Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast
    Fantastic Member SchismOfMadroces's Avatar

Default Spoilers / Review: X-Force #6

Because you (that's you, MetalPsyc!) demanded it!

Preview pages as normal. Volga has Marrow, Psylocke, and Fantomex is statis tubes. Meme is locked up in the computers. Cable is blow'd up.

Flashback to the arms fair at Alexandria. All the art is done with a grainy, washed-out look to simulate video footage, which was a nice touch. A human rights lawyer is present, giving a speech about arms trade reform to boos and jeers. Hope likes her to Cable's dismay. The lawyer comes forward as a recently-manifested mutant, but before she can really continue with her speech, Volga's musical virus triggers her to start to go explodo. Cable tries to intervene, but is shot in the hand by one of Volga's goons with a dart containing the Morituri virus. Cable attemps an emergency amputation to stop the virus spreading, but Hope tries to intervene, copying the Morituri virus as well. Cable bodyslides out before the lawyer explodes, and then back in. He finds Fantomex and Marrow among the wreckage.

Back to Volga's ship, Cable and Nemesis make a dynamic entrance. Science!

Cable does his best Trinity impression on Volga. Volga demonstrates his immunity to headshots as well as his expository skills. Cable's original body is in stasis since the Alexandria incident, in order to keep Morituri in check for as long as possible. The Cables we've seen in the series thus far have been daily clones who are controlled by the 90's headpiece.

X-Force is sprung by Nemesis and the requisite fight ensues. Nemesis provides Meme with new toys. Psylocke takes over Marrow, who is still in shock over last issue's revelations, in order to kill a bunch of goons. Nemesis compliments Fantomex and gets this week's most surprising panel as a reward! Mwah. Psylocke is then given a copy of the musical virus, which she psychicly broadcasts to the goons who are summarily bodyslid into orbit.

Volga hulks out on his bestest sexytimes concoction. Cable slugs him in the beanbags. Volga, seeing he's pretty much lost, activates his own Morituri to keep them all from learning anything further by blowing himself, themselves, and his whole base up. The teleporter's still charging, so Marrow creates a boneshield around the team while Volga and Cable blow up.

Aftermath #1: The team survives. Fantomex notes that Cable's dead again and wonders if that even matters.

Aftermath #2: Volga lives on in as a monologuing fartcloud. One of Meme's drones manages to catch this.

Aftermath #3: The team is informed of Volga. The newest Cable-clone is decanted and further info is given on how long his real body will last. Cable asks for a moment alone with his daughter at which point Psylocke reveals to the reader that the real Meme has been braindead since the team rescued her and the Meme on the team is really Hope copying her powers.

BANNED

]For every clone cable is dying slowly, that last line he says about never forgetting puts in perspective issue#1 (or was it 2) Pov. Hope =meme through her powers is touching, and finally fantomex showing his appreciation.

Great issue.

I can't wait to see where Spurrier goes from here.

Quote Originally Posted by SchismOfMadroces View Post
    Aftermath #2: Volga lives on in as a monologuing fartcloud. One of Meme's drones manages to catch this.
    An awesome review for an awesome issue.

Seriously Mr. Martz needs to start mailing some of the other x-writers this book and with a post-it saying "This is how it's done"
    I'm a freedom fighter
    I drink apple cider

Each issue of X-Force gets better and better. I love what Spurrier's doing! Can we just give him the keys to the franchise at this point?

BANNED

Well, they are clearly hunting Volga and by the way they cross paths with MI:13 and Domino team up with X-force suggest they are doing so by any means much like UXF vol.1

Meme being dead is the one they are avenging. Interesting! I believe the issue said from the issue she was brain dead from the time she was rescued.

Fantastic Member SchismOfMadroces's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by harashkupo View Post
    An awesome review for an awesome issue.

Seriously Mr. Martz needs to start mailing some of the other x-writers this book and with a post-it saying "This is how it's done"
    Thanks!

I can't wait to see what Spurrier has in store for us next. Bring on Domino and MI:13!

Quote Originally Posted by SchismOfMadroces View Post
    Thanks!

I can't wait to see what Spurrier has in store for us next. Bring on Domino and MI:13!
    You're welcome, it was a good review.

Domino is always fun and having both her and Wisdom underneath Spurrier's pen is going is going to be a treat. I'm just hoping that this will not be the last we see of Molina. He's been incredible and I hope he'll be rotated back in soon.
    I'm a freedom fighter
    I drink apple cider

wonderful comic. someone please give spurrier more work. this is such a refreshing read. and i am looking forward to domino next month.

I am going to indulge by sitting down and rereading the whole first arc now, to savor all the little hints and nuances now that we've had the big reveals. This is really such a great book. I wish there was a way to get more word-of-mouth out there and maybe help its sale figures. It deserves to stick around as long as Spurrier wants to write it.

Awesome issue. This conclusion sure delivered. And that ending with Hope. Did not see that coming.

All-New Member

This was amazing!!! Didn't see that ending at all!!!!!

"An army of me will hunt you through Hell!"

Damn, Cable was freakin' badASS in this! Loved it. Best book Marvel is putting out right now IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    "An army of me will hunt you through Hell!"

Damn, Cable was freakin' badASS in this! Loved it. Best book Marvel is putting out right now IMO.
    He's already buried one kid he's not keen on doing it again.

Ha, I called it! I knew there was something with that "Cable is my..." line. I even suggested that MeMe was Hope's consciousness. Then I thought it wasn't possible cause we saw both bodies. Spurrier is just a terrific writer. Damn, this series is good!

Cable just stepped up to all kinds of awesome. 1990's headband and humorless notwithstanding lol

Looking forward to seeing Spurrier's take on Domino!