says 'Thunder and lightning' when it shows us the thunderbolt and the old clubhouse? How the hell was that supposed to tease Wally when it so bluntly tells us who it is?
    It's not like the Flash has a patent on using lightning after all.

I've always been fond of the notion that because of Convergence, Wally got just enough of a warning that Flashpoint was coming that he was able to grab Linda and the kids and jump into the Speed Force right before it hit; and he's been stuck there ever since.
    Rogue wears rouge.
    Angel knows all the angles.

“Who was the tenth Titan?”
    not
    “Who were the tenth and eleventh Titans?”
    Rogue wears rouge.

Quote Originally Posted by Outside_85 View Post
    So because the readers wont consider other options, then it's the writers fault? thats certainly going to dissapoint anyone with a plot-twist in mind.

Bold: Ok, did you just completely ignore that the cop's speech box in that very panel actually says 'Thunder and lightning' when it shows us the thunderbolt and the old clubhouse? How the hell was that supposed to tease Wally when it so bluntly tells us who it is?
    It's not like the Flash has a patent on using lightning after all.
    It doesn't make sense for readers to consider other options given the context of the book. This book and its writer have been very particular about the kinds of characters they are using and have used. Yet now all of a sudden readers should consider other options. Honestly i would be all for them opening up the roster and the book to non traditional Titans characters and things, but that has clearly not been the intention of this book. So it doesn't make sense for readers here to consider other options when it wouldn't very be consistent with the book or their intention with it so far.

And no i didn't ignore that the cop's speech box, but i also didn't ignore the Dick's lead up question as to who the tenth Titans was. Why would two old villains be the tenth Titan? They would just be shooting themselves in the foot by teasing a tenth Titan with lighting, for it for it to only turn out to be about c-list villains. They have to know this audience is gonna think Wally with that imagery and that context. Plus who cares about Thunder and Lightning, what does teasing them accomplish? And sure the Flash doesn't have a patent on using lightning, but a lightning bolt is the Flash's symbol and an imagery they use consistently with him.
    Last edited by Godlike13; 05-19-2016 at 01:44 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    It doesn't make sense for readers to consider other options given the context of the book. This book and its writer has been very particular about the kinds of characters they are using and have use. Yet now all of a sudden readers should consider other options. It doesn't make sense to consider other options and would be consistent with the book.

And no i didn't ignore that the cop's speech box, but i also didn't ignore the Dick's lead up question as to who the tenth Titans was. Why would two old villains be the tenth Titan?
    The context of the book is not the sole factor playing into this. Yes, it would make sense to bring him back purely for historical reasons... But I serously doubt thats going to happen when they are still maintaining Cyborg has never been a Titan and the Martian Manhunter was never the heart of the League... so since they refuse to fix that problem, why on Earth would you think they'll bend the heavens and earth for the Titans? And again, Wally is a major character for DC, and they know it, and they advertized it when he finally appeared in the New 52... so why are they on mute now if they are planning on bringing the original back?

For starters because Thunder and Lightning aren't exactly villains, secondly because you dont know if Dick's math is even correct or have the meaning they assume it did and lastly because you don't know if there are 2. Like look at what they did to Ding Dong Daddy, are you ruling out already now that there haven't been some changes made to T&L?

Twister repeatedly referred to “ten Titans”, not “eleven Titans”, and was crystal clear that he meant that when he originally encountered them, there were ten of them. Dick merely acknowledged that fact plus the fact that one of the ten is unaccounted for. The math is as simple as it gets.

I'm not saying that the tenth Titan is Wally; but there is only one Titan of the original ten who is unaccounted for. Unless the changes to T&L are that they're one person, they're not the tenth Titan.
    Last edited by Dataweaver; 05-19-2016 at 02:06 AM.
    Rogue wears rouge.

TH hasn't really been pulling from NTT, but from before that. And as to why they would bend the heavens and earth for the Titans, i don't know. But it doesn't mean they can't. They are clearly doing something with their universe and current timeline.

And Dataweaver covered the rest.

BANNED

They can ofc, but atm they dont have a reason to.

Quote Originally Posted by Dataweaver View Post
    Twister repeatedly referred to “ten Titans”, not “eleven Titans”, and was crystal clear that he meant that when he originally encountered them, there were ten of them. Dick merely acknowledged that fact plus the fact that one of the ten is unaccounted for. The math is as simple as it gets.

I'm not saying that the tenth Titan is Wally; but there is only one Titan of the original ten who is unaccounted for. Unless the changes to T&L are that they're one person, they're not the tenth Titan.
    Except I think you are forgetting that Bumblebee wasn't one of the originals, thats why she was left alone.

Quote Originally Posted by Bored at 3:00AM View Post
    Rebirth is predicated on the idea that DC screwed up with its handling of the New 52 revamp and is trying to course correct by appealing to old fans while also trying to not alienate current ones.

How on Earth would obviously teasing the return of the classic Wally West, then failing to deliver on that accomplish any of those goals?

It's Wally, and he was a founding member of the Teen Titans. Period. Will he be sticking around after Rebirth? Dunno. But you are crazy if you think this is a fake out.
    I think it's mainly the former and less of the later - Primarily because I'm guessing the general idea DC has is that since they're selling even less right now, there are simply far less newer fans, hence they're going all-in on the older fans.

Have you been to the Superman-boards btw? They are replacing New-52 Superman with an older time-reality travelling version of Pre-Flashpoint Superman - complete with a marriage to Lois and a young son, who will be the new Superboy.

This isn't going over too well with those of us that are fans of New-52 Superman...

Quote Originally Posted by Grayson - The Dark Heir View Post
    I'd originally assumed this was really just a mix of new and old DCU characters and meant to represent history, legacy, and the future. Look at it this way, Wally is front and centre, and his new version is a big part of Rebirth. Supergirl is back and is going to be doing a mix of classic stuff and TV show-based stuff. There's a new Superboy. Jay represents the birth of the actual JSA on E-2 (probably). Green Arrow is getting a new direction, Jessice Cruz is an official GL and represents that whole line.

But, that doesn't mean I don't think Wally won't be coming back. I just finished #8, and damn. That has to be him. Johns is way too smart to not do that. Why else would Titans: Rebirth and Flash: Rebirth be so important? What character is so big that they should be revived in DCU: Rebirth?

Questions?

I love the amount of reaching done in this thread to deny the return of Wally.

What's most important now is that whether he'll survive the event or not.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Moon View Post

Maybe you'd like to provide us all with the hard evidence that he is so we can put the debate to rest?

Whats even more impressive is that there are people who still think Rebirth is an event.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Moon View Post

Speaking for myself only its not a matter of denying anything as much as wanting to see concrete evidence before I start to be to excited. I was very happy when the talk of a various titles starring wally was being discussed after flash: rebirth and look what happened to that. I hope people are right that this is Classic wally in some way but DC has done stuff like this before.

At this point it could just as well be a version of johnny quick for all we know.

They can ofc, but atm they dont have a reason to.

Except I think you are forgetting that Bumblebee wasn't one of the originals, thats why she was left alone.
    Nope. I didn't forget her. “Dawn replaced the original Dove; who did Bumblebee replace?”

BANNED

I haven't read the issue yet, but it sounds like they are alluding to Wally.

However, that does NOT mean they have immediate plans to bring him back. It could just as easily be something they are leaving a mystery for the future, or even just a "wink wink" to the audience.

Fantastic Member

Regarding Wally; still doesn't answer the question of why or how they would pull this one off. And on top of it all, why have they made no fuzz about it? I mean Wally is a big name and there has been nothing from DC about it while they cant seem to shut up about the Pre-Flashpoint Superman coming back.
    So for now, if there indeed is a speedster coming to the team, I am figuring it is more likely to be Max Mercury (they retconned Cyborg onto the JL, they can add Max to the Titans) or Jesse Quick (making it an even split between genders) than it is Wally West.
    The Pre-Flashpoint Superman is already back though, he's just going to become the main Superman again. And they are teasing a big spoiler related to Rebirth and the Titans in all solicitations, so I don't get why you think that there's going to be nothing related to them. If it were irrelevant news, like a new retconned founding member, why even bother spoilering them?
    Last edited by NeonZ; 05-19-2016 at 05:30 AM.