Page 30 of 63 FirstFirst ... 2026272829303132333440 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by enish View Post
    ... Now, my current stance depends on the actual contexte, because I don't have it, I cannot be that categorical, I only have the description of the footage and I all have is "Diana falls from somewhere, drops her sword, is not fast enough to catch it". In that, it is not a very impressive and positive showing for her, it is only a good showing for the Flash.

Where is the "Wonder" is "Wonder Woman" if she doesn't have abilities that makes her a Wonder among the metahuman? If she ends up being rescued or helped by other metahumans because what she has isn't enough?
    I'm share your concern, Enis. Thus far, the JL footage for WW is not very impressive.

Quote Originally Posted by richalex View Post
    People complaining. Please remember, none of this is really any different than what we see in Justice League or other comics. As long as no body showboats anybody else, or shows them up, this is what we want. The Diana and Barry scene with the sword is called teamwork, nothing new here. Please stop complaining.
    Yes, people dare to complain. Go figure. Now, I'm all for "teamwork." When done well. But, there's nothing impressive about "oh, look, the girl is falling and can't grab her sword." Maybe the rest of the movie will be wonderful; but, thus far, it's not off to the best start for WW. She's just kind of there.
    Last edited by Awonder; 03-30-2017 at 11:30 AM.

Yes, people dare to complain. Go figure. Now, I'm all for "teamwork." When done well. But, there's nothing impressive about "oh, look, the girl is falling and can't grab her sword." Maybe the rest of the movie will be wonderful; but, thus far, it's not off to the best start for WW. She's just kind of there.
    As I've said before, there is no problem with complaints, but complain about the finished product, and not a snippet of a total movie in which you DON'T know the story, the circumstances of the scene, etc. Its getting old that people are complainig about something we have NO idea about yet.

I can understand people complaining about Costumes, even the actors, but complaining about what we've seen or moreso what we haven't seen? It makes no sense.

Hey i get it, everyone wants Diana to be great in her second and third outing. We got more questions than answers the first time we see her in BvS. We want her to be the Diana we all love, but there is nothing to say that we won't get that. We don't know what her powers truly are yet, we will this summer. We don't know how she truly acts within a team setting, we will this Fall. Remember, we are talking about the ONE character, even in her limited time on screen, that they appeared to get mostly correct. The one shinning beacon that everyone agreed was the best thing in the movie.

I think everyone needs to breathe a little.
    Richard Alexander

Astonishing Member

As I've said before, there is no problem with complaints, but complain about the finished product, and not a snippet of a total movie in which you DON'T know the story, the circumstances of the scene, etc. Its getting old that people are complainig about something we have NO idea about yet.

I can understand people complaining about Costumes, even the actors, but complaining about what we've seen or moreso what we haven't seen? It makes no sense.

Hey i get it, everyone wants Diana to be great in her second and third outing. We got more questions than answers the first time we see her in BvS. We want her to be the Diana we all love, but there is nothing to say that we won't get that. We don't know what her powers truly are yet, we will this summer. We don't know how she truly acts within a team setting, we will this Fall. Remember, we are talking about the ONE character, even in her limited time on screen, that they appeared to get mostly correct. The one shinning beacon that everyone agreed was the best thing in the movie.

I think everyone needs to breathe a little.
    Why does this not apply to every positive reaction as well? Positive reaction is also reacting to a "snippet" out of "context" of an "unfinished" product. None of us have seen the movie, we get that, but not all of us are going to only speak positively just because you don't want to hear the criticism. And, imo, it's just not a great trailer for WW, which, given that her own movie is next, is a big missed opportunity to cross-market.

Quote Originally Posted by BiteTheBullet View Post
    We haven't seen her fly at all in any of the trailers nor in the BvS movie.

Until the movies prove us wrong, she simply does not fly, certainly not at superspeed.
    Disagree on both counts. Especially regarding speed. At the very very least. we see her move at superspeed after she is thrown against the pillar in BvS. She also blocks bullets with her bracelets, and that requires super speed. Many times we have seen her flying/gliding whatever you want to call it.
    It's not about 'deserve' it's about what you believe. And I believe in Love.

Extraordinary Member Vanguard-01's Avatar

Diana will be slower than Flash. Diana will ALWAYS be slower than Flash. Being the fastest hero in the DCU is Flash's entire gimmick.

If you're upset that Flash is going to demonstrate that he is faster than Diana, then I'm sorry, but you really should consider not going to see the movies. Flash is going to demonstrate his superior speed over EVERYONE on a fairly routine basis. He will very likely prove to be faster than Superman at some point in time.
    Though much is taken, much abides; and though
    We are not now that strength which in old days
    Moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are,
    One equal temper of heroic hearts,
    Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
    To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.

--Lord Alfred Tennyson--

Quote Originally Posted by Awonder View Post
    Why does this not apply to every positive reaction as well? Positive reaction is also reacting to a "snippet" out of "context" of an "unfinished" product. None of us have seen the movie, we get that, but not all of us are going to only speak positively just because you don't want to hear the criticism. And, imo, it's just not a great trailer for WW, which, given that her own movie is next, is a big missed opportunity to cross-market.
    Actually it should apply to positive reactions as well, because nothing is perfect. If people can give their pros and cons of why they don't or do like whats been shown, that makes it different. But when the same people are complaining about the same "issues" over and over...

What about the trailer DO you like? Constructive Criticism and all that. Not all doom and gloom calling that its going to be a failure, or horrible, because of a snippet of a movie.
    Richard Alexander

Quote Originally Posted by Vanguard-01 View Post
    Diana will be slower than Flash. Diana will ALWAYS be slower than Flash. Being the fastest hero in the DCU is Flash's entire gimmick.

If you're upset that Flash is going to demonstrate that he is faster than Diana, then I'm sorry, but you really should consider not going to see the movies. Flash is going to demonstrate his superior speed over EVERYONE on a fairly routine basis. He will very likely prove to be faster than Superman at some point in time.
    That I most certainly agree with, speed is his thing. As long as they don't make it like Superman is as fast as he is then if they do so, then Diana should be just as fast!

Now, Superman is called Superman for a reason and Wonder Woman is also called like that for a reason, and the reason is that, aside from her values and personality, she has these super human abilities. Bt if all of her abilities are almost nullified by another hero (other than Superman) who comes to best her in many areas, then where is the Wonder in Wonder Woman?

She was precisely concieved by her creator to be the exact match to Superman in terms of raw power but with the difference that she is a Woman and that she would eventually do things another way to achieve the same ends. She was never concieved to be second to the most powerful male character, and this is something I wanna see translated onscreen, otherwise it would be a huge betrayal of an important aspect of the character. Now, she's been flying since the 80's and even if she lost that ability temporarily, she eventually got it back. I've always seen her fly in the JL animated series. She just didn't fly in her solo animated movie.

Now, I grew up watching the TV series with Lynda Carter because I was born in the Philippines and that show was still popular even in the 90's when I was around the age of 5, there also was this Wonder Woman-like character called Darna that is very much a Filipina version of WW. And yeah, Lynda's WW could not fly, her super-strength had its limits and she was fast but not that fast yet she was the only real super-powered hero in her show, she was the strongest and the fastest. And the show had limited budget so they could not do as they wished. So I grew up with the idea that WW was not THAT strong nor THAT fast UNTIL I picked up my very first comic where I saw her fly and demonstrate a feat of strength I never thought she was capable of! She was lifting a whole celestial mothership after beating angels that were inside! I was amazed. And from then on, I grew up with another vision of WW's abilities, she could fly, she was really, really strong, and also really fast. She was Superman strong, superman fast but she was also way more different than him, she was something else entirely, something I found more appealing.

So until the age of 5, Wonder Woman was a mere super human, but after discovering her in the comics, she was that uber-powerful warrior woman who could fly and who was super fast among other things and that sense of wonder, I wanna find it in her solo movie. I want her to be just enough so that it is believable that people would call upon her instead of Superman. Or at least I want her to be an alternative to Superman, just as efficient. No Superman around? It's okay, WW is here!

But if you take away bits of her power, then she is depowered. I want her to be able to catch a falling plane, but for that she needs to fly and be super-strong too! All the while being this compassionate, loving and forgiving warrior too. She CAN have it all, let her have it all!
    Last edited by enish; 03-30-2017 at 03:13 PM.

And another thing regarding the scene with Diana and Barry and her sword.

Because we do not know what is going on completely in that scene. There is nothing to say that Diana couldn't have figure out how to get her sword or been fast enough. However, Barry saw his team mate reaching for it and he decided to assist. I really don't know what the problem with that is.

I think its obvious that Diana is not going to have traditional flight. I think that sucks, but it does look like she's gliding, and has some hang time and control where she lands. Maybe Hermes will help her out in her Sequel.
    Richard Alexander

Astonishing Member

Actually it should apply to positive reactions as well, because nothing is perfect. If people can give their pros and cons of why they don't or do like whats been shown, that makes it different. But when the same people are complaining about the same "issues" over and over...

What about the trailer DO you like? Constructive Criticism and all that. Not all doom and gloom calling that its going to be a failure, or horrible, because of a snippet of a movie.
    And the same people are sharing the same positive opinions over and over? How could they? Where's your/their CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM? It's not like any of us are involved in making the movie, so, I'm too lazy to give you all my best constructive insights for free.

I don't think it's as doomy as you are complaining about.

Because we do not know what is going on completely in that scene. There is nothing to say that Diana couldn't have figure out how to get her sword or been fast enough. However, Barry saw his team mate reaching for it and he decided to assist. I really don't know what the problem with that is.

I think its obvious that Diana is not going to have traditional flight. I think that sucks, but it does look like she's gliding, and has some hang time and control where she lands. Maybe Hermes will help her out in her Sequel.
    No one pays to see a movie about a hero that could do something themselves but didn't.
    Last edited by Awonder; 03-30-2017 at 03:15 PM.

How could he if he is dead? LoL

How could he if he is dead? LoL
    Gods die all the time, and somehow get better.
    Richard Alexander

Quote Originally Posted by Awonder View Post
    And the same people are sharing the same positive opinions over and over? How could they? Where's your/their CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM? It's not like any of us are involved in making the movie, so, I'm too lazy to give you all my best constructive insights for free.

I don't think it's as doomy as you are complaining about.

No one pays to see a movie about a hero that could do something themselves but didn't.
    Mine?

Well Things I liked,

Flash's obvious excitement with joining up with the team.

Nothing that Bruce can come up with protection wise, will keep Diana out. That says a lot about her skill set and if this leads into like the Justice League Story where Bruce tells Clark that there is pretty much no weakness for him to exploit i'll be cool with that.

Arthur looks like a ton of fun and powerful, and so does Diana actually from the little we see. Diana does NOT look like Black Widow redux.

Bruce still dark, but not letting the darkness consume him maybe even enjoying himself a little bit.

Glad to see a Brutha up there with the others, and shown to be as strong and capable as everyone else.

That they are learning to be a team, and seem to gel well with each other. It doesn't appear to just be the Batman feat. The Justice League

Things I didn't like?

I'm anxious as hell about Diana power wise. I agree, sometimes, they start to limit a character's power to show someone else as better, and they limit her first because of reasons. However I believe with the showing that we saw with Doomsday, she is always going to be a force to reacon with. She is clearly Super Strong, Super Fast, the Greatest of Warriors. If she can't outright fly like Clark, its going to be something that I have to get used to, but i've seen her not fly before.

I hate HATE HATE HATE how Cyborg looks. HATE IT! OMG I HATE HATE HATE It. lol

I wish Barry acted, from what we see, a little more like Barry and less like Wally. I also wish it was an older actor playing him.

I pray to God this doesn't turn into the Batman feat. The Justice League show, because DC is too stupid and scared to try to give their other characters the spotlight. However I understand that he is going to be the draw for everyone else to go see this.
    Richard Alexander

At least you do recognize that she may be more than just jumping around ^^

Look, the trailer is dope, as I've said, all the other JL members are dope! They are badass, I enjoyed the trailer, I enjoyed their footage. I like that Diana has an important role in bringing the League together. But as far as showing goes? Hers are kinda "meh" in comparison to the others. It feels like they had to downplay her showings so that the others may shine, and I think that is not okay.

Now I know that the solo WW movie is coming out pretty soon, so it may be a reason why they chose to edit the trailer that way, but still, I hope it is not an actual indication of how she is treated in relation to the other league members. Because if she has to be depowered for the others to shine and then we find out later that Superman will still shine while WW still does not, then I will bekind of upset. Now I know all of this is just pure speculation based on the little footage we have and I hope I will be proved wrong.
    Last edited by enish; 03-30-2017 at 03:30 PM.

Astonishing Member

Mine?

Well Things I liked,

Flash's obvious excitement with joining up with the team.

Nothing that Bruce can come up with protection wise, will keep Diana out. That says a lot about her skill set and if this leads into like the Justice League Story where Bruce tells Clark that there is pretty much no weakness for him to exploit i'll be cool with that.

Arthur looks like a ton of fun and powerful, and so does Diana actually from the little we see. Diana does NOT look like Black Widow redux.

Bruce still dark, but not letting the darkness consume him maybe even enjoying himself a little bit.

Glad to see a Brutha up there with the others, and shown to be as strong and capable as everyone else.

That they are learning to be a team, and seem to gel well with each other. It doesn't appear to just be the Batman feat. The Justice League

Things I didn't like?

I'm anxious as hell about Diana power wise. I agree, sometimes, they start to limit a character's power to show someone else as better, and they limit her first because of reasons. However I believe with the showing that we saw with Doomsday, she is always going to be a force to reacon with. She is clearly Super Strong, Super Fast, the Greatest of Warriors. If she can't outright fly like Clark, its going to be something that I have to get used to, but i've seen her not fly before.

I hate HATE HATE HATE how Cyborg looks. HATE IT! OMG I HATE HATE HATE It. lol

I wish Barry acted, from what we see, a little more like Barry and less like Wally. I also wish it was an older actor playing him.

I pray to God this doesn't turn into the Batman feat. The Justice League show, because DC is too stupid and scared to try to give their other characters the spotlight. However I understand that he is going to be the draw for everyone else to go see this.
    See, our opinions aren't that different. You just have more faith in Snyder and DC/WB.

Astonishing Member

Now I know that the solo WW movie is coming out pretty soon, so it may be a reason why they chose to edit the trailer that way, but still, I hope it is not an actual indication of how she is treated in relation to the other league members...
    I still say that it's because the WW is coming out soon they should have made it the utmost priority that WW stand out in this trailer and the early footage. They have plenty of time after the WW movie and the build up to JL to show off the others.