Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    Mighty Member

When Xander confronts Angel at the hospital or when Xander confronts Jack in the school basement. In both instances Xander is willing to accept death as the price of PERHAPS accomplishing his goal of saving Buffy (and friends in the second instance).

Critics who treat adult as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence.
    - C.S. Lewis

Incredible Member

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/Dmae_8HfzTQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
    Last edited by JohnDiggle; 05-21-2016 at 11:29 AM.

Incredible Member

IronGiant easily one the best. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D4dT2eBWI2M

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kuro View Post
    After taking down a platoon of heroes who can destroy buildings and city blocks with their attacks, the Sea King faces off against one remaining hero whose only strengths include riding a bike around town and saving children from climbing high structures

What does Mumen Rider say to the nigh-invincible monster, knowing fully well that he faces certain doom? "It's not about winning or losing. If I don't fight you here and now, WHO WILL?!"

My Hero Academia - Izuku Midoriya

Had a Murmen Rider moment in Episode one when he just a normal person who went up against a nigh-invincible monster. All the other heroes with quirks (special power that certain people possess) were too afraid to engage the monster. Without thinking Izuku ran in to try and save the most powerful student at his school from being absorb by the monster.

Here is he delivering another heroic moment.

This kid is basically Murmen Rider with powers.

Quote Originally Posted by HFMM View Post
    My Hero Academia - Izuku Midoriya

Had a Murmen Rider moment in Episode one when he just a normal person who went up against a nigh-invincible monster. All the other heroes with quirks (special power that certain people possess) were too afraid to engage the monster. Without thinking Izuku ran in to try and save the most powerful student at his school from being absorb by the monster.

Here is he delivering another heroic moment.

This kid is basically Murmen Rider with powers.
    Holy crap, that looks awesome.

It kind of reminds me of... TTGL? Is that from the same studio?

Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kuro View Post
    Holy crap, that looks awesome.

It kind of reminds me of... TTGL? Is that from the same studio?
    Nope. This is the work of studio Bones, TTGL was Gainax.

And yeah, My Hero Academia is full of heroic moments like this.

Quote Originally Posted by The Dork Knight View Post
    No that's heroism because Superman doesn't kill anyone or compromise despite easily having the power to , despite his family and life and everything being threatened if he doesn't go through with it

Also "the most powerful" thing can be applied to pretty much everyone then , to varying degrees , even for the examples cited here like executioner . They are only making a "point" or doing somethimg "heroic" because they are powerful enough to do so . Lol every "right" or "heroic" thing in this world has been done because the person doing it was powerful enough to do so.

Even things like Captain America taking on Thanos with IG is because he's Captain freakin America and not Joe human . His "heroism" is just of the more pointless kind in that he failed anyway and knew well enough that he was likely to fail . Superman thing was actually meaningful in that he wasn't willing to compromise despite having the upper hand , despite that being the easy choice and despite just showing he could clean up 99% of the planet with as much ease if he wanted to and choosing not to do so. He chose not to cross the line and play God unlike the Authority ...sorry Elite
    You should read Captain America & the Falcon #163. Dave Cox is a normal human, except that he lost his right arm while fighting in Vietnam. Now he is a conscientious objector and a pacifist. Cap initially expresses doubts about Dave's character, but when the Serpent Squad captures Dave, he refuses to disclose the location of Cap and his friends. Even when the Squad tortures Dave, he refuses to give up the information. He was powerless and yet heroic in his defiance. Cap later said, "He has his way, and I have mine, but Dave Cox is no coward! He was willing to die to protect us without violating his beliefs!"

Quote Originally Posted by The Dork Knight View Post
    No that's heroism because Superman doesn't kill anyone or compromise despite easily having the power to , despite his family and life and everything being threatened if he doesn't go through with it

Also "the most powerful" thing can be applied to pretty much everyone then , to varying degrees , even for the examples cited here like executioner . They are only making a "point" or doing somethimg "heroic" because they are powerful enough to do so . Lol every "right" or "heroic" thing in this world has been done because the person doing it was powerful enough to do so.

Even things like Captain America taking on Thanos with IG is because he's Captain freakin America and not Joe human . His "heroism" is just of the more pointless kind in that he failed anyway and knew well enough that he was likely to fail . Superman thing was actually meaningful in that he wasn't willing to compromise despite having the upper hand , despite that being the easy choice and despite just showing he could clean up 99% of the planet with as much ease if he wanted to and choosing not to do so. He chose not to cross the line and play God unlike the Authority ...sorry Elite
    I'm stronger than you so I can do what I want isn't heroism.

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

the great bears of gallowswood from Warmachine.

three survivors from a iron fang company who singlehandedly held back a massive attack from cygnaran invasion force. they only reason they retreated was because they were being crushed by the dead bodies they had created with his big ass axes.

Extraordinary Member The Drunkard Kid's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    I'm stronger than you so I can do what I want isn't heroism.
    The thing with the Elite was that they were fans of disproportionate response, so Supes not doing the same to them as they were willing to do to him, even after they wounded him, so it's less about heroism itself as it is about general morality and ethics of heroism.

Quote Originally Posted by The Drunkard Kid View Post
    The thing with the Elite was that they were fans of disproportionate response, so Supes not doing the same to them as they were willing to do to him, even after they wounded him, so it's less about heroism itself as it is about general morality and ethics of heroism.
    I don't like it when people kill spiders, so I generally do what I can to take them outside.

Doesn't make me a hero.

Superman being more powerful than the Elite, and as a result being able to enforce his methods of 'right' doesn't make him a hero, or anything beyond 'I can do what I want because you can't stop me'.

Extraordinary Member The Drunkard Kid's Avatar

Pretty much everytime Empowered puts on her super-suit, despite her severe body issues (said suit is essentially body paint and doesn't work while wearing anything over it, and treats apart extremely easily), constant humiliations, and an almost total lack of respect from her peers/her foes/general population.

Oh, and did I mention that there are a lot of hints that her outfit's abilities are powered by her confidence?

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    I don't like it when people kill spiders, so I generally do what I can to take them outside.

Doesn't make me a hero.

Superman being more powerful than the Elite, and as a result being able to enforce his methods of 'right' doesn't make him a hero, or anything beyond 'I can do what I want because you can't stop me'.
    with supes, it less about "i can do what i want because you can't stop me" and more about "i can do what i want but i just don't want to".