Page 8 of 21 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast

I like new52 superman is not merged with superdad ..

But I do not like that take a similar suit, the same of powergirl when she got the S?... Metropolis has his SUPERMAN buried and superdad appears as if nothing, with similar suit, gets a place in the justice league and DC creates Trinity to bring you to those who have more doubts with him... and someday kara be his friend.

I will not resign myself to a character who took everything from me.

Phantom Zone Escapee manofsteel1979's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by adrikito View Post
    I like new52 superman is not merged with superdad ..

But I do not like that take a similar suit, the same of powergirl when she got the S?... Metropolis has his SUPERMAN buried and superdad appears as if nothing, with similar suit, gets a place in the justice league and DC creates Trinity to bring you to those who have more doubts with him... and someday kara be his friend.

I will not resign myself to a character who took everything from me.
    Don't blame the character. Blame the writers.

Judging from the preview, Superdad is not thrilled with the hand fate has dealt everyone involved, especially Nuperman. In fact he's hoping for his "brother"'s resurrection.
    When it comes to comics,one person's "fan-service" is another persons personal cannon. So by definition it's ALL fan service. Aren't we ALL fans?
    SUPERMAN is the greatest fictional character ever created.

Quote Originally Posted by manofsteel1979 View Post

Judging from the preview, Superdad is not thrilled with the hand fate has dealt everyone involved, especially Nuperman. In fact he's hoping for his "brother"'s resurrection.

Sorry.. I respect you. man.. you are neutral, not as other fans.
    . new 52 always has been widely criticized.

Tthe character only acts as it has always done.. but that does not change the future.. You're one of the few that I wish luck with superman... there are many who do not deserve it.

Suppose SuperDad turns out to be SuperBoy-Prime with a redemption story. He's pointing at the panel/reader/writer.
    SuperDad/SBP: You get N52 Superman back. Then, you leave my people alone! By Rao, that guy deserve a chance at his own story, damnit!
    Then, it turns out N52 Superman was already a mix of Post-Crisis (I'll leave which version of Post-Crisis to you) and Golden Age Superman. With the several characteristics to his continuity being unique, as opposed to the usual post-Crisis.

Quote Originally Posted by A Guy's Name View Post
    Suppose SuperDad turns out to be SuperBoy-Prime with a redemption story. He's pointing at the panel/reader/writer.
    SuperDad/SBP: You get N52 Superman back. Then, you leave my people alone! By Rao, that guy deserve a chance at his own story, damnit!
    Then, it turns out N52 Superman was already a mix of Post-Crisis (I'll leave which version of Post-Crisis to you) and Golden Age Superman. With the several characteristics to his continuity being unique, as opposed to the usual post-Crisis.
    manofsteel1979 is a legal man..do not bother this user and read this:

Tomasi: It was really just setting a table, making sure that a character we spent five years with has a great story to go out on, and that we feel for him.

And in a way, it's like I want to say, "Hey! You're going to miss this guy!" I'm kind of getting a sense of it. I think people are sorry to see him go. And for me, that's mission accomplished. That's what I wanted.

I wanted people to plug into him and feel empathy and gravitate toward him, if they haven't during the course of the "New 52," and say, "Dammit! What the hell? They're killing him off now? I'm pissed off!"

That's a good feeling to have, as a writer, to know that people will be feeling that way.

http://www.newsarama.com/29418-super...r-rebirth.html

N52 Superman is like a GREAT temporal character, he "thanks" that some people liked it.. BUT No turning back and superdad not going to become in a villain.

SORRY GUY´S NAME.
    Last edited by adrikito; 05-23-2016 at 02:50 PM.

I know you're trying to find out where I hang my cape. YOU WON'T.

My head hurts. Unfortunately, I never developed a relationship with the New52 Superman beyond a certain point. I loved the concept of Morrison ' s origin, but everything quickly became muddled and inconsistent and it started within the two Superman titles. In Action Comics, Morrison was telling Kal's origin. In Superman, he was in the present day and off to a rocky start with a pretty dull and unpopular run with Perez at the helm. Then things were getting even more confusing on what continuity was kept and what the riddles within the pages really meant and what it was referencing. Then it didn't take long for the New52 Supes to go into the crossover with He'll, which didn't really accomplish much. Then Diggle comes on the Action book, lasts 2 issues and then bails. Then...

My head hurts. I dropped and hopped in on New52 arcs so frequently that a relationship over 5 years was never established. I still think Action Comics #40 was one of the best issues in the New52 and it was meant as a character driven fill in single issue. Go figure. I just want good stories comic books for now. If an issue is good, I'll read it. If not, I won't. These reboots, crossovers and event stories are laughable anymore. Give me an Elseworld series like American Alien over this crap continuity crisis any day of the week. I actually want to buy books and stay on them rather than inevitably dropping them when DC Editorial becomes incompetent.
    Last edited by Tra-EL; 05-23-2016 at 03:26 PM.

I don't feel any obligation to draw a distinction between fictional characters and the editors and writers who created them in issues like this. Sure, in storyline terms, SuperDad is going to say nice things about new52 Superman and stuff. Obviously. But who cares? The writers and editors still killed off new52 Superman in favor of SuperDad. SuperDad isn't a real person. He's a fictional character. He was re-invented to take new52 Superman's place. I think it's perfectly fine to hate SuperDad, a fictional construct with no real feelings, for taking new52 Superman's place. I refuse to be bound by the constraints of pretending it's all real, when of course, I know it's fiction.

Actually, I'd rather have SuperDad diss new52 Superman constantly. You know why? Because it'd likely be a precursor to new52 Superman returning and fighting him, or at least coming back with his own book. And I want new52 Superman to return. The more SuperDad acts like he lost his best friend, the less likely we are to see new52 Superman return, because it is using the SuperDad character to try to reconcile new52 Superman readers to the new status quo where there is only SuperDad. Granted, the third unmentioned possibility is even worse- that SuperDad will just ignore that new52 Superman ever existed after a month or two.

I think at this point, if they are not bringing new52 Superman back, they should do more than just have SuperDad say a nice word or two. They should merge the characters together and make sure SuperDad can remember the last five years first hand and has a few new52 Superman elements to his characterization. Make it so that he's a continuation of both characters to some degree. I get, and don't like, that SuperDad would be the one in the drivers' seat and the guy who they'd write him to *mainly* be a continuation of, but at least we'd get something. Give us a way to understand the Superman who'll go forward as the one we've read about the last 5 years. I want to be able to reread by old issues from the last five years, the bulk of my collection, and think of them as the adventures of the guy who's books they want me to subscribe to going forward.

Despite all the things I hate about SuperDad- the 10 year old kid superhero son, him generally acting like an obnoxious jerk, him not being native to this universe, etc.- if they tossed me the bone of just giving him new52 Superman's memories and a personality trait or two, I'd give him more of a chance. They only need to throw me that small bone. I think that's very reasonable on my part, considering how much time and money I've invested in new52 Superman based on representations they made that turned out to be false- that he was the Superman of this universe and the guy going forward, etc.. It's a lot less than they are doing for the fans of most other hero characters going forward.

I'm just gonna have fun with my manga series', keep a closer eye out on independents and try to get into those, and try really hard to get back into Spidey again despite Marvel's own brand of stupid. That's how I'm resigning myself to the situation. They definitely lost a longtime customer though for the foreseeable future.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Quote Originally Posted by SuperCrab View Post

Actually, I'd rather have SuperDad diss new52 Superman constantly. You know why? Because it'd likely be a precursor to new52 Superman returning and fighting him, or at least coming back with his own book. And I want new52 Superman to return. The more SuperDad acts like he lost his best friend, the less likely we are to see new52 Superman return, because it is using the SuperDad character to try to reconcile new52 Superman readers to the new status quo where there is only SuperDad. Granted, the third unmentioned possibility is even worse- that SuperDad will just ignore that new52 Superman ever existed after a month or two.
    That will make DC at the end of rebirth... 2 stupid years of drama... Or now DC ruin to new52 superman with that ¿OZ? character who is visiting now superdad.

I think the same about wally west, there may be two wally after up an excuse but Superman must die? No excuses. You are Idiot DC. Here only want to please old fans.. Old clothes, old relationships, old characters.. Superdad will return to his former fans and little else, with the time he finish just like that.

I encourage new fans to do the same thing of olds fans with new52.. Resign immediately with superdad if you do not like their first saga.. In my case I am very spiteful and do not give second chances.. He had his chance with his serie and now is the only choice in superman.

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    I'm just gonna have fun with my manga series', keep a closer eye out on independents and try to get into those, and try really hard to get back into Spidey again despite Marvel's own brand of stupid. That's how I'm resigning myself to the situation. They definitely lost a longtime customer though for the foreseeable future.
    I hated marvel and supports DC.. Now I have been disappointed more than truth..

I'll start buying marvel, Spiderman was the only character I never hate there. He is a cool hero.. I will use as replacement of superman.. And maybe I will decide now to reduce my shopping here ..
    Last edited by adrikito; 05-24-2016 at 05:10 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by adrikito View Post
    I encourage new fans to do the same thing of olds fans with new52.. Resign immediately with superdad if you do not like their first saga.
    If people want to send a clear message that this change isn't going to work for them, they should stop buying right after Superman #52 tomorrow. People push it back to "At least give them an issue" to "At least give them a story arc" to "At least give them six months", and then it becomes years.

We need sales figures of this to plummet quickly if we want to force them to reverse course.

Now, look, if you individually are going to feel like your life isn't complete without buying Superdad's stuff, I'm not going to judge you. I may even buy an issue myself or something. In the end, it's just comics, and if it's going to bring a smile to your face to read SuperDad teach his son how not to burn down corn fields with his eyes or to battle Doomsday, then go ahead and get some of them.

But if you are hoping to have an impact and get them to change course and bring back the new52 Superman, continuing to buy the Superman titles once they start featuring SuperDad until this, that, or the other happens down the line isn't the way to do it. The way to do that is to stop cold the second new52 Superman is dead. It'll be a clear stark rejection of SuperDad that they will have trouble ignoring if enough people join you. If you stop in 6 months, it isn't really clear why you stopped- maybe you liked SuperDad, but were disappointed with the direction of story arc #3 or some new writer who takes over one of the titles for Jurgens or Tomasi, or whatever. The clear stopping point to send a message that can't be missed is to stop the second new52 Superman is dead.

If you want to send a message, that is.

Like I said, life is short, and if you think this situation is better than nothing, go ahead and buy them. I'm just saying- don't fool yourself by buying into the idea that stopping to buy later will send the same clear message that stopping buying stuff right after Superman #52 comes out at midnight will.
    Last edited by SuperCrab; 05-24-2016 at 12:02 PM.

I wonder how Grant Morrison and Rags Morales feels about this?

They will of course not say anything for years and years, but it would be interesting to see if they have any thoughts or feelings on the matter, eventually.
    Man... what a waste. Morrison really handled DC something fresh and vibrant with Action Comics - and they let it all wither away.

Still undecided on if I'll try any of the Superdad stuff - we'll see.

Now, regarding the title of the thread - resigning to Superdad or not - that's a pretty silly notion I say. If you're curious - then TRY it! And if you actually like it, then keep reading. Otherwise, just drop the books for the foreseeable future.
    And, if you try the Rebirth-book, and get disgusted by it - then for the love of god - DON'T keep reading...!

It's really that simple people - no need to make it more complicated.

Fantastic Member

If people want to send a clear message that this change isn't going to work for them, they should stop buying right after Superman #52 tomorrow. People push it back to "At least give them an issue" to "At least give them a story arc" to "At least give them six months", and then it becomes years.

We need sales figures of this to plummet quickly if we want to force them to reverse course.
    That's exactly what I'm thinking, and exactly what I'll be doing.

The initial sales (8-10 months or so) will no doubt be big, and they'll think they have succeded. But I really hope it plummets after that, and they listen to the fans of BOTH characters.

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    Black Science. Invincible. Saga. Manhattan Project. Hellboy. Mark Waid's Green Hornet. Black Beetle. Spider-Gwen. Ms. Marvel. Captain Marvel. Spider-Man (Miles Morales). The Ultimates (Al Ewing).

That's what you need to be reading man, if you're stepping away from Superman. Hornet and Beetle are finished up, if not a couple others (I trade wait most of my indie stuff so Im always a little behind).

The Marvel stuff refers to current titles only, though you should grab Spider-Gwen from Edge of Spider-Verse #2, then hit her first volume (5 issues) before the current one.

Dont get into manga much, but I did enjoy Full Metal Alchemist back in the day.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Yes, I understand .. I'll do that, I am not interested in this.. I did not want to be too hard ... Although I said that the result will be this, will return the old fans and little to with superdad, as when the pre-flashpoint end... THE SAME RESULT.

Today I saw a superdad with glasses...within a few months you'll see he in the Daily Planet as Clark Kent(now truth not exist), talking to supergirl, in the fortress of solitude ... as if nothing had happened.. I'm sure even his wife will return to the planet.. the n52 lois dying FOR THE SAME probably.. another farewell as superman?

all benefits for old fans. despite not regain his world as it was.

As not feel insulted with this from the beginning?

I think it would be funny within half a year.. hear the victims of this buy comics in marvel after this.. I'll buy a Spiderman(a great hero).. With this I saw that not worth be faithful to nobody. Now I will buy the main enemy of DC also. GOOD WORK DC
    Last edited by adrikito; 05-24-2016 at 02:01 PM.

Gotta love the digital age. Very bizarre to be on Superman Death Watch while Geoff Johns sings the praises of his REBIRTH, which of course features Superdad.

Guess "love" isn't the right description... It's cognitive dissonance is what this is...