View Poll Results: How do you rate Meredith Finch's run of Wonder Woman?

Voters
66. You may not vote on this poll
  • A. Fantastic, gripping. You couldn't wait to read it each month and reread it over and over.

1 1.52%
  • B. Ups & downs, but you looked forward to it every month

1 1.52%
  • C.Satisfactory. You enjoyed reading it, but there were some significant things you'd change.

2 3.03%
  • You're still buying for completeness or just because its WW. There was much you would change.

18 27.27%
  • Not for you. Maybe you dropped it.

38 57.58%
  • You didn't read enough of it to feel that you can judge it.

6 9.09%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    They did. That seems to be what people disliked about the run. Also, what status quo?
    Stuff like;
    > killing off all the Amazon men as opposed to actually doing something with them
    > brining back all the dead Gods

Essentially, everything is as it was set back to when Azzarello's run began
    #InGunnITrust, #ZackSnyderistheBlueprint, #ReleasetheAyerCut

Astonishing Member

So far, out of the 48 people who feel that they have read enough of the FInch run to judge, the number who found it "satisfactory" or better is...two. Two. I guess that means it has about a 96% percent disapproval rating. Whether or not you consider it one of the the worst Wonder Woman runs ever, is it fair to say it was one of the worst -received runs ever (at least around here)?

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Silvanus View Post
    So far, out of the 48 people who feel that they have read enough of the FInch run to judge, the number who found it "satisfactory" or better is...two. Two. I guess that means it has about a 96% percent disapproval rating. Whether or not you consider it one of the the worst Wonder Woman runs ever, is it fair to say it was one of the worst -received runs ever (at least around here)?
    I was looking at the poll results of previous team's run. The difference is huge, around 80% had positive reaction.

http://community.comicbookresources....inal-Judgement
    Last edited by Rig; 05-25-2016 at 12:11 PM.

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

The ONLY thing I even remotely remember from their run was the atrocity that was Donna Troy.

BANNED

I actually preferred this run to Azzarello's. I'm by no means saying it was any good but I hated Azzarello's run more than any other on Wonder Woman

Boing Boing Baggies. Baggie_Saiyan's Avatar

Dropped it midway through the second arc. The first arc was surprisingly okay.
    "Yes...Mondo Cool"- Vegeta.

Incredible Member steeplejack2112's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Icefalcon View Post
    I actually preferred this run to Azzarello's. I'm by no means saying it was any good but I hated Azzarello's run more than any other on Wonder Woman
    I'm in agreement with you.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Icefalcon View Post
    I can respect that. This is the problem for the Finches' run, though: the most favorable comments it gets are those that say it was at least not as bad as Azzarello's, even though it may not have been any good. Azz's, by contrast, while it may have been the worst WW run ever to some, was also one of the best to others.

Well, I did it. I read the Finch run. It actually reminds me a lot of Rucka's run. There are some clear plot lines went no where (Wonder Woman discovered a Manazon in the jungle and this was never touched upon again. Her new armour too), some plotlines were just abandoned (What happened to Donna Troy? What happened to Aegeus?), and some things made no sense (If you intentionally push a woman to the floor and she cracks her head open, that is not an accident. It's manslaughter at a minimum.)

I would place it above most Wonder Woman authors, certainly Rucka's. The Finch's have an understanding of what type of Wonder Woman I like and it shows that they went out of there way to show her natural deposition towards forgiveness, and non-violence.

> I seem to remember controversy at the outset of this run when Ms. Finch said this work wasn't going to have feminist tones and oh boy! Most of the evil women in this book are motivated by a desire to be with a man and their conflict with Wonder Woman resolves immediately upon being reunited with them.
    > If the entire run was nothing but one shots like the Dr. Poison and Cheetah stories, this would have been a very good piece of work.
    > I like the art for the most part.
    > some panels were off. For instance in issue #45, Wonder Woman's legs appear flying off the panel and its implied that Donna punched her, but no panel of Donna punching her was shown. Also the panel itself no sense of motion to it, so it look like WW legs are hovering.
    > I don't like how it returns everything to a status quo at the end. It sort of sets the clock back on the occurrences that happened in Azzarello's run. Tha manozons are no more, the dead Gods are alive again, Zues is an adult, WW is still a God of War though, I think, maybe. Though Aries and WW are now antagonists again.

I'd give it a solid B- (a 'C' according to your scale). I understand though if other authors would choose to ignore this run though. Rucka should just do his own thing and not pay attention to this, which I imagine he is doing.
    #InGunnITrust, #ZackSnyderistheBlueprint, #ReleasetheAyerCut

Extraordinary Member Dr. Poison's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Pinsir View Post
    Well, I did it. I read the Finch run. It actually reminds me a lot of Rucka's run. There are some clear plot lines went no where (Wonder Woman discovered a Manazon in the jungle and this was never touched upon again. Her new armour too), some plotlines were just abandoned (What happened to Donna Troy? What happened to Aegeus?), and some things made no sense (If you intentionally push a woman to the floor and she cracks her head open, that is not an accident. It's manslaughter at a minimum.)

I would place it above most Wonder Woman authors, certainly Rucka's. The Finch's have an understanding of what type of Wonder Woman I like and it shows that they went out of there way to show her natural deposition towards forgiveness, and non-violence.

> I seem to remember controversy at the outset of this run when Ms. Finch said this work wasn't going to have feminist tones and oh boy! Most of the evil women in this book are motivated by a desire to be with a man and their conflict with Wonder Woman resolves immediately upon being reunited with them.
    > If the entire run was nothing but one shots like the Dr. Poison and Cheetah stories, this would have been a very good piece of work.
    > some panels were off. For instance in issue #45, Wonder Woman's legs appear flying off the panel and its implied that Donna punched her, but no panel of Donna punching her was shown. Also the panel itself no sense of motion to it, so it look like WW legs are hovering.
    > I don't like how it returns everything to a status quo at the end. It sort of sets the clock back on the occurrences that happened in Azzarello's run. Tha manozons are no more, the dead Gods are alive again, Zues is an adult, WW is still a God of War though, I think, maybe. Though Aries and WW are now antagonists again.

I'd give it a solid B- (a 'C' according to your scale). I understand though if other authors would choose to ignore this run though. Rucka should just do his own thing and not pay attention to this, which I imagine he is doing.

Donna's story picked up in Titans Hunt #1.

I'm also disappointed that we never found out the fate of Aegeus or the lone surviving Manazon but my guess is that Rebirth cut short Meredith's plans for the book.
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Alan Scott: Green Lantern, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Fire & Ice: Welcome to Smallville, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Society of America, Power Girl, Superman, Shazam, Titans, Wesley Dodds: Sandman, Wonder Woman, & World's Finest: Teen Titans.

Quote Originally Posted by Silvanus View Post
    Sometimes you just have to admit something was absolute garbage. I can't recall a WW team that was received more negatively by fans and critics ... Perhaps Byrne/Deodato, but even that era had its hard core fans.

Quote Originally Posted by Pinsir View Post

Seriously? The issue where she attacks Swamp Thing for no reason springs to mind as her being rather violent. And I'd be fine with the forgiveness angle if ti didn't make Diana look like a moron.