Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Donna Troy in Titans 17

Well Donna is the friend who apparently turns against her friends in the not so distant future! Donna will become a powerful force soon! She killed Mongul! I’m pretty shocked by this. What do you wonders think?

I always knew Donna was very powerful!

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    I always knew Donna was very powerful!
    I don’t know too much about Donna but I do like the character a lot. I’m happy she is getting development. (Finally)

Yes, I too am glad to hear of development for Donna.

This new Donna seems to be very different personality-wise from the Donna of long ago that I am familiar. More powerful too. In the past, Donna was loving, nurturing, friendly. I think they are taking Donna in a new and different direction now.

This new Donna seems to be very different personality-wise from the Donna of long ago that I am familiar. More powerful too. In the past, Donna was loving, nurturing, friendly. I think they are taking Donna in a new and different direction now.
    I think Donna is still all of those things. We just don’t know because Wally was getting all the attention. She seems to care for everyone she loves

Oh, OK, good!

I want Donna to be the same one I know and love.

I have not followed anything new with DC, so I appreciate your update!

So far in Titans, main Donna still fits that description. Future Donna got a hard wake-up call that her friends aren't immortal like her. And, nearly 100 years into the future, she finally "breaks" when the last Titan dies.

You know, DC could take a step back from this whole time travel schtick they seem so obsessed with lately. In Detective Comics, we have evil Tim Batman of a future, Justice League just wrapped up its 3rd? arc involving time travel (this time with what-if kids), the Titans/Teen Titans/Deathstroke crossover royally screwed both Wally Wests with time travel, Barry and Iris just has theirs when they saw the Tornado Twins of another future...

They could have at least gone with an alternate Earth Donna, you know, to shake things up a bit?

Astonishing Member OBrianTallent's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    So far in Titans, main Donna still fits that description. Future Donna got a hard wake-up call that her friends aren't immortal like her. And, nearly 100 years into the future, she finally "breaks" when the last Titan dies.

You know, DC could take a step back from this whole time travel schtick they seem so obsessed with lately. In Detective Comics, we have evil Tim Batman of a future, Justice League just wrapped up its 3rd? arc involving time travel (this time with what-if kids), the Titans/Teen Titans/Deathstroke crossover royally screwed both Wally Wests with time travel, Barry and Iris just has theirs when they saw the Tornado Twins of another future...

They could have at least gone with an alternate Earth Donna, you know, to shake things up a bit?

Being a "future" Donna, she could very easily be from a different dimension as well as a future one. It would be nice (but I'm not holding my breath) to discover that the future Donna was actually created from clay, where our Donna is a real human and was simply rescued as a baby/child.
    It still leaves why Donna left Themyscira in the first place...but it would be better than what she is currently saddled with.

Current Donna is still a far cry from the pre New 52 one. People who are waiting for that character to come back with her old personality I think will be waiting a long, long time.

BANNED

I am not overly enthused by it tbh, because these things tend to end up with never happening... and all of this is crazy future Donna, not present day Donna who doesn't manage to get a dozen words out, its all evil Donna talking about how much better it would be to kill the Titans now rather than wait for them to die off as time goes by... except Karen whom we learn Donna actually strangles with her bare hands as a 90-something woman in a hospital bed.

I'm maintaining that Dan has skipped a chapter or three with this book, he's not built the team properly, we are just going off how everything is peachy and well founded, while Dan has moved on to phase two and started shaking everything up. First with Wally and now with Donna.

While I'm glad that Donna is getting some attention, I'm not overly-enthused with the result. The story doesn't answer any of the earlier questions about Donna's new and confusing origin. It just reinforces the new Donna status quo - she's not human, not connected to Wonder Woman in any way and is a Pinocchio. Besides the non-Wonder Woman connection, I'm concerned that Diana, who is the embodiment of truth, is the originator of the Donna lie in the first place. Regardless of Diana's motivation, I feel that goes against who she is. If Donna was created through magical means by the Amazons, how did she get her powers? She's almost as powerful as Diana and future Donna eludes that she becomes more powerful. While I'm glad to see Donna become a total bad-ass, I feel that everything I love about the character has been striped away: her sisterly connection to Diana, her connections to the Amazons and her sweet and caring nature. I'm finding it difficult to find things to connect to and ultimately care about this character. This is the same issue that I had with nu52 WW: I felt she was far removed from the core of the character. There are certain things that set WW apart from other heroes and I feel those core things are embodied by her extended family including Donna and Cassie. These core character values are what people connect to and a huge reason why WW's been around for 75 years and has become an icon. Take those things away and she's just another cape - or in this case, another hero with a sword and a shield. I hate to see Donna reduced to that.

Quote Originally Posted by donnafan View Post
    While I'm glad that Donna is getting some attention, I'm not overly-enthused with the result. The story doesn't answer any of the earlier questions about Donna's new and confusing origin. It just reinforces the new Donna status quo - she's not human, not connected to Wonder Woman in any way and is a Pinocchio. Besides the non-Wonder Woman connection, I'm concerned that Diana, who is the embodiment of truth, is the originator of the Donna lie in the first place. Regardless of Diana's motivation, I feel that goes against who she is. If Donna was created through magical means by the Amazons, how did she get her powers? She's almost as powerful as Diana and future Donna eludes that she becomes more powerful. While I'm glad to see Donna become a total bad-ass, I feel that everything I love about the character has been striped away: her sisterly connection to Diana, her connections to the Amazons and her sweet and caring nature. I'm finding it difficult to find things to connect to and ultimately care about this character. This is the same issue that I had with nu52 WW: I felt she was far removed from the core of the character. There are certain things that set WW apart from other heroes and I feel those core things are embodied by her extended family including Donna and Cassie. These core character values are what people connect to and a huge reason why WW's been around for 75 years and has become an icon. Take those things away and she's just another cape - or in this case, another hero with a sword and a shield. I hate to see Donna reduced to that.

I don’t think thats her real origin. I don’t think future Donna even know who she really is because the truth probably never came out. For the solicits in January when Diana comes in she will get the truth of who she really is and where she’s from. Hopefully she is born of clay and have DNA of Hippolyta so she and Diana can actually be related

As far as Donna Troy is concerned, DC just needs to pick a lane once and for all.

This character and her followers have suffered enough.

Quote Originally Posted by MarquisAsh View Post
    I don’t think thats her real origin. I don’t think future Donna even know who she really is because the truth probably never came out. For the solicits in January when Diana comes in she will get the truth of who she really is and where she’s from. Hopefully she is born of clay and have DNA of Hippolyta so she and Diana can actually be related
    I may be wrong - but I thought the Jan solicits said the JLA was questioning Donna's true nature - which implies that the clay origin is cannon and the question is not where she came from but, whether she is still a dangerous weapon for Wonder Woman and a possible threat to others. It would be a fantastic reveal if a better WW/Donna Troy bond/connection retool of the origin would come out of that issue. I'm not holding out hope, though. Especially after he built up the Amazon connection in Titans rebirth 1 then, dashed that in the annual. I don't think Donna's going to be "fixed" for a long, long time.

Quote Originally Posted by donnafan View Post
    I may be wrong - but I thought the Jan solicits said the JLA was questioning Donna's true nature - which implies that the clay origin is cannon and the question is not where she came from but, whether she is still a dangerous weapon for Wonder Woman and a possible threat to others. It would be a fantastic reveal if a better WW/Donna Troy bond/connection retool of the origin would come out of that issue. I'm not holding out hope, though. Especially after he built up the Amazon connection in Titans rebirth 1 then, dashed that in the annual. I don't think Donna's going to be "fixed" for a long, long time.
    I have hope. Fans doesn’t want Donna to be that way. Her future will change. Solicits are never really correct. But let’s wait and see