Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast
    Super Moderator

Default Jennifer Lawrence Says Fox "Should Be Terrified" Of Her "X-Men" Contract

The Mystique actor said that when it comes to signing on for more X-Men films, it's either all or nothing in regards to her co-stars.

Full article here.

Astonishing Member RobinFan4880's Avatar

I am so sick of Mystique. She's an ok villain, maybe anti-hero, but she has been pulling way too much focus in these movies. I want Fassbender and McAvoy to come back, I don't need to see more Mystique.

Mighty Member

If none of them come back? I will be surprisingly OK with it.

Magneto and Fassbender are great, but the character needs a break. McAvoy and Professor X are a great plus, but will not make or break the franchise... who doesn't want to see Storm as the leader of the X-Men? Lawrence is great, but Mystique is meh, no great loss there...

After the Wolverine Swan Song they need to scrap everybody but the cast of Deadpool and Build a new Fox movie universe around Ryan Reynolds' Deadpool with no connection aside from 4th wall breaks to what came before. I don't want Deadpool 2 Tarnished by the Bryan Singer Fox-Meh salute to mediocrity.

Spectacular Member
    Octavius Core...wishing the doors would open...

Given how pissed Jennifer Lawrence was whe the Sony hack revealed her male co-stars were paid well more than her. I would imagine matching pay was apart of that talk and I, for one, do not hold that against her.

eh, give Mags a break. Sick of mystique anyway.

just cast some rando actor and give Xavier enough lines to give them a mission and then pull him from the movie. Too much focus on him too,.

If they are going to stick with the boring X-men anyway

Rather they go X-force with the good ones
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Spectacular Member

mehhh...really don't care if I never see her Mystique again

I think she is clearly referring to a friendly pact she made with McAvoy and Fassbender, not an actual contract stipulation. It sounds like they may each take that into consideration when deciding whether or not to do more films.

Personally, as weird as it is that Mystique has been so disproportionately prominent in the movies, what I'd love even more is an X-Men movie that finally gets away from Xavier and Magneto. Perpetually framing everything within their specific ideological conflict, with only maybe Wolverine or Mystique rising to the level of "metaphorical human football," has given the franchise a weird patriarchal bent that the comics almost never had. Maybe Apocalypse will be better, but I'm expecting Dad #3. I'd love to see a more egalitarian ensemble movie, with Storm, Scott, Jean, Kurt etc. and their various interpersonal dynamics driving the stories. Send them on an adventure and leave dads at home!

Fantastic Member

She portrays a shape shifter.

It's not that difficult an issue to get around if she decides not to reappear.

Quote Originally Posted by TheIronDuck View Post
    After the Wolverine Swan Song they need to scrap everybody but the cast of Deadpool and Build a new Fox movie universe around Ryan Reynolds' Deadpool with no connection aside from 4th wall breaks to what came before. I don't want Deadpool 2 Tarnished by the Bryan Singer Fox-Meh salute to mediocrity.
    They aren't going to ditch the younglings they just cast.

Incredible Member

I'm not terrified one bit that Jennifer Lawrence may not be coming back. I'm tired of her "this is me, I'm a real person, not Hollywood" schtick (sp?). Also, I suspect people are getting burned out on her. She may want to make as much money as she can now. I can potentially see her having trouble getting movie roles in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by RobinFan4880 View Post
    They aren't going to ditch the younglings they just cast.
    Younglings that are supposed to be a decade older two years from now. they'll ditch the younglings if the movie flops. fingers crossed.

Quote Originally Posted by trooper_thorn View Post
    She portrays a shape shifter.

It's not that difficult an issue to get around if she decides not to reappear.
    Which would explain how Mystique went from girl next door pretty to Rebecca Romijn attractive. Also, not going to lie, the First class took place in the 60's while the original X-Men movie took place in 2000-ish. Mystique was probably 20-ish in First Class. That means she was in her late 50's or early 60's when the original X-Men movie occurred.

Spectacular Member

I could see several Fox executives having massive strokes after hearing this news. It would be hilarious if they fail to resign JL and she signs on for Captain Marvel.

Jennifer checked out in DoFP, it is just written on her face. She seemingly has done the same here. Fass and Mac are great, but yet again we will be force fed popular characters until we are sick of it. I remember once in my life I used to love Wolverine.