Page 16 of 35 FirstFirst ... 612131415161718192026 ... LastLast

Thread: It's leaked.

spoilers:
    Three Jokers and Diana's twin brother
    end of spoilers... It's just dumb and lame. I'm happy spoilers:
    Wally
    end of spoilers is back though!

So I looked at the spoilers on Bleeding Cool. A bit confused. I get a certain fan fave is back. Ok, but can someone give me a Rebirth for dummies explanation of these spoilors and what they actually mean? Thanks!

It's just a bit hard to follow all this in the 16 pages thread we have going on here

Quote Originally Posted by Xhatch View Post
    So I looked at the spoilers on Bleeding Cool. A bit confused. I get a certain fan fave is back. Ok, but can someone give me a Rebirth for dummies explanation of these spoilors and what they actually mean? Thanks!

It's just a bit hard to follow all this in the 16 pages thread we have going on here
    spoilers:
    A majorly powerful character from an alternate reality tried his hand at being God, but something (possibly the taint of his own reality or someone evil interfering) twisted the result and made a darker version of the the DCU.
    The heroes don't realize that they've had their lives changed.
    Things begin to unravel with the reappearance of the one person who's been trapped outside of the changes and has a mission to get things right.
    He just needs to convince everyone that they've all been deceived and then find someone powerful enough to dispel the darkness.
    It would actually make an interesting sci-fi movie.
    end of spoilers
    "There's magic in the sound of analog audio." - CNET.

Quote Originally Posted by Endsong View Post
    As at least one person has pointed out though, on some level it DOES make sense. On a few others, admittedly, it doesn't. But it rationalizes the characterizations that the Joker has had over the past nearly 100 years and the fact that they've all been so radically different, and how he's managed to "come back from the death" despite the fact that for all intents and purposes he shouldn't have been able to. The answer is simple - at least a few of those times, he didn't. Yeah, it makes Batman seem kind of... dumb, for not realizing that they're all different people, but it isn't the first time Batman has done something that's, frankly, idiotic. Do I need to remind people of War Games? That's in continuity again now because of this.
    Its something that is rationalized for someone who doesn't have any clue about Batman comics for the past 2 decades. Which I think fits Johns quite well
    You'd also have to incorrectly assume the Joker as a character began as the silver age version and then only suddenly changed after TKJ which is also false.
    Are you going to have 3 versions of every batman villain now as well because the same applies to all of them and how they have changed over the years.

Now you have 3 versions of the same character all acting the same way more or less with the same gimmick because its too hard for people to understand what Morrison wrote?

So is the New 52 continuity still separate from the pre-Flashpoint continuity? Or are they now combined?

I don't really understand.

Amazing Member

may DC burn for this load of shiiiiiiiite

Quote Originally Posted by brandnewfan View Post
    So is the New 52 continuity still separate from the pre-Flashpoint continuity? Or are they now combined?

I don't really understand.
    It appears that it never was separate to begin with.
    The characters just didn't know it.

New52 looks to be a larger scale Parallax-type reshaping that's coming undone with the arrival of the one character who was absent from the changes.

Btw... I think it's a safe bet that Rebirth will be topping the reorders chart.
    Last edited by Lee Stone; 05-21-2016 at 05:49 AM.

Just read the spoilers, I am also someone who can't resist them..
    My feelings on the 4 points, 1... No surprise but is back as what he was originally or what he was when he disappeared..
    2.... WTF!! Lol... Have to see how this works out before passing judgement, though it doesn't sound plausible to me
    3.... Fantastic, I'm really happy about this... Just hope they get used correctly by DC
    4.... Hmmm... Interesting to say the least, definitely going to be an either love it or hate it thing

This has definitely raised my levels of interest in rebirth and this issue can't get through my letter box quick enough... I also think this has been 'leaked' purposely by DC as I think this will increase sales.

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Stone View Post
    spoilers:
    A majorly powerful character from an alternate reality tried his hand at being God, but something (possibly the taint of his own reality or someone evil interfering) twisted the result and made a darker version of the the DCU.
    The heroes don't realize that they've had their lives changed.
    Things begin to unravel with the reappearance of the one person who's been trapped outside of the changes and has a mission to get things right.
    He just needs to convince everyone that they've all been deceived and then find someone powerful enough to dispel the darkness.
    It would actually make an interesting sci-fi movie.
    end of spoilers
    Ok thanks! Still feels like no matter what DC do, a lot of stuff just isn't ever going to add up right. But the only thing I'd love to come of all of this is that the DC universe can become a brighter, more hopeful place & that many (not all) of the comics will reflect that change.

combining both universes is fine
    You kill and replace the characters that don't work like nu 52 supes,black wally west etc
    Have an unsaid history that the characters forgot
    Then you just return to business as usual

Not sure how the age situation will work out. If Damian is 13 does that mean Batman has been active for 15 years instead of 5-6?

So when none of these reboots work for DC I wonder what their next step will be

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Stone View Post
    It appears that it never was separate to begin with.
    The characters just didn't know it.

New52 looks to be a larger scale Parallax-type reshaping that's coming undone with the arrival of the one character who was absent from the changes.

Btw... I think it's a safe bet that Rebirth will be topping the reorders chart.
    But then this Wally should be close to 30 if he was absent from all the changes the New 52 brought, right? Why is he still in his kid flash suit?

Quote Originally Posted by Xhatch View Post
    Ok thanks! Still feels like no matter what DC do, a lot of stuff just isn't ever going to add up right. But the only thing I'd love to come of all of this is that the DC universe can become a brighter, more hopeful place & that many (not all) of the comics will reflect that change.
    I believe it will.
    The dialogue in the pages speaks about how the universe has been darker in tone. So that's being acknowledged.
    And then the Aquaman page lifts a certain ban DC has had since 2011.

Quote Originally Posted by Badou View Post
    But then this Wally should be close to 30 if he was absent from all the changes the New 52 brought, right? Why is he still in his kid flash suit?
    I guess we'll find out.
    :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Badou View Post
    Yea, Wally is supposed to be the missing Titan. And I read elsewhere that he's been de-aged closer to the rest of the Titans Hunt teams ages. Which puts it in line this still being a separate continuity...? Idk

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GodofBoredom View Post
    That's the part that makes the least amount of sense.

What's the point of bringing Superdad into the Universe, when New 52 Superman is already supposedly New 52 AND pre-Flashpoint, just with history/memory erased?

It's like...just restore New 52's memory and that's it.
    Convergence messed up the timeline, it's not that hard to understand. Superdad was here before the loss of time came