Page 9 of 63 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131959 ... LastLast
Results 121 to 135 of 943
  1. #121
    Wonder Moderator Gaelforce's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    2,657

    Default

    Okay, folks, first and last public warning.

    1. Back off with the snark, please. Sarcasm doesn't translate well on message boards.

    2. Do not discuss if/when you intend to ignore someone. Just use the ignore feature (either the one on the boards or the one in your brain ) without comment.
    Gaelforce
    Superman/Wonder Woman/TV Film Forum Moderator
    THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES - Ignorance of the rules is no excuse!

  2. #122
    Extraordinary Member Vanguard-01's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    8,481

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by username_ View Post
    "It seems 100 years have made her quite cynical of the human race, to the point where Bruce Wayne is opting to be the heart, soul, and leader of Justice League, while Diana serves as muscle (presumably)."

    http://heroichollywood.com/10-things...onder-woman/9/
    You understand that stories progress, right? That's where Diana is RIGHT NOW. That doesn't mean that that's where she will be FOREVER.

    Also? One sentence from an Internet interview does NOT equal an absolute universal truth. Plans change. Interviewees don't always tell interviewers the whole story. Latching onto one or two comments and holding them up as gospel proof speaks more of a desire for these things to be true than any real proof that they are true.
    Though much is taken, much abides; and though
    We are not now that strength which in old days
    Moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are,
    One equal temper of heroic hearts,
    Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
    To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.

    --Lord Alfred Tennyson--

  3. #123
    Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    13,148

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by username_ View Post
    "It seems 100 years have made her quite cynical of the human race, to the point where Bruce Wayne is opting to be the heart, soul, and leader of Justice League, while Diana serves as muscle (presumably)."

    http://heroichollywood.com/10-things...onder-woman/9/
    This doesn't really prove anything, as that author is just speculating based on the same information we all have (which isn't much).

  4. #124
    Extraordinary Member Vanguard-01's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    8,481

    Default

    Oh, and if Diana DOES, in fact, reach out to Cyborg? That easily proves she's more than just "the muscle." Comforting people in pain is not in the job description of "the muscle."
    Though much is taken, much abides; and though
    We are not now that strength which in old days
    Moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are,
    One equal temper of heroic hearts,
    Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
    To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.

    --Lord Alfred Tennyson--

  5. #125
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Posts
    541

    Default

    This is what I envision when I think of the Trinity on the silver screen:

    trinity.jpg

    All of them looking very empowered, according to who and what they are.
    Last edited by dianafan1985; 10-28-2016 at 08:44 AM.

  6. #126
    Pretty Little Liar. Troian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Posts
    802

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dianafan1985 View Post
    I would say Diana would have the greater advantage, because even in those few scenes, one could easily conclude that Diana was more of a skilled warrior than Clark. Clark used a spear, and died. So there goes "using a weapon" argument.
    Honestly. if we're being honest here, it's not a common thing given some of the crazy feats in comics but there were times when they have shown that like in real life, fighting skill goes all out the window when you're facing an opponent whose arguably stronger, heavier, larger potentially can react as fast as you can (I'm not too sure about that but he did dodge and grab Clark after he tried blitzing him) and can take more damage then you can.. but it's comics/adaptions of comics so ignore this bit.

    The spear was used only once against Doomsday and it killed him cause it was made of something that could harm DD. Every other scene in the fight Clark was either using his heat vision or super physicals no fancy shield or weapon to hurt him until the end. Let's also not forget it is unknown if Diana would survive as well without "dying" if Doomsday stabbed her and Doomsday grabbed Clark and prevented him from moving as well. That said she could use her bracelets to block but without them?

    This aside because I don't really feel like arguing anymore lol, I still think they'd be equal or near equal because fighting skills in Diana's case would only allow her to delay the inevitable and even then judging from what we've seen so far Diana is a more weapons style combat and Doomsday could just grab her whenever she tries to do a move on him and just throw her around. In the end, both will probably just tire out as they can't kill him with physical force alone.

    That aside, I do hope they mix badass warrior with her loving side but don't focus too much on either, find a balance.
    Beauty pageant answers? Oh all the stuff she's spewing out in interviews? I can bet you some of that stuff is pre-scripted.. after all companies can't get bad rep or anything after someone accidentally offends everyone with one comment.

    And as for the nerfing bit, what if she was was like SA Superman or SB Prime? Towing planets, taking down several Superman level characters with ease. I don't think they should ever nerf her powers but when you reach levels like Prime then i can see why they have to none it down.

    Anyways, still hyped lol.
    Last edited by Troian; 10-28-2016 at 09:06 PM.

  7. #127
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Posts
    244

    Default

    this is my prediction

    >Steppenwolf is sent to Earth to retrieve Superman's body because Superman is the only one of value for Darkseid. The Knightmare sequence in "Batman v Superman" is what will happen if Steppenwolf succeeds - Superman kills the League, Batman's the last one standing of course and Darkseid takes the World. So Flash travels back in time to prevent this from happening, he warns Bruce that he was "right about Superman", to "fear him" and that "she's the key"

    So what happens is Steppenwolf does get ahold of Superman's body and using the same Apokaliptan/kryptonian tech that Lex used to create Doomsday, they resurrect him, they brainwash Superman and sic him on the Justice League. One by one, the no-holds-barred Superman DESTROYS the league like in the script of George Miller's Justice League Mortals, all seems lost when it comes to Batman that the "key" is Lois Lane, she's the only one who can bring Superman back through the Love they share. And so that's what she does and then together they kick Steppenwolf's butt and Wonder Woman kills lots and lots of parademons with her sword

    You just wait

  8. #128
    Extraordinary Member Vanguard-01's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    8,481

    Default

    We will just wait.

    We'll just wait for these movies to prove you wrong.
    Though much is taken, much abides; and though
    We are not now that strength which in old days
    Moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are,
    One equal temper of heroic hearts,
    Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
    To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.

    --Lord Alfred Tennyson--

  9. #129
    Fantastic Member enish's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Toulouse, France
    Posts
    453

    Default

    My guess and hope is that the producers are not that stupid to raise so much hype around the importance of Wonder Woman just to make her the weakling that some people here are predicting...That would really be the end and the death of the DCEU franchise.

    I do trust the creative team, and of course, if I'm wrong, I'll be a really pissed off DC customer and I would cry out "Betrayal!"
    Last edited by enish; 11-21-2016 at 03:41 AM.

  10. #130
    BANNED
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    6,503

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by enish View Post
    My guess and hope is that the producers are not that stupid to raise so much hype around the importance of Wonder Woman just to make her the weakling that some people here are predicting...That would really be the end and the death of the DCEU franchise.

    I do trust the creative team, and of course, if I'm wrong, I'll be a really pissed off DC customer and I would cry out "Betrayal!"
    That really would be the final nail in the coffin, but I don't think we are risking this 'hoplitemare' scenario, DC, WB and their people cant possibly be that dense.

  11. #131
    Fantastic Member enish's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Toulouse, France
    Posts
    453

    Default

    Finger crossed here, I'll just try to lower down my expectation in order not to find myself disappointed, one never knows what might happen, but I really have faith in Patty Jenkins and so far I'm really thrilled!

  12. #132
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Posts
    244

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Vanguard-01 View Post
    We will just wait.

    We'll just wait for these movies to prove you wrong.
    Regardless of what happens in JL we already caught a glimpse of the future in which Superman is under Darkseid's control and the whole world went tits-up, Wonder Woman & the Justice League are presumably dead and it's not that big a stretch to assume Superman did it seeing as Flash traveled back in time to warn Bruce about him particularly. Flash, having seen the future, confirmed Bruce's worst "Knightmare" with regards to Superman, that should the League fail to avert this scenario, Superman would be unstoppable…not even Wonder Woman, with her iconic sword of truth and bulletproof shield, and all the experience in the World can stop him
    Last edited by username_; 11-22-2016 at 11:02 PM.

  13. #133
    Extraordinary Member Vanguard-01's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    8,481

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by username_ View Post
    Regardless of what happens in JL we already caught a glimpse of the future in which Superman is under Darkseid's control and the whole world went tits-up, Wonder Woman & the Justice League are presumably dead and it's not that big a stretch to assume Superman did it seeing as Flash traveled back in time to warn Bruce about him particularly. Flash, having seen the future, confirmed Bruce's worst "Knightmare" in regards to Superman, that should the League fail to avert this scenario, Superman would be unstoppable…not even Wonder Woman, with her iconic sword of truth and bulletproof shield, and all the experience in the World can stop Superman
    And that entire scene was almost universally reviled by fans and critics alike and then the decision was made that the DCEU needs to change direction. Nothing we saw in that scene is guaranteed to happen anymore.

    And you have no proof that Diana and/or the League are dead in the Knightmare world, even if it does come to pass. Furthermore? That vision showed Batman still fighting alone. It could just as easily be a warning to him that this future would come to pass if he continued his solitary ways. It was these visions, combined with Superman's sacrifice, that inspired Batman to assemble a team of heroes. It's ridiculously easy to say any number of things have already happened that have already derailed that entire timeline.

    And even IF the Knightmare vision still comes true? I assure you, it won't be nearly as bleak as you make it out to be, because DC/WB have learned the hard way that the fans don't want bleak. Also? Contrary to what you want to believe, DC/WB are NOT on a mission to marginalize and abuse Diana and any other characters who aren't named "Batman" or "Superman."
    Though much is taken, much abides; and though
    We are not now that strength which in old days
    Moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are,
    One equal temper of heroic hearts,
    Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
    To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.

    --Lord Alfred Tennyson--

  14. #134
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Posts
    244

    Default

    She'll rattle off some clichés, slay some parademons, they'll throw some electric cello in there, a bit of slow-mo, top it with a good amount of screaming and the only thing they've abused is my patience
    Last edited by Conn Seanery; 11-23-2016 at 12:44 AM.

  15. #135
    Incredible Member FIFTY-TWO (52)'s Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    760

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Vanguard-01 View Post
    And that entire scene was almost universally reviled by fans and critics alike and then the decision was made that the DCEU needs to change direction. Nothing we saw in that scene is guaranteed to happen anymore.

    And you have no proof that Diana and/or the League are dead in the Knightmare world, even if it does come to pass. Furthermore? That vision showed Batman still fighting alone. It could just as easily be a warning to him that this future would come to pass if he continued his solitary ways. It was these visions, combined with Superman's sacrifice, that inspired Batman to assemble a team of heroes. It's ridiculously easy to say any number of things have already happened that have already derailed that entire timeline.

    And even IF the Knightmare vision still comes true? I assure you, it won't be nearly as bleak as you make it out to be, because DC/WB have learned the hard way that the fans don't want bleak. Also? Contrary to what you want to believe, DC/WB are NOT on a mission to marginalize and abuse Diana and any other characters who aren't named "Batman" or "Superman."
    I think that storyline is still in play. After all, the League is forming because Flash warned Bruce to gather them, and that "Lois is the key".
    Whatever happens to Superman, Lois is instrumental in bringing him home and helping save Earth.
    JL isn't and shouldn't be Wonder Woman 2. It's about the team.
    Last word out of your sorry mouth will be SIR and it will be LOUD!!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •