Page 60 of 63 FirstFirst ... 10505657585960616263 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by BiteTheBullet View Post
    It's a week from official release in North America and they haven't lifted the embargo yet.

But.....Thor had no such problem and they had reviews coming in at least 2 weeks prior from release.

Based on this, it doesn't seem they are all that confident about this being a critical darling for them, ala Wonder Woman.

Make no mistake, this movie is going to make big cash, just because. Because it has Wonder Woman, Batman and the rest of the league, but that doesn't necessarily mean it is going to be a good movie. BvS wasn't very good, the most well received parts being the Wonder Woman scenes.

I hope it is good. Probably not as good as Wonder Woman, but most likely way better than BvS, because of the fact you have another director in Joss Whedon putting his touches on the film.
    i suspect that if it is not as god as expected must be the fault of the soundtrack, because it does not appeal as contemporary epic as the ones in mos/bvs/ww, at least for me with what was already leaked

C'mon Superspeed! I wonder why she ends up using the Aegis Effect then. It's funny seeing how they present scenes out of order for previews, and then it's totally different when the movie comes out.
    Richard Alexander

It's a week from official release in North America and they haven't lifted the embargo yet.

But.....Thor had no such problem and they had reviews coming in at least 2 weeks prior from release.

Based on this, it doesn't seem they are all that confident about this being a critical darling for them, ala Wonder Woman.

Make no mistake, this movie is going to make big cash, just because. Because it has Wonder Woman, Batman and the rest of the league, but that doesn't necessarily mean it is going to be a good movie. BvS wasn't very good, the most well received parts being the Wonder Woman scenes.

I hope it is good. Probably not as good as Wonder Woman, but most likely way better than BvS, because of the fact you have another director in Joss Whedon putting his touches on the film.
    So far, it has tested on par with Wonder Woman, so here's hoping! But it doesn't look as good to me...yet.
    It's not about 'deserve' it's about what you believe. And I believe in Love.

Still only crumbs...... BiteTheBullet's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RealWonderman View Post
    So far, it has tested on par with Wonder Woman, so here's hoping! But it doesn't look as good to me...yet.
    Where did you get the information that it has tested as well as Wonder Woman?

If that is the case, the embargo on reviews should have been lifted about a couple weeks prior, just like the Thor movie, right?

I get the uneasy feeling that the movie is probably not going to be very good, critically speaking. That is why we aren't getting any reviews as it is, since I believe it has come out in other markets, like China.

But it has to be better than BvS right? I mean you can only go on up after that movie, based on reviews, that is.

But hey, if you are right, and it has tested on par with Wonder Woman, then it might tie or beat her Rotten Tomatoes score! Still doesn't make any sense that we haven't seen any reviews as of yet, though.

Extraordinary Member Vanguard-01's Avatar

Social media embargo lifts tomorrow. One of the reasons for the delay is that they apparently have one more big screening scheduled for tonight.

As for the two weeks thing?

1.) Marvel has EVERY reason to be more confident in their movies than anyone else. Their track record speaks for itself.

2.) Test screening schedules can be an issue. If WB had had this last screening last week, they may very well have lifted the embargo two weeks ago as well.

The important thing? They don't HAVE to lift ANY embargo until the day the movie comes out. If they were really worried about the reviews hurting the film, they could just keep the embargo up until it comes out. Lifting the embargo for a week gives plenty of time for the social media chatter to make or break this film, so clearly WB is convinced that it will make, rather than break it.
    Though much is taken, much abides; and though
    We are not now that strength which in old days
    Moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are,
    One equal temper of heroic hearts,
    Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
    To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.

--Lord Alfred Tennyson--

If that is the case, the embargo on reviews should have been lifted about a couple weeks prior, just like the Thor movie, right?

I get the uneasy feeling that the movie is probably not going to be very good, critically speaking. That is why we aren't getting any reviews as it is, since I believe it has come out in other markets, like China.

But it has to be better than BvS right? I mean you can only go on up after that movie, based on reviews, that is.

But hey, if you are right, and it has tested on par with Wonder Woman, then it might tie or beat her Rotten Tomatoes score! Still doesn't make any sense that we haven't seen any reviews as of yet, though.
    It’s been out there for a few days:

A new report from The Wall Street Journal previewed the upcoming film, and hinted at its potential path to success. According to the report, test screenings of the film's final cut have been well received, and have earned audience scores close to Wonder Woman.

http://comicbook.com/dc/2017/11/07/j...-wonder-woman/

https://www.wsj.com/articles/offbeat...man-1509997635

China only got a 30 min preview, and they loved it. Called it brilliant.

https://www.google.com/amp/wegotthis...brilliant/amp/
    Last edited by RealWonderman; 11-09-2017 at 07:18 PM.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

I'm ready to see her fly. period
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

I think Justice League will be for Ezra Miller what Batman vs Superman was for Gal Gadot.
    From all the previews and what I can gather from reading around the web, Wonder Woman
    and Aquaman are terrific.......... but Flash steals the movie..

Quote Originally Posted by My Two Cents View Post
    I think Justice League will be for Ezra Miller what Batman vs Superman was for Gal Gadot.
    From all the previews and what I can gather from reading around the web, Wonder Woman
    and Aquaman are terrific.......... but Flash steals the movie..
    I read mostly that Aquaman and Flash are terrific but Wonder Woman steals the movie! Haha So, either and or both will be a-ok with me!!!

Consensus is it’s GREAT!!

Except the mashable guy trying to make his RT score prediction come true.

BANNED

What? It has most definitely not come out in other markets. Thor got reviews early because it was released earlier in other countries before North America.

Oh, and also the Wonder Woman movie (Which remember? Got over 92% on RT) did not have it's review embargo lifted weeks earlier like your'e claiming either. But, eh concern trolls will be concerned.

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    I think you are going to be waiting for a long time for that to happen!

Quote Originally Posted by Tec15 View Post
    What? It has most definitely not come out in other markets. Thor got reviews early because it was released earlier in other countries before North America.

Oh, and also the Wonder Woman movie (Which remember? Got over 92% on RT) did not have it's review embargo lifted weeks earlier like your'e claiming either. But, eh concern trolls will be concerned.
    From what I have read, Wonder Woman had it's embargo removed at least 2 weeks prior to it's release, and all the great reviews it got was probably a good reason it did as well as it did.

So, yes, 2 weeks does mean 'weeks' earlier, like I claimed.

Here is a link https://io9.gizmodo.com/the-first-re...lar-1795356828

And this article is dated May 18th, I believe. While it doesn't say the full movie review embargo was lifted, it does let people know the immediate buzz about the movie being overwhelmingly positive.

From what I have read, Wonder Woman had it's embargo removed at least 2 weeks prior to it's release, and all the great reviews it got was probably a good reason it did as well as it did.

So, yes, 2 weeks does mean 'weeks' earlier, like I claimed.

Here is a link https://io9.gizmodo.com/the-first-re...lar-1795356828

And this article is dated May 18th, I believe. While it doesn't say the full movie review embargo was lifted, it does let people know the immediate buzz about the movie being overwhelmingly positive.
    The response to JL is overwhelmingly positive as well. The embargo is in place because of Superman. I don’t believe for any other reason. There’s a huge inspiring Superman moment, when he comes back, and they do not want it spoiled in anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Vanguard-01 View Post
    Terrorist Guy talked about returning mankind to a state of "holy fear." My guess is he's some kind of religious nut. So Diana calling herself a "believer" is probably meant to be an ironic play on his beliefs.

Even more ironic when one remembers that Diana is an actual god.
    Interesting take.

Anyways here's hoping JL does a billion ww because no matter what you spin it many will be disappointed if it doesn't.

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    Watch the last 10 seconds of the Wonder Woman Movie.