Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    Anyone mention a mosquito?
    With the right diease/ parasite combo.

Spectacularly Neurotic Sharkerbob's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Chou Lives View Post
    With the right diease/ parasite combo.
    I assume that counts under "poison."

If not, then it's not the mosquito actually killing you, so it shouldn't count.

Quote Originally Posted by Sharkerbob View Post
    I assume that counts under "poison."

If not, then it's not the mosquito actually killing you, so it shouldn't count.
    Also I assume pretty much anyone could swat a single mosquito if it was their only for in the arena
    Last edited by Stigmazilla; 05-19-2016 at 07:00 PM.

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Morgan View Post
    Granted, but a dog COULD suffer the same problem if someone manages to grab ahold of one of it's legs and damage it. I don't like the odds of that happenign before teeth meet flesh, but it's not impossible. But it isn't impossible to deflect or catch a lunging dog if you know it's coming.
    Sure. I'm just iffy about grabbing a leg, when those legs are waaaaay down there, comparatively speaking. Not exactly in our comfort zone.

Deflecting or catching a lunging dog, sure. Not impossible. Just, for me, less likely than dog getting teeth in.

Edit: and your points about dogs attacking in ways we aren't used to is fair, but my point is some people are used to it. I'd probably favor someone with experience man handling dogs over someone who was really good at hurting people, in this scenario.
    Absolutely.

I guess my thought here is, is this real world peak human, or RWPH with actual training to deal with animals?

Big difference.
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Quote Originally Posted by The Thunderbird View Post
    What do you think would be the weakest animal or beast that can defeat an unarmed peak human in combat? No poisons, weapons, or supernatural powers please.
    So I can't send Smaug then?
    Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

Spectacularly Neurotic Sharkerbob's Avatar

Fictional? Facehuggers seem to get the drop on humans pretty consistently. Even factoring out their acid-blood, they consistently manage to take down even trained soldiers. Although ambush attacks help there, mainly, which might not be an option in the arena. Of course, it's the chest buster that actually kills you, but I presume a face-hugger could theoretically just suffocate a human if it had a mind to.

Heck, there's probably any number of video game grunt-tier monsters that could do it, even taking away magic powers.

Quote Originally Posted by Sharkerbob View Post
    Fictional? Facehuggers seem to get the drop on humans pretty consistently. Even factoring out their acid-blood, they consistently manage to take down even trained soldiers. Although ambush attacks help there, mainly, which might not be an option in the arena. Of course, it's the chest buster that actually kills you, but I presume a face-hugger could theoretically just suffocate a human if it had a mind to.

Heck, there's probably any number of video game grunt-tier monsters that could do it, even taking away magic powers.
    The Gace Hugger pretty much sends you into a coma and impregnstes with chest buster.

Removing a face hugger will kill host for reasons though. As it is giving said host air.

E-Liter3K Scoped Headshot The MunchKING's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Anarchist View Post
    Have you seen dogs in a frenzy?
    Speaking of, in Fallout 4 yesterday, I ran into a Mutant Hound. I emptied a clip from my heavily modded 10mm pistol right into the things head. 15+ shots in the skull, and the thing didn't slow down. Didn't enter a flinch animation or anything. Dogs can be BRUTAL.

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    Anyone mention a mosquito?
    Technically Mosquitos never killed anyone. It was the Malaria virus they carried that actually killed people.
    The MunchKING is Back! And he is AWSOME!

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpandpointies View Post
    Sure. I'm just iffy about grabbing a leg, when those legs are waaaaay down there, comparatively speaking. Not exactly in our comfort zone.

Deflecting or catching a lunging dog, sure. Not impossible. Just, for me, less likely than dog getting teeth in.

Absolutely.

I guess my thought here is, is this real world peak human, or RWPH with actual training to deal with animals?

Big difference.
    (I know it's kinda late, but I was too busy to post anything when the thread was still 'hot')

IF the dog is wearing a collar that's you're best weapon right there. collars were created to help control animals in the first place, so might as well use it. grab that collar at the best available opportunity and twist it as hard as you can to bring the dog into submission (or kill it). I've only had to do this once. when I got the choke locked in with one hand I had to use BOTH hands to keep the dog from squirming out and leaping in for another attack.

he was a 60-pound pitbull-- there was no way I could match his speed or strength, and that collar was the only thing I had available that I could use against him without seriously hurting him. I didn't want to KILL somebody's pet.

NO WAY I would have tried grabbing a leg with my hands. if I tried reaching for a hind leg with my hands I would, by necessity, be exposing my neck and face. and that's a REALLY BAD IDEA! don't try to disable the legs unless you've already got absolute control of the dog's head and neck. at that point, it's actually impossible to grab a leg since you'll need both hands just to keep the dog's head under control. you're only option left is to KICK the dog in the hips as hard as you can to break the femur or dislocate the leg... then you might have the luxury of disengaging since the dog should (hopefully) be unable to follow.

if that dog hadn't been wearing a collar I wouldn't have had any options apart from getting mauled... I mean I would have fought back somehow... but it would have definitely involved a trip to the hospital.

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

Absolutely, no question.

I don't think collars are part of this equation, though.
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate