Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Super Moderator

Default "Batman: Return to Arkham" Announcement Trailer Touts Remaster of Acclaimed Games

WB Games has announced the "Arkham" remaster collection, which will go on sale July 29 for $49.99 USD.

Full article here.

Kind of a shame that Origins got snubbed, that was a fine addition to the series.

BANNED

Now with extra tank levels?

The tank missions were fine in AK. It's not like they were hard or anything. I felt it added a new dimension to the game after several iterations of basic freeflow combat. But, to his his own.
    "Darkseid...always hated music..."

Every post I make, it should be assumed by the reader that the following statement is attached: "It's all subjective. What works for me doesn't necessarily work for you, and vice versa, and that's ok. You may have a different opinion on it, but this is mine. That's the wonderful thing about being a comics fan, it's all subjective."

CBR got me like.. Maxpower00044's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Clark_Kent View Post
    The tank missions were fine in AK. It's not like they were hard or anything. I felt it added a new dimension to the game after several iterations of basic freeflow combat. But, to his his own.

Agreed. Tank battles were fine.

I've beaten both Asylum and City both a combined 20 times. I'll still probably grab this game eventually.
    Last edited by Maxpower00044; 05-18-2016 at 05:08 PM.

It's about time the trailer dropped. The remastered editions weren't a very well kept secret.
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Clark_Kent View Post
    The problem was that they forgot to put any non-tank missions in the game.
    You can't even crawl through some ducts in a sewer or get an elevator to work or fight a boss without needing the bloody Battank.

Extraordinary Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar

Origins' exclusion is pretty stupid, especially since it had the most additional content of the three and is in canon. Really it was simply a case of RS asking Warner Montreal for the core code and working on updating it to next gen. It's practically their games anyway. Its exclusion means the game with the best story and a strong amount of side missions and Mister Freeze DLC is absent. I guess we'll have to hope for a Return to Arkham 2 with Origins and Blackgate then?

Great news for anyone that hasn't played the game.

The list of things I haven't done once is too long for me to be excited about this.

Origins was made by another company, hence it's exclusion here.
    Blah! Blah! Blah! Blah! Blah!

Generic condescending passive aggressive elitist statement.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Derek Metaltron View Post
    Origins' exclusion is pretty stupid, especially since it had the most additional content of the three and is in canon. Really it was simply a case of RS asking Warner Montreal for the core code and working on updating it to next gen. It's practically their games anyway. Its exclusion means the game with the best story and a strong amount of side missions and Mister Freeze DLC is absent. I guess we'll have to hope for a Return to Arkham 2 with Origins and Blackgate then?
    Not that simple at all, I think.
    Lots of legal red tape in all probability.

I liked the first two games a lot. AC was probably my favorite. The rest were OK, but I thought AK was a bit underwhelming. Did not like having to handle the damn tank all the time (tons of missions were bull crap tank fights as well as boss battles) and there was barely any improvement to the gameplay. The multi-takedown was a cool feature though.
    Superhero shows are trash

Extraordinary Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar

So apparently Rocksteady haven't even made this, instead it's developed by the company who did the Uncharted Trilogy update? Which makes the Arkham Origins exclusion even more idiotic. Red Tape can be sorted out easily, most likely it's due to selfishness and whiney fanboys who couldn't consider Origins as 'canon' because RS didn't oversee it, even though it had the best story and in many aspects the best DLC.

This will still be a great set but no one should call it the complete Arkham experience without Origins.

Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    The problem was that they forgot to put any non-tank missions in the game.
    You can't even crawl through some ducts in a sewer or get an elevator to work or fight a boss without needing the bloody Battank.
    They seriously overused the Tank. The Riddler challenges were one of my favorite aspects of AA and AC, AK was really disappointing because most of the puzzles involved the tank. Also the Deathstroke battle was really disappointing.

So apparently Rocksteady haven't even made this, instead it's developed by the company who did the Uncharted Trilogy update?
    If it's any consolation the remastered Uncharted Trilogy was really well done.

So apparently Rocksteady haven't even made this, instead it's developed by the company who did the Uncharted Trilogy update? Which makes the Arkham Origins exclusion even more idiotic. Red Tape can be sorted out easily, most likely it's due to selfishness and whiney fanboys who couldn't consider Origins as 'canon' because RS didn't oversee it, even though it had the best story and in many aspects the best DLC.

This will still be a great set but no one should call it the complete Arkham experience without Origins.
    Most companies that make the games don't do their own remasterings. It's pretty common that different companies do it.

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Nightwing View Post
    They seriously overused the Tank. The Riddler challenges were one of my favorite aspects of AA and AC, AK was really disappointing because most of the puzzles involved the tank. Also the Deathstroke battle was really disappointing.
    The Deathstroke fight sucked but I don't get the complaints for the tank fights. I loved them and they were super easy and fun.