Page 31 of 63 FirstFirst ... 2127282930313233343541 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Awonder View Post
    I still say that it's because the WW is coming out soon they should have made it the utmost priority that WW stand out in this trailer and the early footage. They have plenty of time after the WW movie and the build up to JL to show off the others.
    I wasn't disappointed with what I saw, but I agree with this 100%.
    It's not about 'deserve' it's about what you believe. And I believe in Love.

by CAMW1N

I wonder how fast she'll be shown to be. Media depictions of her have almost never made her run and fly super fast.

Extraordinary Member Vanguard-01's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post

by CAMW1N
    Love it! Has a real vintage 80s movie kind of feel to it!

Quote Originally Posted by Troian View Post
    I wonder how fast she'll be shown to be. Media depictions of her have almost never made her run and fly super fast.
    Her speed has almost always been one of her most nebulous powers, so they could go almost any way.

Clearly, she's fast enough to deflect multiple bullets from multiple angles. In the Justice League trailer, she hits those Parademons in midair so fast, it was hard for me to realize it was her the first time I watched it. Granted, that could've just been the way the trailer was edited, but I still got the impression that she hit them awfully fast.

So yeah. Hard to say exactly. Her movie may give us a clue. Several of the people who have seen that battlefield scene claim that they saw evidence of her speed there.
    Though much is taken, much abides; and though
    We are not now that strength which in old days
    Moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are,
    One equal temper of heroic hearts,
    Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
    To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.

--Lord Alfred Tennyson--

Well, in some comics she's been shown to be almost as fast as Superman so, yeah....

Still only crumbs...... BiteTheBullet's Avatar

It doesn't look like we will have to debate her flying superfast as this is one of the powers that she doesn't have anymore in the DCEU.

She does fast leg sweeps, but doesn't blitzkrieg opponents like Faora did as far as we know. I think they won't make her Superman fast, but probably fast enough when it matters, just not consistently fast.

Quote Originally Posted by BiteTheBullet View Post
    It doesn't look like we will have to debate her flying superfast as this is one of the powers that she doesn't have anymore in the DCEU.

She does fast leg sweeps, but doesn't blitzkrieg opponents like Faora did as far as we know. I think they won't make her Superman fast, but probably fast enough when it matters, just not consistently fast.
    Yep. Because she sure didn't hit those two Parademons like a lightning bolt or anything.

And yet again? Faora was a psychopath with no restraint who was TRYING to cause as much carnage as possible with that vaunted blitz attack.

--Lord Alfred Tennyson--

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by richalex View Post

I pray to God this doesn't turn into the Batman feat. The Justice League show, because DC is too stupid and scared to try to give their other characters the spotlight. However I understand that he is going to be the draw for everyone else to go see this.
    Going by the trailer, this certainly looks like the Batman show Featuring his Amazing Friends. That is a reality that WB will not change: Batman is WB's cash cow, just like over at Marvel, every ficking movie (even the new Spider-Man) shoehorns in Iron Man---I fully expect Tony to be involved in Carol Danvers' solo movie. Ugh.

Quote Originally Posted by DCMARVELgeek View Post
    Going by the trailer, this certainly looks like the Batman show Featuring his Amazing Friends. That is a reality that WB will not change: Batman is WB's cash cow, just like over at Marvel, every ficking movie (even the new Spider-Man) shoehorns in Iron Man---I fully expect Tony to be involved in Carol Danvers' solo movie. Ugh.
    Batman may be important to assembling the League, but it's looking more and more like Superman will end up being the most important character. It's his return to life that will truly form the League, and odds are Superman will be important to actually defeating Steppenwolf.

Batman may assemble the League, but I'm betting his efforts ultimately amount to naught and Superman's intervention is what really saves the day.

--Lord Alfred Tennyson--

Quote Originally Posted by Vanguard-01 View Post
    Yep. Because she sure didn't hit those two Parademons like a lightning bolt or anything.

And yet again? Faora was a psychopath with no restraint who was TRYING to cause as much carnage as possible with that vaunted blitz attack.
    If we are to believe what some people have said of the justice league movie, apparently she doesn't have the where with all to catch her sword.

And if I see Wonder Woman doing anything close to what Faora did, then I will certainly take back my remarks. I just don't think that will happen. She does ride a horse, you know, to battle. Kind of a telling moment to me about her so called superspeed.

If we are to believe what some people have said of the justice league movie, apparently she doesn't have the where with all to catch her sword.
    In ONE scene, the substance of which we know nothing.

And if I see Wonder Woman doing anything close to what Faora did, then I will certainly take back my remarks. I just don't think that will happen. She does ride a horse, you know, to battle. Kind of a telling moment to me about her so called superspeed.
    And just because she has superspeed, she MUST use it in every battle? I'll wait to see the actual CONTEXT of that scene before I'll start throwing "depowering" accusations around.

Also? Her powers are supposed to develop in the movie, so there's that.

--Lord Alfred Tennyson--

In ONE scene, the substance of which we know nothing.

And just because she has superspeed, she MUST use it in every battle? I'll wait to see the actual CONTEXT of that scene before I'll start throwing "depowering" accusations around.

Also? Her powers are supposed to develop in the movie, so there's that.
    Your also convinced she will be flying, right?

Your also convinced she will be flying, right?
    Did I say anything about being convinced that she will be flying? No. In fact, I just recently stated that it isn't clear whether she flies or not.

--Lord Alfred Tennyson--

Didn't we see Faora flying around in airships after already knowing that she would gain powers on Earth, i.e. Zod. And she was shown moving far faster than said airships when she was on the ground... hmmm....

Goodness, so what Diana is riding a Horse. She rides Horses since day one, regardless of being faster than them. She might can move in a sprint at Superspeed, but doesn't run at Superspeed. Or who even knows.

However, we do know that in the big No Man's Land screen in her movie, before CGI is added, she is running on a treadmill and blocking bullets in the scene. Probably meaning she is running at Super speed to deflect the bullets after CGI.

Can we drop this repetitiveness already. Gosh.
    Richard Alexander

Batman may be important to assembling the League, but it's looking more and more like Superman will end up being the most important character. It's his return to life that will truly form the League, and odds are Superman will be important to actually defeating Steppenwolf.

Batman may assemble the League, but I'm betting his efforts ultimately amount to naught and Superman's intervention is what really saves the day.
    Yeah, Batsy isn't a very good team leader. He's the stereotypical lone wolf who only works with others if he has to.