Page 4 of 63 FirstFirst 123456781454 ... LastLast
    Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by willienotwilliam View Post
    the idea that they are all the same strength level is great because ive always wish they found a way to show diana's strength in a way that didnt diminish the other amazons and it just makes her mythos makes more sense in a lot of ways but i hope she grew up with other girls her age on themyscira as well. also it helps us understand what diana stands for more if she stands out because of her mission(which is to fight for humanity) and not just something she had to do or a by product of her not wanting to live there anymore.
    Not only that, if all the amazons are as powerful or even mystical, then there will be no need for amazons to have developed technology because they could rely on their physical prowess and mystical abilities to defend their island for much more highly advanced technological races like Darkseid, evil Red Lanterns, etc. I have always suggested that if they do indeed want to make amazons not all as powerful as WW, they ought to be technologically advanced as there's no way bows and arrows will suffice for the defense of their island. A good balance is to make Themysicra super advanced, the average amazon maybe half the strength of WW, and the old city of Themyscira lies preserved in the middle of the new city (like Old Montreal..lol). If not, I like the idea of amazons all cultivating themselves to higher level of physical strength, mystical abilities, etc..

TT

Ultimate Member

I feel like there's this tendency sometimes in fandom to reduce characters down to their powers/abilities, or at least a lot of their character. It's why I take issue with the notion that, if Diana flies on her own, then she's somehow just "aping Superman." Because if you're saying that, and ignoring them many differences that they have, then LOTS of characters at both DC and Marvel are just "aping Superman" because they can fly.

Here, if you say that "WW is less special, if she's not so much more powerful than the other Amazons," then you're making it primarily about her physical strength and powers. As opposed to say, her fundamental character traits. Her philosophy on the world, her ideology, having a natural curiosity about the outside world that many other Amazons don't share, a desire to go out and do good, etc.

THOSE things are what truly set her apart from the others imo.

Incredible Member FIFTY-TWO (52)'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher007 View Post
    I feel like there's this tendency sometimes in fandom to reduce characters down to their powers/abilities, or at least a lot of their character. It's why I take issue with the notion that, if Diana flies on her own, then she's somehow just "aping Superman." Because if you're saying that, and ignoring them many differences that they have, then LOTS of characters at both DC and Marvel are just "aping Superman" because they can fly.

Here, if you say that "WW is less special, if she's not so much more powerful than the other Amazons," then you're making it primarily about her physical strength and powers. As opposed to say, her fundamental character traits. Her philosophy on the world, her ideology, having a natural curiosity about the outside world that many other Amazons don't share, a desire to go out and do good, etc.

THOSE things are what truly set her apart from the others imo.
    Exactly. Greg Rucka noted a character trait of Diana's that he wanted to use in Wonder Woman: Earth One, when he thought he'd be writing the book. I'm almost certain he'll include it in his Year One storyline.

Basically, while all the other Amazons were busy studying the stars with their telescopes, Diana would be studying the horizon, trying to figure out what was beyond the island. It's her curiosity and her resistance of the status quo that separated her from the other Amazons.
    Last word out of your sorry mouth will be SIR and it will be LOUD!!

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Titan Theo View Post
    Not only that, if all the amazons are as powerful or even mystical, then there will be no need for amazons to have developed technology because they could rely on their physical prowess and mystical abilities to defend their island for much more highly advanced technological races like Darkseid, evil Red Lanterns, etc. I have always suggested that if they do indeed want to make amazons not all as powerful as WW, they ought to be technologically advanced as there's no way bows and arrows will suffice for the defense of their island. A good balance is to make Themysicra super advanced, the average amazon maybe half the strength of WW, and the old city of Themyscira lies preserved in the middle of the new city (like Old Montreal..lol). If not, I like the idea of amazons all cultivating themselves to higher level of physical strength, mystical abilities, etc..

TT
    No I think both are good and necessary there's no way a group of people went thousands of years esp free of conflict and didn't advance technologically. Maybe they didn't develop advanced weaponry but they definitely should have advanced tech, advanced science and math systems all while being just as strong as Diana imo.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

The Amazons don't even need to be on the same level as Diana to credibly help repel an invasion from Apokolips, especially if they are also working alongside the Atlanteans and the human race. Diana is the mightiest individual to emerge from their culture, but they're still an entire race of the best warriors to ever walk the Earth, and are possibly superhuman to varying degrees themselves.

Fantastic Member

I don't believe, even with their best warrior ability, would have stood a chance on presumably much more advanced Apokalips with the power of flight and advanced weaponry UNLESS they had super human abilities (even 1/8 Diana's superhuma abilities would be enough with the amazon's skill factor). Parademons are not your average warriors either, and how would have they dealt with Darkseid himself had he been present?

http://www.cosmicbooknews.com/conten...rn-man-steel-2

Justice League/DCEU rumors:

• The villains for Justice League are Ares and Ocean Master. Ares will be weakened after Wonder Woman but the recent conflicts with the Kryptonians and previous wars have re-powered him. He will spark a war between Atlanteans and the Amazons so he can reach the height of his powers. Ocean Master betrays Aquaman and takes the thrown and leads the attack on the Amazons.
    • Darkseid will still have a heavy presence in Justice League and will be the villain for Justice League 2.
    • Bruce Wayne and Amanda Waller have different views about metahumans. Bruce believes they can do good while Waller believes they are a threat and should be contained.
    • Batman will be the strategist of the team. Flash will be the sweeper. Cyborg will have a combination of long and short range attacks. Aquaman's fighting style is straight up brutal.
    • Green Lantern will appear at the end of Justice League.
    • Joker and Black Mask will be the main two antagonist in the solo Batman film. Dick Grayson and Barbara Gordon will appear.
    • The following films are in development: Suicide Squad 2, Man of Steel 2, Birds of Prey, Crime Syndicate and New Gods. The Cyborg film has been cancelled

"Justice League" has a November 17, 2017 release directed by Zack Snyder starring Ben Affleck as Batman, Henry Cavill as Superman, Gal Gadot as Wonder Woman, Jason Momoa as Aquaman, Ezra Miller as The Flash, Ray Fisher as Cyborg, J.K. Simmons as Commissioner Gordon and Willem Dafoe in an unknown role.
    Richard Alexander

Quote Originally Posted by richalex View Post
    http://www.cosmicbooknews.com/conten...rn-man-steel-2

Justice League/DCEU rumors:

• The villains for Justice League are Ares and Ocean Master. Ares will be weakened after Wonder Woman but the recent conflicts with the Kryptonians and previous wars have re-powered him. He will spark a war between Atlanteans and the Amazons so he can reach the height of his powers. Ocean Master betrays Aquaman and takes the thrown and leads the attack on the Amazons.
    • Darkseid will still have a heavy presence in Justice League and will be the villain for Justice League 2.
    • Bruce Wayne and Amanda Waller have different views about metahumans. Bruce believes they can do good while Waller believes they are a threat and should be contained.
    • Batman will be the strategist of the team. Flash will be the sweeper. Cyborg will have a combination of long and short range attacks. Aquaman's fighting style is straight up brutal.
    • Green Lantern will appear at the end of Justice League.
    • Joker and Black Mask will be the main two antagonist in the solo Batman film. Dick Grayson and Barbara Gordon will appear.
    • The following films are in development: Suicide Squad 2, Man of Steel 2, Birds of Prey, Crime Syndicate and New Gods. The Cyborg film has been cancelled

"Justice League" has a November 17, 2017 release directed by Zack Snyder starring Ben Affleck as Batman, Henry Cavill as Superman, Gal Gadot as Wonder Woman, Jason Momoa as Aquaman, Ezra Miller as The Flash, Ray Fisher as Cyborg, J.K. Simmons as Commissioner Gordon and Willem Dafoe in an unknown role.
    I don't usually question these kind of announcements because, well, because a rumour is just a rumour - however I do find several problems with these ideas:

1 - not enough America. Sorry, the idea of the main war being between Atlantis and the Amazons strikes me as severely lacking in any opportunity for American product placement. Now, don't get me wrong I have a huge fondness for the States but I can't imagine a film where the main focus isn't America vs Ares or some such. So this rumour rings false for me. It focuses too much on two alien cultures in a world where America exists.

2 - Green Lantern will appear at the end of Justice League. Nah, just fanboy wishful thinking.

3 - The 'following films are in development' segment as well - more wishful thinking. Still - nice ideas - I just wish they'd do a New Gods animated film - in 2 parts - encompassing the whole of Jack Kirby's wild metahuman ride.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by blueray View Post
    1 - not enough America. Sorry, the idea of the main war being between Atlantis and the Amazons strikes me as severely lacking in any opportunity for American product placement. Now, don't get me wrong I have a huge fondness for the States but I can't imagine a film where the main focus isn't America vs Ares or some such. So this rumour rings false for me. It focuses too much on two alien cultures in a world where America exists.
    If it had been directed by Micheal Bay, then it would have 'MURICA leaking out of every pore and everyone would hate it.
    But look on the bright side, if it's not set in, around or with America, you wont have to see New York wiped off the map by a giant wave and you wont have to see American troops allied with Ares, since thats far more likely than the Amazons or the Atlanteans doing it

I guess, if Ares is the big bad in the first Justice League film then this would potentially mean that Wonder Woman will be positioned quite centrally in the scheme of things. Because? Because Ares is Wonder Woman's nemesis. So it figures that folk are going to look to Wonder Woman when Ares turns up.

Big Justice League announcement tomorrow!! Hope it's more than a team photo, but hope it's also a team photo.
    It's not about 'deserve' it's about what you believe. And I believe in Love.

More Justice League spoilers....

http://birthmoviesdeath.com/2016/06/...ice-league-set

There are three Mother Boxes on Earth. One Mother Box is for the Amazonians, and it's burgundy and beautifully ornate and highly detailed. One is for the Atlanteans, and it's white and really organic looking, with scales and tubes and stuff. And one is for humanity, and it's bronze and has big rivets on it and looks like something the Ancient Greeks would make.

We learn about these boxes in a scene called "the History Lesson." That scene, according to the art we saw, will feature an ancient Atlantean king, Hippolyta of Therimysca, some old fashioned humans and the god of all gods, Zeus himself.

The final costume was Wonder Woman, and just like Batman it's the exact same costume as last time. And again, that's unusual. Just in case we forgot this was a Zack Snyder movie Wilkinson explained the deep crimson of her breastplate by saying it reflects the "centuries of congealed blood of her victims."
    Last edited by richalex; 06-21-2016 at 07:37 AM.
    Richard Alexander

http://collider.com/justice-league-what-we-know-so-far/

When comparing the version of Wonder Woman we’ll see in Justice League to Batman v Superman and her solo film, Gadot said, “The Wonder Woman we see in the Justice League is similar to the Wonder Woman we saw on BvS. The Wonder Woman that you’ll see in the solo movie she’s different…it’s the coming of age story. It’s about her becoming an adult really. From a child to adult and understanding the complexities of life and human beings.”

Wonder Woman’s costume has a few changes from Batman v Superman but it’s nothing major. From what I gathered it has a slight color adjustment (a bit more red) and has been designed to make the costume more comfortable and maneuverable.

Did you know Wonder Woman’s costume is 5,000 years old? Neither did I. But that’s what Wilkinson told us when talking about her costume.

In the costume department we saw some concept art of Wonder Woman with a pretty big blue cape over her costume and on her back. I’m not sure it’s in the movie but it looked pretty cool.

Everything Gal Gadot wears as Diana Prince is being made by the costume department. Nothing is store bought.

Wonder Woman standing near the Batmobile fighting creatures with wings (Parademons).
    Richard Alexander

BANNED

Why would I expect a costume change, we can't have anything...meanwhile Batman's getting thousands, perhaps millions of gadgets, vehicles, you name it, that's where all the effort's going. At least now we know the red (ish) color of the bustier is the congealed blood of her enemies !!! some of that blood's from all the joe shmoes conscripted into ww1 that she slaughtered

Wonder Woman would have no reason to change her suit. Batman, on the other hand, needs always adapt his since he's only human.