Default Whatever Happened to... In the New 52?

I posted a similar thread in the Marvel forum. With the amount of titles on the stands nowadays it easy to lose track of some characters who don't have a regular feature, especially after the New 52 reboot (and maybe after Rebirth, also), so I thought about creating this thread so that the forum posters themselves can update other posters. Give the book and issue the character was last seen,and a short summary of his last appearence, and maybe how he is different now than how he was in the Pre-Flashpoint Universe. A thread like this will be specially useful for readers such as myself, who hardly follow current books anymore, and who'd like to know what stories they might want to track down or if they are worth it.
    To get the ball rolling, let's see... Whatever happened to:

Captain Comet
    Maxima
    Hawk and Dove (before Titans Hunt)
    Virl Dox
    Vibe
    Hawkman (both after Forever Evil)

More to follow.
    And Ithank beforehand any poster that might answer.
    Post away.

Peace
    Last edited by Nomads1; 05-19-2016 at 05:08 AM.

Hawkman was in Justice League United following Forever Evil, but only in a disappointingly limited role. His last appearance was in issue #10, with the explanation of his departure from the team being that he was remaining on Thanagar to act as a diplomat. As far as I know, the last time we saw him pop up on Prime Earth was in issue #2 of the Bat-Mite mini-series, of all things, from around a year or so ago.
    Batman: I need your help finding a man named Vulko.
    Hawkman: You want him dead or alive?
    - Justice League #17

MXAAGVNIEETRO IS RIGHT MyriVerse's Avatar

Nu52 Maxima is a lesbian who's got the hots for Kara and feels torn between that and her duty to repopulate. Then the Supergirl series ended and she hasn't appeared.
    f/k/a The Black Guardian
    COEXIST | NOEXIST
    ShadowcatMagikДаякѕтая Sto☈mDustMercury MonetRachelSage
    MagnetoNightcrawlerColossusRockslideBeastXavier

Captain Comet was in the recent Telos miniseries.

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

Captain Comet was in SUPERGIRL and TELOS.

The dude needs more play.

Fantastic Member

Ted Kord
    Plastic Man
    Pandora
    Captain Atom

Wasn't Captain Comet in Morrison's Action Comics as well?
    As of now:
    All-Star Batman, Batman, Doom Patrol, The Flash, The Fix, The Flintstones, Green Valley, Hadrian's Wall, The Hellblazer, Moonshine, New Super-Man, Suicide Squad, Superman, 'Tec, Unfollow

Quote Originally Posted by TheNewFiftyForum View Post
    It was where they re-introduced him for the New 52. But the Supergirl and Telos appearances were his latest ones (post Action Comics appearances).

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkman View Post
    Hawkman was in Justice League United following Forever Evil, but only in a disappointingly limited role. His last appearance was in issue #10, with the explanation of his departure from the team being that he was remaining on Thanagar to act as a diplomat. As far as I know, the last time we saw him pop up on Prime Earth was in issue #2 of the Bat-Mite mini-series, of all things, from around a year or so ago.
    Ah, Ok.

Quote Originally Posted by MyriVerse View Post
    Nu52 Maxima is a lesbian who's got the hots for Kara and feels torn between that and her duty to repopulate. Then the Supergirl series ended and she hasn't appeared.
    Not sure I like the twist. In theory, seems like an unnecessary, but I'd have to see how it's handled. Is she still the hot red-head? I heard they made her more alien looking.

Quote Originally Posted by Ishmael View Post
    Captain Comet was in the recent Telos miniseries.
    Quote Originally Posted by Flash Gordon View Post
    Captain Comet was in SUPERGIRL and TELOS.

The dude needs more play.
    Yes, I saw him in the previews. Was he more in sync with Morrison's wierd future man version of Action Comics, or with his more heroic (sort of. Starlin pictured him as relectantly heroic) pre-Flashpoint version? I didn't like the Morrison Take. But, I agree, we need to see more of him.

Quote Originally Posted by TheNewFiftyForum View Post
    That's where he first poped up in the New 52 DCU, with his own version of the Wanderers in tow, but I have to admit I didn't like it.

Quote Originally Posted by Wally West View Post
    Ted Kord
    Plastic Man
    Pandora
    Captain Atom
    Ted Kord was in Forever Evil, just to get his dad killed and to recieve some advice from Lex Luthor. He'll be part of the new Blue Beatle Rebirth book.

Peace

MXAAGVNIEETRO IS RIGHT MyriVerse's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nomads1 View Post
    Not sure I like the twist. In theory, seems like an unnecessary, but I'd have to see how it's handled. Is she still the hot red-head? I heard they made her more alien looking.
    103dfd95b578c09f419776e18978de75.jpg
    Still a cutie. She's not a villain, at all. She more of a 20-ish college-age character. In fact, she's enrolled in some galactic super-powered university against her parents' wishes, who wanted her to be a breeder. Her attraction to Kara was really handled well, imo. It wasn't over-the-top like her previous incarnation with Superman. She was trying to get Kara enrolled in the school, there was some issue with a corrupt professor. After the battle, she tells Kara that she'd never known true love until meeting her, because she was never attracted to any of the men from her planet.

The really alien-looking Maxima was not her.
    Last edited by MyriVerse; 05-20-2016 at 06:21 AM.
    f/k/a The Black Guardian
    COEXIST | NOEXIST
    ShadowcatMagikДаякѕтая Sto☈mDustMercury MonetRachelSage
    MagnetoNightcrawlerColossusRockslideBeastXavier

Vibe is still lost in the multiverse after Forever Evil AFAIK.
    Cheers - CL

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Nomads1 View Post
    I posted a similar thread in the Marvel forum. With the amount of titles on the stands nowadays it easy to lose track of some characters who don't have a regular feature, especially after the New 52 reboot (and maybe after Rebirth, also), so I thought about creating this thread so that the forum posters themselves can update other posters. Give the book and issue the character was last seen,and a short summary of his last appearence, and maybe how he is different now than how he was in the Pre-Flashpoint Universe. A thread like this will be specially useful for readers such as myself, who hardly follow current books anymore, and who'd like to know what stories they might want to track down or if they are worth it.
    To get the ball rolling, let's see... Whatever happened to:

Captain Comet
    Maxima
    Hawk and Dove (before Titans Hunt)
    Virl Dox
    Vibe
    Hawkman (both after Forever Evil)

More to follow.
    And Ithank beforehand any poster that might answer.
    Post away.

Peace
    Hawk and Dove featured in the first arc of Justice League Dark, because Dove was still dating Deadman. It was there they broke up. I'm not sure, but Dove might've also made an appearance in the big whammy finale of Gail Simone's Batgirl run, when Batgirl basically called every female superhero to come help her clean up Gotham.

Vril Dox had a brief guest spot in Keith Giffen's "Threshold" space opera, then exited stage left during "Superman: Doomed" and seemed to be assimilated into Convergence's Brainiac Prime, who was essentially the pre-Flashpoint Brainiac ascended to become a cosmic Multiversal level uber-Brainiac intelligence/entity/god, and was implied to retroactively be the alpha and omega, cause and final destination, of all Prime Brainiacs. But before that and before Doomed there was a really killer Forever Evil "Brainiac" one-shot that Tony Bedard wrote that really coalesced all of the Geoff Johns Brainiac ideas from the "Brainiac/Legion/New Krypton" era, a lot of Grant Morrison's "Collector" stuff, some of the Animated Series stuff, and a fair bit of Bedard's own Brainiac legacy stuff that he explored in his underrated R.E.B.E.L.S. run from pre-Flashpoint. At this point it appears "all Brainiacs are one" cosmic intelligence thing and New 52 Vril is now a part of that terrifying intelligence. Oh, and the impetus is also that the new Cyborg-Superman, which is Zor-El, father of Supergirl, was crafted by Brainiac, too. I have to believe that the ur-Brainiac, somewhat weakened and depowered after Convergence, made appearances in Telos. I did not read Telos.

Captain Comet and Maxima were both part of the cosmic space academy that tapped Supergirl to help save the universe from some alpha-level shenanigans. Comet, since he's the leader of the Wanderers (Action Comics), and is the "other Kansas Superman" (Also Action) is apparently alpha-level enough for that school. Since we saw him fight Superman in his earlier days, and fight alongside Supergirl and Maxima, while he hasn't gotten a ton of play, he's at least a really respectable powerhouse in the DCU. Maxima got great representation there, too, but hasn't been seen since. Comet was in Telos. I did not read Telos. I suspect he was just "notable space hero guest", but I guess he teamed up with Earth-0 Captain Carrot there as well.
    Retro315 no more. Anonymity is so 2005.
    retrowarbird.blogspot.com

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Wally West View Post
    Ted Kord
    Plastic Man
    Pandora
    Captain Atom
    Plastic Man was in Forever Evil, too. New 52 Plastic Man got a really backhanded origin story there, as Eel O'Brien was one of the crooks guarding a Bertinelli warehouse in Gotham when Owlman attacked and kicked a vat of toxic chemicals on him, turning him into a pile of goop.

Pandora became like an angel or something in Forever Evil in the sprawling, bloated sidequest crossover that took place in like eight issues of Justice League Dark, Constantine, Trinity of Sin: Pandora and Trinity of Sin: Phantom Stranger. At the end it seemed like she somewhat went back to her normal self, though she could still awaken maybe the power of light/goodness/virtue/whatever. J.M. DeMatteis and Co. did workmanlike work trying to make those stories count but they were pretty meh. I don't think she's been seen since Forever Evil.

Captain Atom hasn't been seen since his own run ended, because it ended with him forsaking his powers I believe. But hey, Major Force has been appearing regularly in Conway's Firestorm chapters of Legends of Tomorrow, and Earth-4's Captain Atom has gotten good play in Pax Americana. Sort of. Briefly. Before leaving that universe.
    Retro315 no more. Anonymity is so 2005.
    retrowarbird.blogspot.com

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

Plastic Man was in Forever Evil, too. New 52 Plastic Man got a really backhanded origin story there, as Eel O'Brien was one of the crooks guarding a Bertinelli warehouse in Gotham when Owlman attacked and kicked a vat of toxic chemicals on him, turning him into a pile of goop.
    I thought that scene was a great highlight of what is so wrong with Johns event comics.

Spectacular Member

I loved Gangbuster. I haven't seen him yet.