Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Dataweaver View Post
    Nope. I didn't forget her. “Dawn replaced the original Dove; who did Bumblebee replace?”
    She replaced either Thunder or Lightning, subtract her from the original group and you have 8 Titans accounted for, add the brothers and you have your 10 Titans that Twister spoke about.

Quote Originally Posted by NeonZ View Post
    The Pre-Flashpoint Superman is already back though, he's just going to become the main Superman again. And they are teasing a big spoiler related to Rebirth and the Titans in all solicitations, so I don't get why you think that there's going to be nothing related to them. If it were irrelevant news, like a new retconned founding member, why even bother spoilering them?
    Because DC HAS NO REASON to bring him back. And they especially have no reason to do so as long as he is already here in another guise.

Subtract her from the original group and we have 9 Titans accounted for. Dick, Donna, Garth, Roy, Lilith, Hawk, Dove, Malcolm Duncan, and Gnarrk.
    Last edited by Godlike13; 05-19-2016 at 06:14 AM.

So does this mean that we will actually have 10 members of the team in the Rebirth series instead of just Nightwing, Aqualad, Donna Troy, Arsenal, and Lilith?
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    So does this mean that we will actually have 10 members of the team in the Rebirth series instead of just Nightwing, Aqualad, Donna Troy, Arsenal, and Lilith?
    Thats a good question. We know Bumblbee will be around, so its proably safe to assume Malcolm then too. Though it will be interesting to see in what capacity. Not gonna lie i wouldn't mind if Hawk, Dove, and the cave boy hit the bricks. And i have to wonder, given where TH and presumably Titans is pulling from, if where gonna see Jokers Daughter at some point.
    Last edited by Godlike13; 05-19-2016 at 06:29 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    Thats a good question. We know Bumblbee will be around, so its proably safe to assume Malcolm then too. Though it will be interesting to see in what capacity. Not gonna lie i wouldn't mind if Hawk, Dove, and the cave boy hit the bricks. And i have to wonder, given where TH and presumably Titans is pulling from, if where gonna see Jokers Daughter at some point.
    Well it would just be weird if for no reason after Titans Hunt some of the characters who went on this adventure just decided to leave. It would be especially weird since Dan Abnett is still writing Titans in rebirth.

As for Joker's Daughter, didn't Jason Todd kill her recently or something?
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Outside_85 View Post
    Because DC HAS NO REASON to bring him back. And they especially have no reason to do so as long as he is already here in another guise.
    The whole promotional push behind Rebirth is remembering DC's history and bringing back 'legacy'. Wally was the most successful legacy character. Besides, it's not like New52 Wally is starring in any solos that would be hurt by the original Wally returning. Like I said above, if the spoiler is just a new retconned character, why would they even bother hiding it? They'd just show that character in the solicits and such like everything else. Leaving that identity reveal for the beginning of the Rebirth books themselves will just bring bad will towards them if it's just some silly retconned character no one cares about.

BANNED

I've never seen so many people so optimistic about Old Wally returning! It's actually got me kind of excited about Rebirth, in addition to dreading the results. And while there's still the possibility of Jesse Quick or even Starfire being the 10th Titan, I think there's a zero percent chance of it being Thunder and Lightning. They were already introduced into the New 52 and nobody cared about them. No way they'd tease them like this.

Everyone is thinking that it's WALLY red head WEST but has everybody forgotton about HARLEQUIN the ''jokers daughter''
    Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    Subtract her from the original group and we have 9 Titans accounted for. Dick, Donna, Garth, Roy, Lilith, Hawk, Dove, Malcolm Duncan, and Gnarrk.

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by warzon View Post
    Everyone is thinking that it's WALLY red head WEST but has everybody forgotton about HARLEQUIN the ''jokers daughter''
    No, she's been mentioned, and at the same time someone mentioned that Jason Todd recently killed her and she's been a full on villain otherwise.

Plus - she doesn't fit the hinting or match up with Karen's powers. Admittedly, though, Starfire does, but I think Dick and Roy would remember if their shared ex was on the team.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

She replaced either Thunder or Lightning, subtract her from the original group and you have 8 Titans accounted for, add the brothers and you have your 10 Titans that Twister spoke about.
    Original Team → Titans Hunt Team
    Robin (Dick Grayson) → Nightwing (Dick Grayson)
    Speedy (Roy Harper) → Arsenal (Roy Harper)
    Aqualad (Garth) → “Garth, Tempest of the Seas”
    Wonder Girl (Donna Troy) → “Donna Troy, Fate of the Gods”
    Herald (Mal Duncan) → Mal Duncan
    Omen (Lilith Clay) → Lilith Clay
    Caveboy (Gnarrk) → “Gnarrk, the Hunter”
    Hawk (Hank Hall) → Hawk (Hank Hall)
    Dove (Don Hall) → Dove (Dawn Granger)
    _____ → Karen Duncan

Twister confirmed that there were only ten members of the original team he fought. Eight are the same people, “all growed up”; the ninth was Don Hall, now replaced by Dawn Granger. That leaves one spot on the original roster unaccounted for. Not two; one. This isn't open to interpretation; it's a simple, straightforward fact.

This, OTOH, is nothing more than your opinion. It's not that DC has no reason to bring him back; it's that you don't see a reason to bring him back.

Quote Originally Posted by GlennSimpson View Post
    I haven't read the issue yet, but it sounds like they are alluding to Wally.

However, that does NOT mean they have immediate plans to bring him back. It could just as easily be something they are leaving a mystery for the future, or even just a "wink wink" to the audience.
    As you haven't read the issue yet, let me transcribe the last page for you:

Roy: “So?”
    Dick: “We forgot stuff. Deliberately. Even Lilith, and she's the one who helped us forget. I don't think we've remembered everything. Back then, there were ten of us. This time around, Dawn took the place of the Dove who died. But do the math. Who was Karen Duncan a replacement for?”
    Cop: “Folks? Looks like there's a real big storm coming in over the bay!”
    Roy: “A twister?”
    Cop: “No, sir. Just a regular storm… thunder and lightning. And it's almost here.”
    [In the distance, lightning strikes the shore across the bay.]

If the rest of it clearly indicates Wally as the tenth Titan, “it's almost here” indicates an imminent return. It's possible that it's not Wally, and it's possible tha the tenth Titan isn't due to return any time now. But if I was a betting man, that's not what my wagers would be.
    Last edited by Dataweaver; 05-19-2016 at 08:18 AM.
    Rogue wears rouge.
    Angel knows all the angles.

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

You do realize that Rebirth isn't an event or story right? It's a collective banner DC is using to get people psyched because they've instigated sweeping changes to how they do comics and made a few tweaks and fixes in the books themselves. It's not a reboot, nothing has changed in terms of continuity, the characters are still the same as they were before, they are just allowed to do other kinds of stories now.
    Rebirth is indeed a story (the one-shot coming out on May 25th) and an event (the Rebirth relaunch issues) and a collective banner for a revamp (the new bimonthly line that DC is trying). Given that nobody here has read that one-shot, I think it's a bit premature to say that nothing is changing in terms of continuity. I don't think it'll be a reboot by any means, but I think some big changes are going to be happening to some parts of the DCU. What those changes may be is anyone's guess, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Bored at 3:00AM View Post
    Rebirth is indeed a story (the one-shot coming out on May 25th) and an event (the Rebirth relaunch issues) and a collective banner for a revamp (the new bimonthly line that DC is trying). Given that nobody here has read that one-shot, I think it's a bit premature to say that nothing is changing in terms of continuity. I don't think it'll be a reboot by any means, but I think some big changes are going to be happening to some parts of the DCU. What those changes may be is anyone's guess, though.
    As well, Johns has said that the story that will start in DCU Rebirth #1 is intended to play out over two years. There's more going on here than just a banner.
    Rogue wears rouge.
    Angel knows all the angles.

Astonishing Member

Gan and Tavis Williams are very minor characters and they belong to the Wolfman era. Thunder and Lightning are now the daughters of Black Lightning, I think. (I am sure other characters are being called Thunder and Lightning.)

The Harlequin - Duela; Bat-Girl - Bette; Golden Eagle - Charlie: these characters have yet to be addressed like Kid Flash - ?. (I'm hoping for the return of Walter West; he had a neat costume.)

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by scary harpy View Post
    Gan and Tavis Williams are very minor characters and they belong to the Wolfman era. Thunder and Lightning are now the daughters of Black Lightning, I think. (I am sure other characters are being called Thunder and Lightning.)

The Harlequin - Duela; Bat-Girl - Bette; Golden Eagle - Charlie: these characters have yet to be addressed like Kid Flash - ?. (I'm hoping for the return of Walter West; he had a neat costume.)
    Frankly my expectation is that it's going to be an older Wally West, the brother of Iris West, whose nephew was named after him.

Also - the current Thunder and Lightning are a brother/sister pair of twins from the Culling.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

Man, no disrespect, but you're trying so hard to make like it's not something related to Wally, when clearly is.
    Just say: I don't want him back.

DC has no reason for bring Thunder and Lightning but to make angry fans.
    And like byrd156 said, they already have a new version.
    https://wtfdccomics.files.wordpress....ng-artemis.jpg

The other thing is... the fact that NuWally exist does not exclude OG Wally being on rebirth. We had Powergirl and Supergirl together on the same earth for decades.