• Stray Bullets The Killers #4

1 3.33%
  • Trees #2

1 3.33%
  • Other

0 0%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Invincible #112 **** - Very good. Have to admit the story part could have been better, but the fallout from all that's happening is going to be huge. I guess this will be a good time to shed the spotlight on some other characters and make room for new people to come along. Very close with Outcast for comic of the week, but I'm a huge Invincible fan so it gets the tie-breaker.

Outcast #1 **** - A solid start to his new series. I wasn't entirely sure what the book was going to be at first, but I like the direction they're going. I fail to see how this books storyline will be able to go on for a ton of issues, but I could be proven wrong.

C.O.W.L. #2 *** - Getting a little bit better. I'm getting the hang of who is who, which is usually something I have a hard time with if there are a lot of characters. I think this book has a ton of potential to be good.

Trees #2 **.5 - Not sure where they're going with the series kind of meh so far. I'm extremely curious about what's going on and the future possibilities of aliens and stuff, but as of right now I'm kind of bored with this book.

Saga #20 N/A - Like I said I'm behind so I won't read it until I'm caught up on the series.

Chew, Revival and Saga were all brilliant as always! Such a good week having all three of them at once

But honestly, I think I enjoyed Outcast the most. I just absolutely loved it!!
    Current Favourites: Ascender, Daredevil, Department Of Truth, Haha, Immortal Hulk, Luna and Strange Academy

Recent Favourites: Coffin Bound, Faithless, Gideon Falls and She Could Fly

They/Them

Yeah Saga edges out Revival for me. To be honest it wasn't the strongest issue yet, in my opinion. There are a lot of new characters entering the fray right now who don't get a whole lot to do yet. However it surprised as usual, and I just really like all these characters! Also, do any of you people read the letters every month? Saga attacts absolutely stellar readers it seems, sometimes touching, sometimes nonsensical, sometimes contemplative -- but lots of interesting stories of fellow readers.
    All the cool cats are reading CBR's Community Standards & Rules!

CBR got me like.. Maxpower00044's Avatar

Best to Worst (all were still really good):

Deadly Class
    Outcast
    Saga
    COWL
    Trees
    "The more 'realistic' superheroes become the less believable they are." - David Mazzucchelli

Quote Originally Posted by TotalSnorefest View Post
    Yeah Saga edges out Revival for me. To be honest it wasn't the strongest issue yet, in my opinion. There are a lot of new characters entering the fray right now who don't get a whole lot to do yet. However it surprised as usual, and I just really like all these characters! Also, do any of you people read the letters every month? Saga attacts absolutely stellar readers it seems, sometimes touching, sometimes nonsensical, sometimes contemplative -- but lots of interesting stories of fellow readers.
    I love the letters column. The letters page in comics has always been one of my favorite things to read, something you miss out on collected editions. I'm glad BKV and Fiona has made it a big part of the series. I think there were 4 pages of it this issue. My favorite letter in the series so far is the one where someone visited his brother in the penitentiary and gave him a copy of Saga volume 1. Saga became a hit sensation there and the phenomenon spread all through the facility. Every time his brother visits, they're trying to get him to bring the next volume. LOL, fun letter.
    Anne Bonnie, Princess Ugg, Five Ghosts, Saga, Rat Queens, Groo, Goon, Usagi Yojimbo, Sixth Gun, Wasteland, Courtney Crumrin, Jonah Hex, Walking Dead, Manifest Destiny, God Hates Astronauts, Spread, Fearless Dawn, Nailbiter, Copperhead, Stray Bullets, Birthright, Bone, Lazarus

I only picked up C.O.W.L. #2 and Mercenary Sea #5. Both were fantastic. If I had to pick one over the other I'd go with Mercenary Sea over C.OW.L. but only because C.O.W.L. is still in the process of fleshing things out.

Quote Originally Posted by Groo Odyssey View Post
    I love the letters column. The letters page in comics has always been one of my favorite things to read, something you miss out on collected editions. I'm glad BKV and Fiona has made it a big part of the series. I think there were 4 pages of it this issue. My favorite letter in the series so far is the one where someone visited his brother in the penitentiary and gave him a copy of Saga volume 1. Saga became a hit sensation there and the phenomenon spread all through the facility. Every time his brother visits, they're trying to get him to bring the next volume. LOL, fun letter.
    Yeah I tend to read them all the time, also in other comics. Recently found some old translated Spider-Man issues from the early JMS-era. Contained some letters explaining how they were going to set up an 'e-mail box' with detailed instructions on how to e-mail them and stuff. Saga has a lot of stand-outs so far, that marriage proposal but especially the follow-up were really touching. Also loved the one in this issue (#20) from the Navy guy. Interesting to read those kinda uncommon viewpoints.
    All the cool cats are reading CBR's Community Standards & Rules!