Page 2 of 22 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Calighoula View Post
    Zimmer's scores for the Nolan trilogy, MoS and BvS trump anything I've heard from the Fox/Marvel camps' film scores. That goes without saying.
    I'll agree they had more memorable themes like 'Molossus' from Batman Begins or 'Is She With You' from Batman V Superman, but I think both Marvel and DC have been kind of unforgettable. And all I can remember from fox was the X2 theme and Deadpool's awesome soundtrack, which doesn't really count.

Time for Dissection FlashingSabre's Avatar

There you go Johns. Already sounding better.

And yeah, the Captain America music is way better then anything in the Snyderverse. C'mon. Star-spangled Man with a Plan.
    Cyclops was right

Quote Originally Posted by The Gorn Identity View Post
    Personally, I disagree. I think Alan Silvestri's Avengers and Captain America themes are pretty uplifting and catchy.
    They're not bad, but Silvestri did his best work in the 1980s-90s.

Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    I'll agree they had more memorable themes like 'Molossus' from Batman Begins or 'Is She With You' from Batman V Superman, but I think both Marvel and DC have been kind of unforgettable. And all I can remember from fox was the X2 theme and Deadpool's awesome soundtrack, which doesn't really count.
    Does Guardians' Awesome Mix also not count?

I think Arrow and Flash's respective TV themes are pretty memorable .

Vertigo Psychonaut ChaoticScholar's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Gorn Identity View Post
    Personally, I disagree. I think Alan Silvestri's Avengers and Captain America themes are pretty uplifting and catchy.
    Dark Knight Trilogy was great, you could tell what it was for. "That's Batman" Even MoS, that score was cool. BvS had the Wonder Woman theme, an that was it.
    "People look at us and see the poor and the mad, but they’re looking at us through the bar of their cages.

There’s a palace in your head, boy.

Learn to live in it always. " -- Grant Morrison

Now just get someone else to direct Justice League.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by FlashingSabre View Post
    There you go Johns. Already sounding better.

And yeah, the Captain America music is way better then anything in the Snyderverse. C'mon. Star-spangled Man with a Plan.
    I somewhat disagree. Batman's theme "Do You Bleed" is pretty damn good. I love BvS's entire soundtrack except for Luthor's tracks. BUT......

dat Captain America theme tho!

i'm not a fan of his JL run but his reboots of GL and Aquaman have been succesful , he's definitely the man to revamp DC films
    What we used to call life has very little worth these days. Welcome to the very edge.
    --Prince Namor (Earth-616)

Astonishing Member

Does this mean that once we do get another Green Lantern onscreen, his enemies will all be people with different colored rings?

Fantastic Member Iluvitloud1976's Avatar

It really is ironic because for as long as I can remember Marvel Comics was always the darker & edgier side of superheroes where DC was always the more optimistic universe.
    ".......he's wrong, we're not wearing costumes" -Leonardo, 1984

Quote Originally Posted by ChaoticScholar View Post
    Dark Knight Trilogy was great, you could tell what it was for. "That's Batman" Even MoS, that score was cool. BvS had the Wonder Woman theme, an that was it.
    The opening title, "Beautiful Lie," is superb. Zimmer left CBMs on a high note.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Calighoula View Post
    Zimmer's scores for the Nolan trilogy, MoS and BvS trump anything I've heard from the Fox/Marvel camps' film scores. That goes without saying.
    That doesn't automatically make them good, you know... If you want to argue that Zimmer's scores are good, you can point out why you think so and what you enjoyed about them.

Saying they're better than Marvel/FOX scores really doesn't support a pro Zimmer argument.
    It's like:

Person A: X-Men: The Last Stand was terrible
    Person B: It trumps X-Men Origins: Wolverine

Personally I don't pay attention to scores as much so I'm not taking any sides here. And honestly I couldn't care less if Marvel/FOX or DC have superior scripts... just saying, why go there at all...
    Last edited by solletaire; 05-18-2016 at 06:05 PM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Iluvitloud1976 View Post
    It really is ironic because for as long as I can remember Marvel Comics was always the darker & edgier side of superheroes where DC was always the more optimistic universe.
    There's so little difference between the two these days that it entirely depends on which comics you're looking at.

I remember saying much the same thing you did to people online and they're like "DC has always been darker. Remember Dark Knight Returns?" Then I'll bring up some of my favorite lighter DC stuff and they'd dismiss it as being from the "campy era".

So, yeah, it depends on what you're looking for. When I think DC, I think Silver Age craziness, Waid's Flash and Impulse, Kesel's Superboy and Peter David's Young Justice. When other people think DC, they think Dark Knight Returns and a bunch of other dark stuff from the '80s and the early days of Vertigo.

Quote Originally Posted by Iluvitloud1976 View Post
    And Marvel was 'always the world outside your window," or so they claimed, while DC was the more idealized, fantastical universe.

Now the main drive of the DCEU is showing what these characters would be like if they existed in the real world while Marvel Studios seem far more embracing of the more of the colorful and fun, out-of-this word, comic elements for their movies.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by kmeyers View Post
    I'll believe it when they finally get rid of Zack Snyder.
    Yeah, sound's like there could be some disagreements between Snyder and Johns over future DC films if Warner Brothers plans to keep him around as director.