Page 13 of 21 FirstFirst ... 391011121314151617 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    Wouldn't completely shock me. But I continue to hold out hope they have a little more respect to readers than that. But again, wouldn't shock me if they didn't.
    I think it's fair to say it's time to abandon hope that DC would respect readers of Superman based on today's standalone REBIRTH issue for Superdad.

And it does not shock me one bit either that DC chose this route.

Omnes Viae Ad Infernum 666MasterOfPuppets's Avatar
    The legendary Fortress Of Solitude, the strangest place on earth

Quote Originally Posted by adrikito View Post
    Darkseid's death must have been what it closed new52 not the death of superman.. It is the fall of a great character(the first villain of the Justice League in new52) and you know that he will come back... He returned as a baby.

I think about this and I say.. Superwoman another character with the powers of superman Dying(but Lana no) as in the case of New52 superman exist another Lois... Buy this comic end in disappointment? Possibly.. 5 years of superman not seem to have meant anything.

Without another stupid death warning I think the comic of superwoman could sell more of what eventually will sell.. I think any fan to back down in this comic especially if this person would like new52 superman..
    Yeah, 5 years of n52 didn't mean anything for DC, and they want the fans of that same version to think the same. Just to go along. So they go ahead and throw us a dump truck full of sh*t: "there was no legacy", "it built a brickwall between them and the previous stories", and my favorite: "love was stolen".

As for Superwoman, I really am not interested in her. But you may be right.

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    You're right about the plot thing. I think one of the 52's biggest flaws was their willingness to drop ideas at the first sign they weren't being considered the biggest best new thing ever.

Like, that whole Daemonite invasion, that could have been one hell of a great story if DC had had the balls to carry through. Yeah, the books that were building it up didnt do too well and most of them ended up cancelled, but the invasion itself? Not only could that have made for a pretty sweet line-wide Event (one Id actually be willing to check out despite my general dislike for big Events) but it could have helped generate some buzz for the titles that started it, built some back-issue action, and lead to a resurgence of those characters/titles.

But whether Johns actually pulls the trigger on this theoretical bigger story or not doesnt mean that isnt the plan right now.

And of course all this crap about "Oh the DCU got so dark and grim and we want to fix it!" is a load of sh*t. They're the ones who made it that way a decade ago (though its not like dark stories were new to DC even then; this is the company that made Roy Harper a junkie back in the 70's and had Canary raped, among other things).

That hypocrisy is one of the big reasons Im dropping so much of my DC pull. They say one thing, do another, then pass the buck to the nearest scapegoat as soon as the thing doesnt work.
    Yes. And they manage to say it all with such a straight face. Their job, I suppose.

Hell, I had even forgotten about the daemonite invasion. Completely agree, and it's further proof IMO that they simply don't know what the hell they're doing. It is OK to play it by ear in some cases, but not all the time, dammit. You gotta have a direction, right? And whatever inconsistencies/ bad things n52 had, they COULD have been fixed with good writing AND a PLAN.

As for n52 being dark and grim, yeah, I'm not so sure. Like you said, pre-FP DC had some pretty damned dark stories, like Identity Crisis. And if that were the case, it would come down (again) to just better writing. Better stories. But noooo... they had to kill off Superman and bring Superdad back, because THAT will fix bad writing.

As for Johns, yeah, I know. However, I get the feeling we won't be seeing "Mr. Oz" for a while. And not just because -in my case at least- we are DROPPING the Superbooks (you hear, DC?), but because, well, he'll simply will not appear.
    Last edited by 666MasterOfPuppets; 06-06-2016 at 09:50 AM.

Celestial Centurion Caelestial5595's Avatar

lol. Clearly, "knowing what the hell they're doing" hasn't been part of the job description for a long time.

What sucks is that I've really tried. Even duruing my few months of airing my frustrations here, I've tried to find something, anything that might grab my interest for this direction, that could potentially lead to me warming up. Just hasn't happened. I have just never been so utterly and completely disinterested in a Superman direction in all my 2+ decades of reading. Even during my brief 2000s sabbatical when I'd check in every now and again to see what was going on, even though often times confused and critical, there was an interest there, wondering how this happened and whatnot. With this...I just don't care. At all. Nothing about these characters intrigue me. I don't care about their origins, I don't care about their growth, nothing. They were introduced as anomalies and they're always be anomalies in my eyes regardless of the bad retconning. The only thing keeping my ear to the ground is possible news on the New 52 version coming back. If he does, the game changes. If enough time passes where it becomes apparent its not going to happen, then I walk away for good. Sad, but I'm growing more and more content with at least the possibility of it happening.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Astonishing Member

What sucks is that I've really tried. Even duruing my few months of airing my frustrations here, I've tried to find something, anything that might grab my interest for this direction, that could potentially lead to me warming up. Just hasn't happened. I have just never been so utterly and completely disinterested in a Superman direction in all my 2+ decades of reading. Even during my brief 2000s sabbatical when I'd check in every now and again to see what was going on, even though often times confused and critical, there was an interest there, wondering how this happened and whatnot. With this...I just don't care. At all. Nothing about these characters intrigue me. I don't care about their origins, I don't care about their growth, nothing. They were introduced as anomalies and they're always be anomalies in my eyes regardless of the bad retconning. The only thing keeping my ear to the ground is possible news on the New 52 version coming back. If he does, the game changes. If enough time passes where it becomes apparent its not going to happen, then I walk away for good. Sad, but I'm growing more and more content with at least the possibility of it happening.
    I am more or less in the same position here (except that I don't necessarily want Nuperman back), but I really can see this as an opportunity, rather than a loss.

As far as I am concerned, this is the right moment to jump off the DC train and embrace something better, like Image comics. Because - let's admit it - the average quality IS infinitely better than DC (and Marvel, I suppose) and it has been for a lot of time (to be fair, I had already abandoned DC approximately one year and a half ago - I've been just following something here and there, but this is the first time I decided to leave DC altogether). Also, their policy about creator-owned projects is something I can ethically respect.

IMHO superheroes as we know them can't contribute anymore to the world of stories and entertainment. For the most part, they don't have more depth than a commercial break.
    Educational town, Rolemodel city and Moralofthestory land are the places where good comics go to die.

DC writers and editors looked up and shouted "Save us!"
    And Alan Moore looked down and whispered "No."

I'm kinda surprised Snyder didn't want Superman to watch Lois and Bruce conceive their love child. All the while singing the "Na na na na na na Batman!" theme song - Robotman, 03/06/2021

What sucks is that I've really tried. Even duruing my few months of airing my frustrations here, I've tried to find something, anything that might grab my interest for this direction, that could potentially lead to me warming up. Just hasn't happened. I have just never been so utterly and completely disinterested in a Superman direction in all my 2+ decades of reading. Even during my brief 2000s sabbatical when I'd check in every now and again to see what was going on, even though often times confused and critical, there was an interest there, wondering how this happened and whatnot. With this...I just don't care. .
    Look this:

http://community.comicbookresources....39#post2065439

This DC had planned before his serie.. I waste money on half of his serie for this end.

Father Son Kamehameha < Kuwagaton's Avatar

I do hope you find your efforts honored, but you went in thinking it sucks. It has like a 95% chance of sucking when you say it does or will suck. When was the last time you honestly saw that other five percent?

Even there, there's a condition set that you're holding on to the possibility of the other guy coming back. You didn't say the possibility of the comics being good. But anyway, if they do put you off of the titles I hope we can still celebrate seventy something years of back issues.

You should resign yourself to the fact that when you complain about "Superdad" and want the New 52 Superman back that people will tell you to get over it.
    The Gypsies had no home. The Doors had no bass.

Does our reality determine our fiction or does our fiction determine our reality?

Whenever the question comes up about who some mysterious person is or who is behind something the answer will always be Frank Stallone.

"This isn't a locking the barn doors after the horses ran way situation this is a burn the barn down after the horses ran away situation."

Quote Originally Posted by mr_crisp View Post
    You should resign yourself to the fact that when you complain about "Superdad" and want the New 52 Superman back that people will tell you to get over it.
    You should resign to the fact that Superdad is bland and sucks and is going to fail again and they'll have to reboot again. Because they don't have a real plan and they don't know how the handle the character.
    "By force of will he turns his gaze upon the seething horror bellow us on the hillside.
    Yes, he feels the icy touch of fear, but he is not cowed. He is Superman!"

Quote Originally Posted by adrikito View Post
    Look this:

http://community.comicbookresources....39#post2065439

This DC had planned before his serie.. I waste money on half of his serie for this end.
    It's increible to hear that before TRUTH(even when things were going well with new52 superman).. This was already planned... I can not understand .. So much trouble did the control superman? Back to the easy version .. We recover the old fans in this for rebirth and some new fan will continue here, we have something new with the child..

By this DC humiliate the character in Truth? He does not care.. In less of 2 years he was already dead.

Quote Originally Posted by Francisco View Post
    You should resign to the fact that Superdad is bland and sucks and is going to fail again and they'll have to reboot again. Because they don't have a real plan and they don't know how the handle the character.
    BORED. A Bad Future for superman.. I prefer to Superman as a hero that gives me joy to see before an incredibly friendly and angelic superman.. They should never change the personality of the pre-crisis superman

With this...I just don't care. At all. Nothing about these characters intrigue me. I don't care about their origins, I don't care about their growth, nothing. They were introduced as anomalies and they're always be anomalies in my eyes regardless of the bad retconning.
    I saw half of his series(rebirth turn me away immediately) for everything to be an attempt to eliminate my superman... Fortunately I could not take any affection for the characters .. I bought to see something different.. Now the only option..

I was going to see supersons.. I did not like Jon? I was there damian, Now I'm not interested.. DC has killed my interest in the Super..

Maybe I see superwoman because here are the powers and legacy of my superman.. and looks like interesting ... But DC has blundered with the deadly disease again(stupid thor woman), increasing my hatred for the family of superdad and the pre-flashpoint.. at the end DC will do as superman..

It is successful? Sorry, the protagonist would die, but we have the Lois Pre-flashpoint.. THE SAME JOKE.

RESIGN? MAYBE.. SEE HIM? If the character does not interest you, of course not.
    Last edited by adrikito; 06-03-2016 at 08:56 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by mr_crisp View Post
    I know I heard a lot of that when the New 52 began and I was unhappy about losing my characters. Shoe's on the other foot now. I sympathize, but as I've said, bringing back the authentic Superman feels like a course correction to me after a bad five year detour.

Quote Originally Posted by andersonh1 View Post
    I know I heard a lot of that when the New 52 began and I was unhappy about losing my characters. Shoe's on the other foot now. I sympathize, but as I've said, bringing back the authentic Superman feels like a course correction to me after a bad five year detour.
    He is not the authentic Superman. At least no more than any other version that existed before. He is the bland version. The no balls version. The I'm Lois Lane's lapdog version. The I didn't inspired anyone until I died and never inspired anyone since then version.
    "By force of will he turns his gaze upon the seething horror bellow us on the hillside.
    Yes, he feels the icy touch of fear, but he is not cowed. He is Superman!"

He is not the authentic Superman. At least no more than any other version that existed before. He is the bland version. The no balls version. The I'm Lois Lane's lapdog version. The I didn't inspired anyone until I died and never inspired anyone since then version.
    There is the problem...This character does not inspire me.

The other superman was completely committed to his adopted planet.. He had nothing to tie him.

Quote Originally Posted by andersonh1 View Post

The authentic Superman was the first superman in comics in 1939..
    Last edited by adrikito; 06-03-2016 at 09:04 AM.

Father Son Kamehameha < Kuwagaton's Avatar

The "people didn't read my comic if they believe any of that" version. Seriously, as much as some others seem to hate the idea, I think everyone knows better than that exaggeration.

Quote Originally Posted by Kuwagaton View Post
    I do hope you find your efforts honored, but you went in thinking it sucks. It has like a 95% chance of sucking when you say it does or will suck. When was the last time you honestly saw that other five percent?

Even there, there's a condition set that you're holding on to the possibility of the other guy coming back. You didn't say the possibility of the comics being good. But anyway, if they do put you off of the titles I hope we can still celebrate seventy something years of back issues.
    Honestly? With Superman quite often. I've went in thinking a lot of things sucked, and stayed with the ship to see where it headed. Sometimes I came out the other side glad I did; sometimes I was just glad the ride was over and ready for the next one. But the former is not rare in my experience. Many a time I've been very wary about a direction and been glad I gave it a chance. Nothing's made me outright jump ship before for creative reasons. I have been a VERY accepting and tolerating reader. This is just different. Maybe its age, maybe its knowing a little more about what goes on behind the scenes (not to say the internet makes me or anyone else an expert, but its a peek inside). Or maybe a combo of things. But I can say with full honesty that I've been trying hard to find something to grab my interest in this version of the character, and its just not happening. The circumstances are too mind-numbingly stupid. And that says something for me to say that. Because I've accepted and even gone out of my way to apologize for some pretty dumb moves in the past.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 06-03-2016 at 10:55 AM.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El