Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Default Bleeding Cool: DC Comics To Publish Batman/Wonder Woman Comic By Liam Sharp

Uh...okay .

Not sure how well this will go over with the fandom though.

Super excited for this. I absolutely love Liam Sharp! I just hope they keep romance far, far away from this pairing.

EDIT: Also hope they don't go the Superman/Wonder Woman route where WW played second-fiddle to Supes in terms of character arcs and overall mythos. It'll be interesting to see the power dynamics explored. Wonder Woman could easily take out any of Batman's foes, while Batman is far below the power levels of the majority of Diana's rogues gallery.

Quote Originally Posted by Nyssane View Post
    Super excited for this. I absolutely love Liam Sharp! I just hope they keep romance far, far away from this pairing.

EDIT: Also hope they don't go the Superman/Wonder Woman route where WW played second-fiddle to Supes in terms of character arcs and overall mythos. It'll be interesting to see the power dynamics explored. Wonder Woman could easily take out any of Batman's foes, while Batman is far below the power levels of the majority of Diana's rogues gallery.
    I hope this is viewed as more of a Wonder Woman spinoff book then a Batman spinoff book.

As long as they remember that Bruce is engaged to Selena, and Diana is with Steve, I will be along for the ride.
    Richard Alexander

BANNED

Because this is exactly what was needed. When Bruce already has a million books, Diana has her solo, Justice League AND Trinity (A book she's in with Bruce already on top of Justice League) this isn't a redundant waste of space in the line at all.

Hard pass.
    Last edited by Assam; 10-30-2017 at 09:11 AM.

BANNED

Excellent, as long as it doesnt turn out like Superman/Wonder Woman I think this could be great.

Extraordinary Member Vanguard-01's Avatar

As long as there's no romance, I'll consider giving it a look, although I have severe doubts that Diana will be made to look good in this book.

Batman's DC's cash cow. Everything about him has to be awesome. That includes his villains. If Diana tears through the majority of his rogue's gallery with ease (which she should totally do in any story written with a shred of objectivity) then that makes Batman look bad. Can't have that. Expect to see Diana mysteriously have trouble taking on the Joker, the Riddler, or anyone else in the Batman rogue's gallery. Heck, I'd even expect Ra's al-Ghul to give her trouble. Because "immortality and lots of life experience" TOTALLY puts you in the same weight class as a demigoddess with powers that render all your experience and training null and void!

And on the other side of the coin? Batman's been crapping all over Diana's rogues in multiple stories, under multiple writers, for years now. Dropping Circe with one spell he learned off camera? Dropping Cheetah? Seducing Cheetah into literally DYING for him?

Yeah, if there are Wonder rogues in this book, expect them to look like garbage against the Batgod. If Diana goes up against Batman's villains? Get ready for a whole new level of "Brains totally beats Brawn, even if Brawn can move faster than Brain can think or react."
    Though much is taken, much abides; and though
    We are not now that strength which in old days
    Moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are,
    One equal temper of heroic hearts,
    Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
    To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.

--Lord Alfred Tennyson--

Quote Originally Posted by Assam View Post
    Because this is exactly what was needed. When Bruce already has a million books, Diana has her solo, Justice League AND Trinity (A book she's in with Bruce already on top of Justice League) this isn't a redundant waste of space in the line at all.

Hard pass.
    If they're able to write a compelling (and non-romantic) dynamic between the two of them, I'm game .

But I also view this more as giving Wonder Woman another spotlight comic by putting her in a team-up book rather then just another Batman spinoff.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vanguard-01 View Post
    As long as there's no romance, I'll consider giving it a look, although I have severe doubts that Diana will be made to look good in this book.

Batman's DC's cash cow. Everything about him has to be awesome. That includes his villains. If Diana tears through the majority of his rogue's gallery with ease (which she should totally do in any story written with a shred of objectivity) then that makes Batman look bad. Can't have that. Expect to see Diana mysteriously have trouble taking on the Joker, the Riddler, or anyone else in the Batman rogue's gallery. Heck, I'd even expect Ra's al-Ghul to give her trouble. Because "immortality and lots of life experience" TOTALLY puts you in the same weight class as a demigoddess with powers that render all your experience and training null and void!

And on the other side of the coin? Batman's been crapping all over Diana's rogues in multiple stories, under multiple writers, for years now. Dropping Circe with one spell he learned off camera? Dropping Cheetah? Seducing Cheetah into literally DYING for him?

Yeah, if there are Wonder rogues in this book, expect them to look like garbage against the Batgod. If Diana goes up against Batman's villains? Get ready for a whole new level of "Brains totally beats Brawn, even if Brawn can move faster than Brain can think or react."
    So let's hope for good writing then .

Extremely pointless book, but sadly, I will probably still buy it anyway...lol.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by uncanny mutie View Post
    extremely pointless book, but sadly, i will probably still buy it anyway...lol.
    cha-ching!

Movie dynamic grab. So over Batman in any facet so I'll pass. The amount of my caring on this is that the fact they're both with significant others means they can't do anything from a romantic standpoint with them. At least I sure as hell hope they're not that stupid.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 10-30-2017 at 09:29 AM.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Extraordinary Member Dr. Poison's Avatar

Well, this is unexpected. I wonder if Trinity is being cancelled? It would be nice if they used this book to showcase Batman being taken out by many of Diana's rogues but sadly, we'll probably see just the opposite. Either Batman will take down heavy-weights like Cheetah, Clea, Gudnra, and Giganta or Diana will be jobbed by the likes of the Penguin, the Ventriloquist, and Crazy Quilt.
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Alan Scott: Green Lantern, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Fire & Ice: Welcome to Smallville, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Society of America, Power Girl, Superman, Shazam, Titans, Wesley Dodds: Sandman, Wonder Woman, & World's Finest: Teen Titans.

Extraordinary Member Vanguard-01's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    So let's hope for good writing then .
    There is no way to write stories in which Diana is more than mildly inconvenienced by the Joker, the Riddler, or Scarecrow "well." Crap is crap. PIS/PIW is PIS/PIW.
    Though much is taken, much abides; and though
    We are not now that strength which in old days
    Moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are,
    One equal temper of heroic hearts,
    Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
    To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.

--Lord Alfred Tennyson--

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I hope this is viewed as more of a Wonder Woman spinoff book then a Batman spinoff book.
    That'd be pretty genius, really. Wonder Woman is in right now, and Batman will always sell stuff. I don't know why people are being so negative about it... sure, the precedent isn't set very high, but this is a chance for us to get some really good Wonder Woman-related stories.