Page 28 of 63 FirstFirst ... 1824252627282930313238 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by RealWonderman View Post
    Have you seen the Ultimate Cut of BvS? There's no more Wonder Woman, but I felt like the story was REALLY fleshed out and made more sense with the extra 30 min. Just curious if the 5.5 was for the TC or UC. Because after seeing the UC I'd give the TC a 5.5 also, with a 9 for the UC.
    A 9? I agree that the Ultimate cut in the Blueray/dvd version is better than the theatrical version, but I wouldn't give it that much of a jump up. Maybe + 1-2 points.

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Description of Justice League Footage Shown At CinemaCon: http://comicbook.com/dc/2017/03/30/j...inemacon-2017/

Extraordinary Member Vanguard-01's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    Description of Justice League Footage Shown At CinemaCon: http://comicbook.com/dc/2017/03/30/j...inemacon-2017/
    Very cool!

I love that part about Diana being able to practically waltz right through Batman's security!
    Though much is taken, much abides; and though
    We are not now that strength which in old days
    Moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are,
    One equal temper of heroic hearts,
    Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
    To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.

--Lord Alfred Tennyson--

Quote Originally Posted by Vanguard-01 View Post
    I love that part about Diana being able to practically waltz right through Batman's security!
    By leg sweeping them, I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    By leg sweeping them, I guess.
    I don't know how you leg sweep security cameras and motion sensors, but hey! Diana's had millennia to practice!

--Lord Alfred Tennyson--

I don't know how you leg sweep security cameras and motion sensors, but hey! Diana's had millennia to practice!
    Yeah, she can do it.

I'm not quite fond of the part where Diana cannot reach her sword and needs the help from the Flash to get it. She's already up to two times in which she can't do things by herself: Needs being rescued by Batman from a parademon and needs help from Barry to catch her sword.

Is is a sign of depowerment? Or lack of context to have a better reading at those scenes?

Quote Originally Posted by enish View Post
    I'm not quite fond of the part where Diana cannot reach her sword and needs the help from the Flash to get it. She's already up to two times in which she can't do things by herself: Needs being rescued by Batman from a parademon and needs help from Barry to catch her sword.

Is is a sign of depowerment? Or lack of context to have a better reading at those scenes?
    It sounds like she can't reach the sword because she, and it, are both in free fall at the time, with the sword falling just slightly out of her grasp.

And as far as needing to be rescued by Batman? I doubt that too. From what we see in the trailer, it looks like she was merely knocked down for a few seconds. She wasn't unconscious or pinned down. No part of that scene suggests that she was in immediate mortal peril. She got knocked down briefly and Batman gunned down her attacker before anything else could happen.

--Lord Alfred Tennyson--

Still only crumbs...... BiteTheBullet's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RealWonderman View Post
    Have you seen the Ultimate Cut of BvS? There's no more Wonder Woman, but I felt like the story was REALLY fleshed out and made more sense with the extra 30 min. Just curious if the 5.5 was for the TC or UC. Because after seeing the UC I'd give the TC a 5.5 also, with a 9 for the UC.
    The theatrical cut of BvS was a 5.5 for me. The ultimate cut brought it up a point, so I would give it a 6.5.

If I remember right, you gave the theatrical cut as having been one of your best movies that you ever saw and you kept repeating how many times you have seen it in the theatre. And now you are saying you would give the TC also a 5.5? Doesn't seem logical to have seen it the numerous times that you did and give it that score.

Things I still disliked after seeing the UC. Batman kills. Batman can take a gun shot from point blank range and not get damaged by it. It's almost as if he has an entire suit made of amazon bracers. Why even bother dodging? Lois Lane and her damsel in distress at the end. Henry Cavill having just a little more dialogue than Diana, which isn't saying much. Wonder Woman still cannot apparently fly. The action scenes being murky/too dark at the end with the fight against Doomsday. This Doomsday not really being the one that we first saw in the comics that killed Superman (I wished they used that template more than the one in the film). As it is, it seemed like Doomsday borrowed alot from the Abomination in the Hulk movie as well as a penchant to grow bigger the madder he gets, ala Hulk. Remind me if Doomsday was ever that big in the comics as he was in the movie. Lex Luthor!!!! Horrible!!!! That is just a few things that could not get my approval above the 6.5. I am hoping it won't be darklit for most of the action scenes in Justice League, but I don't think that wish will happen.

It sounds like she can't reach the sword because she, and it, are both in free fall at the time, with the sword falling just slightly out of her grasp.

And as far as needing to be rescued by Batman? I doubt that too. From what we see in the trailer, it looks like she was merely knocked down for a few seconds. She wasn't unconscious or pinned down. No part of that scene suggests that she was in immediate mortal peril. She got knocked down briefly and Batman gunned down her attacker before anything else could happen.
    So if she is free-falling then she can't fly and so I will not be happy about it if it turns to be true. Then I would also rejoin the others who think that she will be depowered in the cinematic universe. For now, I have my feet on both sides, I will only take what the footage shows us as temporary proof.

Quote Originally Posted by BiteTheBullet View Post
    The theatrical cut of BvS was a 5.5 for me. The ultimate cut brought it up a point, so I would give it a 6.5.

If I remember right, you gave the theatrical cut as having been one of your best movies that you ever saw and you kept repeating how many times you have seen it in the theatre. And now you are saying you would give the TC also a 5.5? Doesn't seem logical to have seen it the numerous times that you did and give it that score.

Things I still disliked after seeing the UC. Batman kills. Batman can take a gun shot from point blank range and not get damaged by it. It's almost as if he has an entire suit made of amazon bracers. Why even bother dodging? Lois Lane and her damsel in distress at the end. Henry Cavill having just a little more dialogue than Diana, which isn't saying much. Wonder Woman still cannot apparently fly. The action scenes being murky/too dark at the end with the fight against Doomsday. This Doomsday not really being the one that we first saw in the comics that killed Superman (I wished they used that template more than the one in the film). As it is, it seemed like Doomsday borrowed alot from the Abomination in the Hulk movie as well as a penchant to grow bigger the madder he gets, ala Hulk. Remind me if Doomsday was ever that big in the comics as he was in the movie. Lex Luthor!!!! Horrible!!!! That is just a few things that could not get my approval above the 6.5. I am hoping it won't be darklit for most of the action scenes in Justice League, but I don't think that wish will happen.
    Well, this Lex keeps talking about his father... who is apparently the original Lex Luthor. IIRC Lex Jr's most interesting plot in the comics was when he decided to seduce Supergirl(The matrix one not the Kryptonian).

Comic Doomsday was a lot bigger than Supes when he first showed up.

So if she is free-falling then she can't fly and so I will not be happy about it if it turns to be true. Then I would also rejoin the others who think that she will be depowered in the cinematic universe. For now, I have my feet on both sides, I will only take what the footage shows us as temporary proof.
    She may be falling because she was dazed by an impact or something. Maybe she was in a controlled fall because she was basically chasing her sword. Who knows?

--Lord Alfred Tennyson--

Are they planning on releasing the new footage to the public? Anyone has information on that?

Are they planning on releasing the new footage to the public? Anyone has information on that?
    CinemaCon is closed to the public. No cameras or recording devices were even permitted in the presentation rooms.

One reviewer I saw said that it was very likely WB would release this footage at Comic-Con this summer. Especially since they were so well-received.

--Lord Alfred Tennyson--

I thought it was 99% certain that Diana can't fly in the movies. We haven't see anything pointing in another direction.

I even recall from the JL set report the description of a scene where she, Flash and Batman spoilers:
    go on the top of the Nightcrawler (one of Batman's vehicles) because the place where they are and the vehicle are ending up flooded with water (until Aquaman arrives and saves their asses ).
    end of spoilers
    Last edited by Last Son of Krypton; 03-30-2017 at 05:53 AM.