• Stray Bullets The Killers #4

1 3.33%
  • Trees #2

1 3.33%
  • Other

0 0%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Image Comic of the Week June 25 2014 - Saga #20, Invincible #112, Deadly Class #6, Outcast #1

The Wicked + The Divine made a very strong debut capturing 50% of the votes (15) last week for best Image title. It was the most votes we've had thus far for favorite comic of the week, easily delivering on the hype going in.

This is a monster week for Image titles as we have Kirkman debut his new horror series Outcast #1. Two Comic of the Week winners from last month are back in Saga #20 and Deadly Class #6. Saga and Invincible are following incredible issues from last month, lots of buzz for these coming into this week. I picked up a fat stack of comics this week but I'm reading Saga #20 last. I'm quite nervous to read it in fact, don't want my heart crushed before I get to enjoy all the incredible comics out this week.

Picks for the Week

Last edited by Groo Odyssey; 06-25-2014 at 12:28 PM.

When Invincible comes out, it is the comic of the week.
    My comicartfans.com collection. Lots of Ryan Ottley:
    http://www.comicartfans.com/GalleryD...asp?GCat=49719

Invincible universe wiki (work in progress):
    http://invincibleuniverse.wikia.com/..._Universe_Wiki

Quote Originally Posted by capuga View Post
    When Invincible comes out, it is the comic of the week.
    LOL . Can you at least try to read some of the other titles first? Lots of good stuff this week. I'm not voting this week until I read everything.

Quote Originally Posted by Groo Odyssey View Post
    LOL . Can you at least try to read some of the other titles first? Lots of good stuff this week. I'm not voting this week until I read everything.
    Ha, I do read all my Image books before voting in non-Invincible weeks.
    My comicartfans.com collection. Lots of Ryan Ottley:
    http://www.comicartfans.com/GalleryD...asp?GCat=49719

Invincible universe wiki (work in progress):
    http://invincibleuniverse.wikia.com/..._Universe_Wiki

Hands down..
    #MagnetoWasRight

I know that once I read Chew it will get my vote, because it's Chew... but I wanted to say Mercenary Sea was really good this month.

Incredible Member

This is a tough one. Loved The Fuse, The Mercenary Sea and Deadly Class. I think I'll go with Deadly Class because of the narration on the last page. It really evoked memories of my childhood. I feel bad not choosing Mercenary Sea just based on the art style of the entire series alone.

Saga is getting really dark man.........

Unfortunately until I get the 2nd and 3rd Saga trades I won't be able to read the single issues, but I do have 19 and 20 in my box.

Invincible 112 was pretty good albeit was a shock issues with deaths as opposed to much storyline movement other than the villains advancement of his heinous plans.

And I haven't read the rest yet........been slow this week on my reading since I've got a huge list of trades on the shelf that need reading and more every week.

COWL hasn't hit its stride, but im hoping the overall first arc is good.

Trees was okay, but I expect it to continue getting better.

Outcast I can't wait to read, Kirkman makes gold out of most of his books.

I want to get into Peter Panzerfaust. Internet searches say its good, but I hear very little on the boards.

Seriously you guys should read Chew this month if for no other reason than to see a kangaroo moo (and Layman make fun of himself).

Quote Originally Posted by Conway View Post
    Seriously you guys should read Chew this month if for no other reason than to see a kangaroo moo (and Layman make fun of himself).
    I'm getting Chew in the deluxe hardcover format. Amazon has it here in Canada for for 47% off and it's cheaper than in the US, plus it's in Canadian currency, so sick. Lots of catching up for me. I'm kind of a completist though, as I like to start getting the floppies from the beginning. I only started collecting comics this year otherwise I would be buying Chew week to week.

I'll be getting Poyo Chicken though.
    Anne Bonnie, Princess Ugg, Five Ghosts, Saga, Rat Queens, Groo, Goon, Usagi Yojimbo, Sixth Gun, Wasteland, Courtney Crumrin, Jonah Hex, Walking Dead, Manifest Destiny, God Hates Astronauts, Spread, Fearless Dawn, Nailbiter, Copperhead, Stray Bullets, Birthright, Bone, Lazarus

Quote Originally Posted by The Doctor View Post

I want to get into Peter Panzerfaust. Internet searches say its good, but I hear very little on the boards.
    Do it, it's really good. I'm also surprised there isn't more buzz for this title here on this board. I think this is one title that is overlooked each month because Image is putting out so many great titles at the moment.
    Anne Bonnie, Princess Ugg, Five Ghosts, Saga, Rat Queens, Groo, Goon, Usagi Yojimbo, Sixth Gun, Wasteland, Courtney Crumrin, Jonah Hex, Walking Dead, Manifest Destiny, God Hates Astronauts, Spread, Fearless Dawn, Nailbiter, Copperhead, Stray Bullets, Birthright, Bone, Lazarus

My three favorite Image comics came out this week (Saga, Chew, Deadly Class) and I thought they all delivered. This was a very hard vote for me as I liked them all very much. I ultimately went with Deadly Class as I thought that was the best read from start-to-finish and kept me the most hooked.
    Image Comics (TPB):
    Saga, Southern Bastards, Injection, Descender, Deadly Class, Chew, Black Magick

DC Rebirth (Digital):
    The Flash, Batman, Green Lanterns, Aquaman

"Comic Book Reviewer" InformationGeek's Avatar

OH... big week. Much better than last week for sure. Here's how it all came out from best to worst...

Outcast
    C.O.W.L.
    Chew
    Revival
    Deadly Class
    Saga
    Sovereign

So Outcast was the best of the week for me while Sovereign was the worst it was quite the stinker sadly. So much potential... such poor delivery.

Love Saga, but I think this month's Invincible was the best comic of the week.