Page 36 of 63 FirstFirst ... 2632333435363738394046 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member Vanguard-01's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gaelforce View Post
    Man, but I *hate* how dull the colors are in this picture. Flash looks like a muddy red, and Diana's costume looks more brown and black than bright red and blue.
    Agreed on Flash.

Diana, however? Her costume looked about that dark in BvS too. By now, the armor has been in use for about 100 years from her own movie. It's possible that it's meant to show that the armor has either been darkened from continuous use or that Diana has neglected its maintenance since she went into at least semi-retirement.

That's just my personal fan-theory anyway. It could also just be Snyder and his irritating love affair with filters, of course.
    Though much is taken, much abides; and though
    We are not now that strength which in old days
    Moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are,
    One equal temper of heroic hearts,
    Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
    To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.

--Lord Alfred Tennyson--

"Word of mouth is a wondrous thing.

Look no further than Warner Bros. and DC's Wonder Woman. The summer blockbuster boasts the best hold of any superhero film in more than 15 years at the North American box office, where even the most successful summer tentpoles can catch a case of sunstroke and retreat to the shade rather quickly amid so much competition. Wonder Woman is the unusual exception.

Directed by Patty Jenkins and starring Gal Gadot, Wonder Woman is still going strong as it heads into its seventh week. The movie, grossing $371.3 million through Tuesday, is now assured of topping out at $390 million or more domestically, becoming the No. 8 comic book adaptation of all time, not accounting for inflation. And it will soon pass up Disney and Marvel's Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 ($385.8 million) in North America to become the top summer earner.

That also means Wonder Woman will earn roughly 3.8 times the $103.3 million it collected when it launched over the June 2-4 weekend — the best multiple for the genre in decades. Currently, the film's multiple is 3.6, slightly ahead of the first Spider-Man in 2002. The first Guardians of the Galaxy (2014) was also a word-of-mouth sensation, sporting a 3.5 multiple, while Nolan's sequel, The Dark Knight (2008), powered to a 3.4 multiple.

Generally speaking, a multiple in the vicinity of 2.5 to 3 is considered a win for a superhero film, particularly if the opening is especially mighty, i.e., north of $120 million."

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/hea...movies-1020621
    Author of the Instant New York Times bestselling novel, The Prophets, from G.P. Putnman's Sons.

Incredible Member

Man, but I *hate* how dull the colors are in this picture. Flash looks like a muddy red, and Diana's costume looks more brown and black than bright red and blue.
    I know how it may sound but I really think that it is a dumb decision to have batman lead the justice league.
    The lack of color in the trailers and pictures is just not what most of the league are who bright, colorful and heroes who stand in the sun while batman hides in the shadows.
    The fact that most of the trailers show scenes in the night just shows the direction the film is going in and with the recent success of wonder woman who shows that these heroes should be portrayed as bright and optimistic so it will hopefully change the direction of dc in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by ssupes View Post
    I know how it may sound but I really think that it is a dumb decision to have batman lead the justice league.
    The lack of color in the trailers and pictures is just not what most of the league are who bright, colorful and heroes who stand in the sun while batman hides in the shadows.
    The fact that most of the trailers show scenes in the night just shows the direction the film is going in and with the recent success of wonder woman who shows that these heroes should be portrayed as bright and optimistic so it will hopefully change the direction of dc in the future.
    Obviously, they don't have time to remake the JL film to reflect the success of Wonder Woman. This movie was mostly made by the time Wonder Woman hit the theaters.

The good news, however, is that they can still use this to their advantage. This movie looks like a Batman movie because he's currently in charge. But? Superman will return in this movie and it seems like the League won't be able to succeed without him.

Batman's leadership of the League is effectively doomed to fail, only to be saved by the return of Superman. Batman isn't the true leader of the League. He's a steward, keeping the throne warm for the king.

When Superman returns at the end of this movie, that's a perfect launching point for a more positive DCEU. His return, and the victory it brings, marks the beginning of a whole new era.

--Lord Alfred Tennyson--

I think its just the angle.
    Richard Alexander

Quote Originally Posted by richalex View Post
    I think its just the angle.
    I was thinking the same!!!
    It's not about 'deserve' it's about what you believe. And I believe in Love.

Quote Originally Posted by RealWonderman View Post
    I was thinking the same!!!
    Could be!

But has anyone seen any sunshine in any JL trailers?

Could be!

So far? Not a lot. Looks like most of the movie takes place at night just like BvS.

Could be an artistic choice. Like I said earlier, the movie's whole structure may be reflecting Batman's leadership of the League. He works at night? They work at night. He wears darker shades? They wear darker shades.

This may all change once Superman comes back and ushers in this brighter, more optimistic, era.

--Lord Alfred Tennyson--

Could be!

Just the one scene we saw with Diana taking out those Security Guards lol.
    Richard Alexander

Ultimate Member

It's Zack Snyder. He don't do "sunshine."

Quote Originally Posted by richalex View Post
    Just the one scene we saw with Diana taking out those Security Guards lol.
    And taking out the parademons. And her costume is definitely still the good old red blue and gold!
    It's not about 'deserve' it's about what you believe. And I believe in Love.

And taking out the parademons. And her costume is definitely still the good old red blue and gold!
    Sidenote: The Parademons look blasé to me. Besides being fodder for battle, they remind me a little too much of the Chituari from Avengers crossed with a dragonfly.

Quote Originally Posted by WonderScott View Post
    Sidenote: The Parademons look blasé to me. Besides being fodder for battle, they remind me a little too much of the Chituari from Avengers crossed with a dragonfly.
    Parademons exist to be cannon fodder.

Still only crumbs...... BiteTheBullet's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WonderScott View Post
    What it's going to come down to is each superhero shows how badass they are by taking multiple parademons down. Batman will be able to do the same thing. Then the boss monster, Steppenwolf, will come in and the league will have to battle him as a group.

At least, this is how I see it shaping up with Superman somehow delivering the winning shot.

No, not what scenes did they show, but what scenes had sunlight in them.
    Richard Alexander