Astonishing Member mathew101281's Avatar

Default Has there ever been a DC story focused around DC’ myth based characters?

A Wonderwoman, Aquaman and Shazam team up series would be interesting.

Extraordinary Member Dr. Poison's Avatar

The War of the Gods mini-series in the 80s by Perez was essentially this so was the recent War of the Gods event(minus any Aquaman) in the Wonder Woman solo book and adjoined specials.
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Alan Scott: Green Lantern, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Fire & Ice: Welcome to Smallville, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Society of America, Power Girl, Superman, Shazam, Titans, Wesley Dodds: Sandman, Wonder Woman, & World's Finest: Teen Titans.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Poison View Post
    The War of the Gods mini-series in the 80s by Perez was essentially this so was the recent War of the Gods event(minus any Aquaman) in the Wonder Woman solo book and adjoined specials.
    Sadly it was just not done well. Instead of doing a third round of Amazons attack, I would love for them to try a War of the Gods storyline.
    I think restorative nostalgia is the number one issue with comic book fans.
    A fine distinction between two types of Nostalgia:

Reflective Nostalgia allows us to savor our memories but accepts that they are in the past
    Restorative Nostalgia pushes back against the here and now, keeping us stuck trying to relive our glory days.

Astonishing Member OBrianTallent's Avatar

This is what the original Grail storyline could have been in the Wonder Woman title when Robinson wrote it (I think it was Robinson--when Grail was roaming around stealing the powers of the demigods and gods to re-ignite Darkseid.) Imagine and all out war of the Old Gods against the New Gods/Apokalips. It could be so stinking cool.
    William Messner Loebs Go Fund Me Page https://www.gofundme.com/f/help-writ...ource=customer

Peter David Go Fund Me Page https://www.gofundme.com/f/peter-david-fund

Len Kaminski Go Fund Me Page https://www.gofundme.com/f/help-save-len-kaminski

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by OBrianTallent View Post
    This is what the original Grail storyline could have been in the Wonder Woman title when Robinson wrote it (I think it was Robinson--when Grail was roaming around stealing the powers of the demigods and gods to re-ignite Darkseid.) Imagine and all out war of the Old Gods against the New Gods/Apokalips. It could be so stinking cool.
    There's potential for other characters not traditionally associated with the Greco-Roman gods to be called up for such an event.

Demeter, goddess of all things green and growing, summons up this generations avatar of the Green, the Swamp Thing, and cites some ancient agreement between herself and the Green. Hephaestus adds his artifice skills to augment the armor of the person in this generation he considers to best represent him, John Henry Irons. Hades snaps his fingers and Deadman appears. "Long have you avoided my judgement. It is for a reason I let you wander afield, stray dog. Serve your purpose now."