Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    Super Moderator

Default Captain America: Steve Rogers, #1

He's back! The original Sentinel of Liberty returns, with a new shield, a new team, and a new mission! And he's not the only one who's back! Like the saying goes-- cut off one LIMB, two more will take its place! HAIL HYDRA!

Full article here.

All-New Member McCullarTheAvenger's Avatar

I'm so getting this comic.

BANNED

Marvel does its usual thing of putting perfectly reasonable right-wing opinions into the mouth of an evil villain. Glad I decided to not put this propaganda on my pull list.

Are all the new #1's $5 books?

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cloudman View Post
    Marvel does its usual thing of putting perfectly reasonable right-wing opinions into the mouth of an evil villain. Glad I decided to not put this propaganda on my pull list.
    Reasonable? Oh that's right, Trump is the GOPnnominee. His Hitler rhetoric isn't reasonable but it is mainstream.

What superheroes would be against tolerance? Captain America should be a bigot like the Red Skull?

Anyway Marvel comics have mostly always been liberal.

- So apparently you haven't read the Statue of Liberty's quote in quite some time. "“Give me your tired, your poor, Your huddled masses yearning to breathe free, the wretched refuse of your teeming shore. Send these, the homeless, tempest-tossed, to me: I lift my lamp beside the golden door.” I realize "New Conservatives" are all about "me, me, me" and not really wanting to help anyone else out (because that would be "charity") but alas, the Statue of Liberty disagrees with you.

Or apparently you've decided all Muslims are terrorists? Or that a family of nut jobs attempting to take over land that honestly isn't theirs in the first place (Uhm, it's the Indians. Thank you. So if anyone gets that land back, it's the Indians. Not a bunch of cowboy militia wannabe's with too many guns and too little sense.)

Or maybe you're one of those people brought up to think all other races are inferior to yours, as I'm betting you're white. Or that gays shouldn't have equal rights, or your complete misunderstanding about transgender people means we should just live like it's 1950 once more?

I mean, that's pretty much what the Red Skull is spouting on about here. So yeah, as long as Marvel is on the right (not "Right"!) side of history, Make Mine Marvel!

so there is no more Shield throw? He can't do the ricochet with that shield
    The J-man

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by nathanaaron View Post
    - So apparently you haven't read the Statue of Liberty's quote in quite some time. "“Give me your tired, your poor, Your huddled masses yearning to breathe free, the wretched refuse of your teeming shore. Send these, the homeless, tempest-tossed, to me: I lift my lamp beside the golden door.” I realize "New Conservatives" are all about "me, me, me" and not really wanting to help anyone else out (because that would be "charity") but alas, the Statue of Liberty disagrees with you.

Or apparently you've decided all Muslims are terrorists? Or that a family of nut jobs attempting to take over land that honestly isn't theirs in the first place (Uhm, it's the Indians. Thank you. So if anyone gets that land back, it's the Indians. Not a bunch of cowboy militia wannabe's with too many guns and too little sense.)

Or maybe you're one of those people brought up to think all other races are inferior to yours, as I'm betting you're white. Or that gays shouldn't have equal rights, or your complete misunderstanding about transgender people means we should just live like it's 1950 once more?

I mean, that's pretty much what the Red Skull is spouting on about here. So yeah, as long as Marvel is on the right (not "Right"!) side of history, Make Mine Marvel!
    Good grief, that's a lot of assumptions to make. I'm not even American for a start, so I don't care about your precious statue of liberty. Get your americentrism in check before you go giving moral lectures.

Gorgeous artwork!

"Who wouldn't go out with the Black Widow? I'd strangle a litter of kittens for one dinner with her!"
    Adrian Toomes aka the Vulture

"Natasha Romanoff, A.K.A. Black Widow - ex-KGB, formerly with S.H.I.E.L.D...Probably the brains of this operation.I have followed her career, and she has been consistently UNDERRATED."

So tribal xenophobia is perfectly acceptable? At least you recognize it as conservative right wing rhetoric.

- I realize "New Conservatives" are all about "me, me, me" and not really wanting to help anyone else out (because that would be "charity") but alas, the Statue of Liberty disagrees with you.
    Don't dismiss the New Conservatives being selfish as not wanting to give charity. After all, it is charity that grants them tax loopholes.
    Last edited by Leach; 05-19-2016 at 07:16 AM.

I want my Sharon Carter back...

"Who wouldn't go out with the Black Widow? I'd strangle a litter of kittens for one dinner with her!"
    Adrian Toomes aka the Vulture

"Natasha Romanoff, A.K.A. Black Widow - ex-KGB, formerly with S.H.I.E.L.D...Probably the brains of this operation.I have followed her career, and she has been consistently UNDERRATED."

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Coolatta View Post
    Reasonable? Oh that's right, Trump is the GOPnnominee. His Hitler rhetoric isn't reasonable but it is mainstream.

What superheroes would be against tolerance? Captain America should be a bigot like the Red Skull?
    Yes, seriously. The Red Skull is espousing views that the Red Skull would have. If you feel what he says mirrors your beliefs, you might need to rethink how "reasonable" your beliefs are.

Oh Jesus Christ. I'm not a conservative, but this has got to be the most idiotic "holier than thou" BS I've read in a while. Don't pretend to understand all the facets and legalities and details of the Bundy situation. And if you wanna be that bleeding heart liberal at least use proper terminology. The words you're looking for are "Native Americans" not "Indians." India is country on the other side of the world in Asia. And if you wanna bitch about that land belonging to Native Americans I hope you plan on giving up your house to a family of descendants who lost their land to appease your white guilt.

Team DD +++ BuckyNat Master Man's Avatar

Ah, so the Red Skull is a anti-hero now? NICE!

HAIL HYDRA!
    Currently reading:
    - Gangsta.
    - Gangsta. Cursed
    - Tokyo Ghoul:re

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Parker View Post
    Are all the new #1's $5 books?
    A lot of them are now.