Page 61 of 63 FirstFirst ... 115157585960616263 LastLast

Watched it again last night
    Gal was fantastic still
    All the trailers and now twitter reviews for Justice League are saying
    Gal was no fluke (my words) in this Summers Wonder Woman
    and that Wonder Woman and heroes like Aquaman and Flash
    make the movie a fun fast two hour ride with many probably leaving the theatre
    wanting to go back again because the characters were so much fun to watch and
    maybe discovering what the story was actually about (again most my words ).........
    which is funny, in that many times I will watch a movie and have no clue of what
    the purpose of it is or if there is an actual plot and than years later watch it again
    and see everything clear and with perfect sense.
    Last edited by My Two Cents; 11-11-2017 at 07:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by My Two Cents View Post
    Watched it again last night
    Gal was fantastic still
    All the trailers and now twitter reviews for Justice League are saying
    Gal was no fluke (my words) in this Summers Wonder Woman
    and that Wonder Woman and heroes like Aquaman and Flash
    make the movie a fun fast two hour ride with many probably leaving the theatre
    wanting to go back again because the characters were so much fun to watch and
    maybe discovering what the story was actually about (again most my words ).........
    which is funny, in that many times I will watch a movie and have no clue of what
    the purpose of it is or if there is an actual plot and than years later watch it again
    and see everything clear and with perfect sense.
    Wait...you saw Justice League?? And AGAIN!??
    It's not about 'deserve' it's about what you believe. And I believe in Love.

Quote Originally Posted by RealWonderman View Post
    http://www.denofgeek.com/us/movies/j...-between-films

Justice League: Gal Gadot Confirms Wonder Woman Was an Active Hero for Century Between Films
    During the Justice League press conference, Gal Gadot confirms to us Wonder Woman was an active superhero for the whole 20th century.

If one has been paying attention to Justice League hype for the past few months, then it’s become clear from the trailers to the posters that Gal Gadot’s Diana Prince, aka Wonder Woman, is taking center stage in the excitement. And this is for good reason, as Gadot’s warm interpretation of the Amazonian princess in Patty Jenkins’ Wonder Woman was a fiercely cathartic visage of bravery in a troubling year, and a warmer icon of feminine heroism than her chilly introduction in last year’s Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice.
    Whereas the earlier film suggested Wonder Woman had abandoned humanity to our own demons after the end of the First World War—with Diana even saying the words “A hundred years ago, I walked away from mankind, from a century of horrors”—Justice League showcases a Diana who tells Bruce Wayne that even if she isn’t a public figure, she was still there “if I was needed.” And during a Justice League press conference in London, Gadot reconciled the differences to Den of Geek, confirming to us that, despite her depiction in Batman v Superman, Wonder Woman is now intended to have always been active during the whole 20th century before meeting Batman… albeit she is mum on how this will affect the forthcoming Wonder Woman 2.

“Well unfortunately there’s not much we can share with you about Wonder Woman 2,” Gadot says when asked about these differences in presentation and how it will influence the Wonder Woman sequel. “But what is clear is that whether or not Wonder Woman was out there or incognito, she was always involved and she was always very active in Man’s World, and she was always acting to save and to help, and to better the world.”
    Wouldn't Clark have heard some rumor about her when he was wandering around trying to find himself? Guy was desperate to find others like himself yet didn't find anything til he found the ship in the Arctic. In the Words of Smiling Jake "We're living in the age of Cell Phone Cameras" Have been for 20 years now. A "Wonder Woman" would have been front page news, especially if she was busting though door like a freight train.
    Last edited by Lokimaru; 11-12-2017 at 03:56 AM.

I saw the trailers and read the twitter reviews and from what I could surmise gave an opinion

Extraordinary Member Vanguard-01's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lokimaru View Post
    Wouldn't Clark have heard some rumor about her when he was wandering around trying to find himself? Guy was desperate to find others like himself yet didn't find anything til he found the ship in the Arctic.
    He may very well have heard tales of a mysterious woman with superpowers. And if he looked into it, he would've had very little luck. Very few WW I vets are still alive today, so he'd have a hard time tracking down any eyewitnesses. She seems to operate mainly in Europe and he couldn't fly until later in MOS, so he wouldn't have been able to go over there to look for her either.

Now after MOS? Sure, he may have resumed looking into the rumors, now that he could be anywhere in the world in no time. But, he still had a romance with Lois, a job, and a life to live so he may not have had that much time to spare. It's also easy enough to say that Diana doesn't operate overtly on a regular basis, so he may have simply never noticed when she did something.
    Though much is taken, much abides; and though
    We are not now that strength which in old days
    Moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are,
    One equal temper of heroic hearts,
    Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
    To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.

--Lord Alfred Tennyson--

Gal wants Cheetah in the DCEU.

Gal Gadot stated that she wants Wonder Woman to face her arch nemesis next. Is she thinking about Justice League 2 or the Wonder Woman sequel? "There’s so many good villains in the DC universe, but I would love to fight Cheetah. She’s a girl and that could be very interesting."

Quote Originally Posted by Nyssane View Post
    Nice! Hopefully Geoff Johns agrees! And I think he will. He gave Cheetah one of her best power showings ever in her New 52 debut. Seems to me like he's invested in elevating her, and let's not forget that elevating villains is one of Johns' specialties.

--Lord Alfred Tennyson--

Fan-made recap video, detailing the path to Justice League! To no one's surprise, Diana is quite prominent in it!

--Lord Alfred Tennyson--

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nyssane View Post
    Awesome!! Every time I think I couldn't love Gadot more, she surprises me.

...Though hopefully there are better ways to make her interesting than "she's a girl"

Quote Originally Posted by Lokimaru View Post
    Wouldn't Clark have heard some rumor about her when he was wandering around trying to find himself? Guy was desperate to find others like himself yet didn't find anything til he found the ship in the Arctic. In the Words of Smiling Jake "We're living in the age of Cell Phone Cameras" Have been for 20 years now. A "Wonder Woman" would have been front page news, especially if she was busting though door like a freight train.
    I doubt it. He was looking for himself, not others like him. And he spent his time in very remote places.
    Regarding cell phones, etc, she moves with the speed of a god, so pretty easy to explain. Plus, She may have been working completely under cover, and occasionally donning her armor to fight monsters. Also, don’t forget, some people did have an awareness of her, like Lex Luther for instants.
    It's not about 'deserve' it's about what you believe. And I believe in Love.

Astonishing Member

"Misogynist sexists, your wrath upon this world is over."

Fun interview with Gal and Ezra:
    https://www.msn.com/en-us/movies/cel...Alu?li=BBnb7Kz

BANNED

Whew! Bought my ticket, there was limited availability left but I got through. Now it is just the wait and the discipline to not read spoilers before the day.

Still only crumbs...... BiteTheBullet's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dianafan1985 View Post
    Whew! Bought my ticket, there was limited availability left but I got through. Now it is just the wait and the discipline to not read spoilers before the day.
    I have a feeling with all the trailers that I have seen, that I know a fair amount of the plot points that is going to happen already.

A bunch of grunts (parademons) that are a threat to us being led by Steppenwolf. Sort of like the Centauri (spelling, from Avengers movie) with Loki being the big baddie.

We will get to see alot of badass moments that each character has by them kicking the grunts ass, like the Avengers.

They will not be able to take on Steppenwolf alone, so they use teamwork in the end.

Oh, and Superman will come in and save the day

Sounds like a DC comic book crossover event with either Batman or Supes taking all the glory!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by BiteTheBullet View Post
    I have a feeling with all the trailers that I have seen, that I know a fair amount of the plot points that is going to happen already.

A bunch of grunts (parademons) that are a threat to us being led by Steppenwolf. Sort of like the Centauri (spelling, from Avengers movie) with Loki being the big baddie.

We will get to see alot of badass moments that each character has by them kicking the grunts ass, like the Avengers.

They will not be able to take on Steppenwolf alone, so they use teamwork in the end.

Oh, and Superman will come in and save the day

Sounds like a DC comic book crossover event with either Batman or Supes taking all the glory!
    You have pretty much summed it up. Lets hope they are not that predictable but chances are, they are.

I have been PMMing a couple people from the DC forum who HAS watched the movie.

Extraordinary Member

Just booked tickets for me and Xander. 36 hours from now we will be watching!
    If ten years of recording The Young and the Restless for my mother have taught me anything, it's that characters in serial dramas are always happily in love...until they're not

“The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. Instead of altering their views to fit the facts, they alter the facts to fit their views...which can be very uncomfortable if you happen to be one of the facts that needs altering.” - the 4th Doctor