Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Kitty getting called out by Star lord. Eek. More really awful writing.

Seriously can someone please give Kitty to Cullen Bunn?

BANNED

Actually this is true. Kitty has been written as flaky in recent years. When Colossus became the new Juggernaught, she immediately DUMPS him. She then becomes headmistress of the new Jean Grey school with Wolverine. In order to honor Charles, she agrees to look out for and train the o5 (when the X-men immediately wanted to send them home). Awhile later after the whole BOTA drama, when find out the o5 can't go home (something is blocking them). What happens then? She eventually leaves the o5 she is responsible for her (maybe if she hadn't agree to take care of them they would have been sent immediately back, if the block wasn't there) with Magik aka Illyana of all people. Supposedly it was because she loved Peter aka Starlord, but I think she saw a chance to get rid of her responsibilities (looking out after the o5, training New Mutants). I think Kitty has an ego and wants to look good as a hero. Granted Peter of all people should recognize this as he has his own ego issues. Oh and I forgot how just because of the disagreement between her and other Jean Grey school staff, she was going to walk off and leave the o4 (but they had already discussed things and agreed to go to Cyclops's camp with her). She shows no ability to commit, whether it's her relationship or whether it's her job or other duties. She's started college multiple times and never actually got her degree either. Kitty has no stability and it is time someone called her out on it.

BANNED

I'm not seeing the problem here.

Where do you get the idea that the writer is on Peter's side?

Astonishing Member Askani's Flame's Avatar

More importantly....GATECRASHER IS FEATURED IN THE BACKGROUND GROUP!!! ******SWOON*******

Astonishing Member TooFlyToFail's Avatar

What's the problem? She's a flake. There's evidence.

haha, they are really made for each other.

The X-Men are known for dysfunctional romances, but is this first one to end up on a daytime talk show? Seems rather fitting that Kitty would pop that bubble.

and if you want to see Storm who made an appearance in Starlord's story of the break up. lol.

The worst part of the issue was Kitty still being in love with Starlord. lol.

And that we didnt get to find out what was on Wolverine's web browser.

To quote one of the bound studio audience above...
    "Yaaaaaaas, gurl!"

While I detest Star Lord, I'm completely OK with him calling Kitty out on her behaviour and decades-old desire to be seen as perfect and always as the wronged party in any conflict/relationship.
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

BANNED

Marvel publishes this book?

I would actually like to know Logan's browser history.

First of all, is this even legal. Randomly posting pages of a comic that just came out. I don't think it's ethical or fair to the writer and artist. But that might be just me.

Second, I don't know what exactly are you trying to achieve with this thread. Like some posters here said, are you angry because someone called out on Kitty's behavior? I wrote one long post explaining why that could be one of her best stories ever. One long in the making even. The wrong thing to do (and hope they don't do it) would be if Star-Lord gets all the blame and Kitty is presented as a victim. That would be a really bad story. Also, your anti fandom is showing for no reason.

Last, an spoiler. At the end of the story, no matter if she goes back with Star-Lord or not, Kitty will stay with the Guardians. She won't go back to the X-Men. That's the one thing you won't be able to change no matter how much you hate the pairing.

Kitty fans kind of deserve this after how hard they pushed for that Star-Lord romance for whatever reason. I guess they liked Chris Pratt so much they didn't think anything could go wrong, lol.

Ultimate Member

I'm beginning to think Kitty's only true love is Illyana.

Well... not beginning to think so much as beginning to know.

Quote Originally Posted by Badou View Post
    Kitty fans kind of deserve this after how hard they pushed for that Star-Lord romance for whatever reason. I guess they liked Chris Pratt so much they didn't think anything could go wrong, lol.
    I don't know what is exactly what you're implying here. The one to blame for this is not the pairing or the fans who saw potential, it's the writer.