Page 63 of 63 FirstFirst ... 13535960616263
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by RealWonderman View Post
    Wait...you two with premature negativity? WHHHHAAAAAHHHHH??
    Let me rephrase my sentence for the sensitive rules of this board, because I find it hilarious that my opinions can cause some people to get so bothered. What I have said is far from premature since all of my information comes from people who have actually seen the film. Her portrayal misses the mark on multiple levels.

I have my own criteria of what makes an epic Wonder Woman, and from what I have gathered so far, Justice League has not portrayed that in the least. Not to mention the reviews pouring in for the film has not been very positive:

SPOILER WARNING:
    https://www.vox.com/culture/2017/11/...ew-gadot-momoa

https://www.vanityfair.com/hollywood...-league-review
    Last edited by dianafan1985; 11-15-2017 at 11:05 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by dianafan1985 View Post
    Let me rephrase my sentence for the sensitive rules of this board, because I find it hilarious that my opinions can cause some people to get so bothered. What I have said is far from premature since all of my information comes from people who have actually seen the film. Her portrayal misses the mark on multiple levels.

I have my own criteria of what makes an epic Wonder Woman, and from what I have gathered so far, Justice League has not portrayed that in the least. Not to mention the reviews pouring in for the film has not been very positive:

SPOILER WARNING:
    https://www.vox.com/culture/2017/11/...ew-gadot-momoa

https://www.vanityfair.com/hollywood...-league-review
    Your post was prior to the reviews...but I was also JOKING! Haha. Not bothered in the least.
    It's not about 'deserve' it's about what you believe. And I believe in Love.

Extraordinary Member

Five hours to go for me.

Have been watching the Ultimate edition of BVS with my son for the first time. DAMN! It really IS a much better movie than the rubbish I watched in the theatre.

Still has holes but at least not holes like Doomsday starting leaping through buildings LOL
    If ten years of recording The Young and the Restless for my mother have taught me anything, it's that characters in serial dramas are always happily in love...until they're not

“The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. Instead of altering their views to fit the facts, they alter the facts to fit their views...which can be very uncomfortable if you happen to be one of the facts that needs altering.” - the 4th Doctor

Extraordinary Member Vanguard-01's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by brettc1 View Post
    Five hours to go for me.

Have been watching the Ultimate edition of BVS with my son for the first time. DAMN! It really IS a much better movie than the rubbish I watched in the theatre.

Still has holes but at least not holes like Doomsday starting leaping through buildings LOL
    I was telling you that nearly a YEAR ago!
    Though much is taken, much abides; and though
    We are not now that strength which in old days
    Moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are,
    One equal temper of heroic hearts,
    Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
    To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.

--Lord Alfred Tennyson--

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vanguard-01 View Post
    I was telling you that nearly a YEAR ago!
    Yes, but I stand by what I said then. DC should not have to put out an ultimate edition to actually make a movie watchable. Also I bought it second hand for $5, so I was not giving WB any money to reward there mistake.

And then there is Justice League... sigh.
    If ten years of recording The Young and the Restless for my mother have taught me anything, it's that characters in serial dramas are always happily in love...until they're not

“The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. Instead of altering their views to fit the facts, they alter the facts to fit their views...which can be very uncomfortable if you happen to be one of the facts that needs altering.” - the 4th Doctor

Quote Originally Posted by brettc1 View Post
    Yes, but I stand by what I said then. DC should not have to put out an ultimate edition to actually make a movie watchable. Also I bought it second hand for $5, so I was not giving WB any money to reward there mistake.

And then there is Justice League... sigh.
    The fault was entirely WB's. That footage was supposed to be in the Theatrical Cut, but they ordered Snyder to cut it out maybe a month before release because they were worried it wouldn't make as much money.

Because, yeah! Of COURSE the good version of the movie would make less money than the chopped up version!

Freaking suits, man! SMH. And they went and repeated the mistake with JL. These people are supposed to be highly educated professionals?
    Last edited by Vanguard-01; 11-16-2017 at 07:21 AM.

--Lord Alfred Tennyson--

Wonder Woman was amazing in JL and so was Gal Gadot. She was born to play this role.

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    Boy, did we ever get lucky when WB decided to not go with Joss "I'm Such A Great Feminist" Whedon's Wonder Woman movie pitch from years back!

--Lord Alfred Tennyson--

Quote Originally Posted by Vanguard-01 View Post
    Boy, did we ever get lucky when WB decided to not go with Joss "I'm Such A Great Feminist" Whedon's Wonder Woman movie pitch from years back!
    Oh, that script was bad. I've read some excerpts, it seemed something written by a horny teenager.
    Last edited by Last Son of Krypton; 11-16-2017 at 07:50 AM.

Oh, that script was bad. I've read some excerpts, it seemed something written by a horny teenager.
    Apparently, some scenes from Justice League that involve Wonder Woman do too. Sad.

Even looking at the comments in Grace Randolph's video... I've never seen people get so aggressive and irrational over a movie before.

Quote Originally Posted by Nyssane View Post
    Apparently, some scenes from Justice League that involve Wonder Woman do too. Sad.

Even looking at the comments in Grace Randolph's video... I've never seen people get so aggressive and irrational over a movie before.
    I firmly believe that they should start to consult Patty Jenkins for how to handle Diana outside of her solo movies.

I firmly believe that they should start to consult Patty Jenkins for how to handle Diana outside of her solo movies.
    1000% agree
    It's not about 'deserve' it's about what you believe. And I believe in Love.