Page 59 of 63 FirstFirst ... 949555657585960616263 LastLast

I’m glad she’s not turning her back on mankind! Diana would never turn her back on people who are in need. Just because she seen how dangers people are she still know that man kind still have love and hope inside of them for someone like her.

Incredible Member Amazon Swordsman's Avatar

In that clip, at about 57 seconds, WW raises her left arm as she ascends to the next level. That's a strange thing to do for someone who's only supposed to be a "super leaper". Since she's not supposed to be able to fly in the DCEU, why would they have her do something that looks like it? Maybe I'm just nitpicking, but if that was supposed to be just a jump, it looked self-propelled.

Extraordinary Member Vanguard-01's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Troian View Post
    Wth does she mean "a believer". I hope we're given context in the movie because it sounds awkward in that little chat. At least she's finally showing super speed now, well they already showed it in her origin but Snyder is superior to Jenkins in the special effects and cgi department so its a lot clearer now that she's fast.

Anyways, I don't care if Diana turns her back on mankind and I don't see why people made it a big deal. She can't save everyone and she can't fight for everyone and likely all the events that happened between WW1 and modern day still happened so its not like she a super giant impact on anything besides WW1. I actually liked the fact that she turned her back on mankind, it was interesting and could have been extended upon but whatever.
    Terrorist Guy talked about returning mankind to a state of "holy fear." My guess is he's some kind of religious nut. So Diana calling herself a "believer" is probably meant to be an ironic play on his beliefs.

Even more ironic when one remembers that Diana is an actual god.
    Though much is taken, much abides; and though
    We are not now that strength which in old days
    Moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are,
    One equal temper of heroic hearts,
    Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
    To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.

--Lord Alfred Tennyson--

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Vanguard-01 View Post
    Here's a clip of the scene when Diana rescues the hostages! Some of us may consider it spoilery, so watch at your own risk. I personally don't consider it a spoiler. The scene unfolded pretty much exactly as I thought it would, and it's not even the full scene. It definitely doesn't give away any important plot points. Just another great example of Diana's awesomeness!

HOLLYYYY goosebumps.. :d
    goose bumps...
    Last edited by dianafan1985; 11-05-2017 at 07:03 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Amazon Swordsman View Post
    In that clip, at about 57 seconds, WW raises her left arm as she ascends to the next level. That's a strange thing to do for someone who's only supposed to be a "super leaper". Since she's not supposed to be able to fly in the DCEU, why would they have her do something that looks like it? Maybe I'm just nitpicking, but if that was supposed to be just a jump, it looked self-propelled.
    I was about to comment on the same thing but you beat me to it. Either way I am pleased.

BANNED

There is a DC geek at work (like myself) who actually has a countdown timer on his phone until the Justice League movie. Waiting until November 17th is becoming torture. Watching that clip is making me really impatient.

Mighty Member

Here's a clip of the scene when Diana rescues the hostages! Some of us may consider it spoilery, so watch at your own risk. I personally don't consider it a spoiler. The scene unfolded pretty much exactly as I thought it would, and it's not even the full scene. It definitely doesn't give away any important plot points. Just another great example of Diana's awesomeness!

This made me want to go see the movie and I've been very "eh" about it. I wonder who that guy was...

Forgot to post this one!

Not as much activity from Diana, but there's a quick interaction between her and Cyborg that furthers the theory that Diana is the one to recruit him to the team. Just a nice moment to see.

--Lord Alfred Tennyson--

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Oh, nice clip... I didn't know the next Batman movie was coming in November.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    Oh, nice clip... I didn't know the next Batman movie was coming in November.
    It's one clip in gotham

BANNED

I am going to try and not watch anymore clips because I heard that the movie is going to be short and I want to surprised in the theatre by Diana's activities.

I really love that clip up top (I have rewatched it like 12 times now; so excited) and obviously they are going to continue using her theme music in the JL movie.

Keep your eyes on social media, people! Strong possibility that the social media embargo may be lifted in just a few hours!

https://twitter.com/ManaByte/status/928433793198727168

--Lord Alfred Tennyson--

BANNED

Whats that?

Quote Originally Posted by dianafan1985 View Post
    Whats that?
    There are two review embargoes: social media, and the formal review embargo.

The social media embargo prevents reviewers from even talking about the movie on social media. Until it lifts, they can't even go onto their Twitter accounts and say "I saw Justice League. It was good."

The review embargo prevents reviewers from posting their formal (and often spoiler) reviews. When it lifts, that's whenough the RT score comes into play.

The review embargo is almost never lifted early, as there's such a high risk of spoilers. The social media embargo, however, CAN be lifted early if the studio is certain that the social media hype will be mostly positive and will help build excitement for the film.

How early the SME lifts is a sign of how confident the studio is in the film. With Wonder Woman, WB was so confident after the screenings that they lifted the SME about a week before the release date. For about a week, reviewers were posting " Wonder Woman is sofficially GOOD!" Which only helped build the hype.

If WB does lift the SME this early, they must be pretty sure they've got a winner on their hands again.

--Lord Alfred Tennyson--

Still only crumbs...... BiteTheBullet's Avatar

There are two review embargoes: social media, and the formal review embargo.

The social media embargo prevents reviewers from even talking about the movie on social media. Until it lifts, they can't even go onto their Twitter accounts and say "I saw Justice League. It was good."

The review embargo prevents reviewers from posting their formal (and often spoiler) reviews. When it lifts, that's whenough the RT score comes into play.

The review embargo is almost never lifted early, as there's such a high risk of spoilers. The social media embargo, however, CAN be lifted early if the studio is certain that the social media hype will be mostly positive and will help build excitement for the film.

How early the SME lifts is a sign of how confident the studio is in the film. With Wonder Woman, WB was so confident after the screenings that they lifted the SME about a week before the release date. For about a week, reviewers were posting " Wonder Woman is sofficially GOOD!" Which only helped build the hype.

If WB does lift the SME this early, they must be pretty sure they've got a winner on their hands again.
    It's a week from official release in North America and they haven't lifted the embargo yet.

But.....Thor had no such problem and they had reviews coming in at least 2 weeks prior from release.

Based on this, it doesn't seem they are all that confident about this being a critical darling for them, ala Wonder Woman.

Make no mistake, this movie is going to make big cash, just because. Because it has Wonder Woman, Batman and the rest of the league, but that doesn't necessarily mean it is going to be a good movie. BvS wasn't very good, the most well received parts being the Wonder Woman scenes.

I hope it is good. Probably not as good as Wonder Woman, but most likely way better than BvS, because of the fact you have another director in Joss Whedon putting his touches on the film.