Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Crazy Diamond View Post
    Why is it so hard for DC to do a story with Wally West as the bloody Flash? They have a multiverse, right?

Now he's Kid Flash again. SMH.
    I doubt Wally's going to be Kid Flash again, especially when they already have NuWally in that role. He's just wearing the costume for this story. He'll probably have a new codename and identity soon.

Doctor Manhattan needs to be put in check. Also Ozymandias needs to be stopped for his villainy that cost millions of people's lives.

Astonishing Member

Seems like the perfect opportunity for DC to have done something interesting with the Charlton characters instead of tapping that Watchmen vein but we all understand why they did it.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Ceebiro View Post
    Seems like the perfect opportunity for DC to have done something interesting with the Charlton characters instead of tapping that Watchmen vein but we all understand why they did it.
    You mean like reminding us that the Question is now some quasi-magical being that deserved being blown up like Rorschach was? Or that now Captain Atom is Dr. Manhattan just with more of his humanity intact?

BANNED

So they're changing Aqualad? He just got back into Aquamam's book!

Also, they're still pretending like Mera and Aquaman aren't married in the solicits.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by ImprobableQuestion View Post

Also, they're still pretending like Mera and Aquaman aren't married in the solicits.
    Well, if I understand correctly, they aren't. But they may remember that they used to be, prompting them to get married again.

NFDad75

I never post on site, heck I rarely read comments, but this has forced me to create an account. CBR, I have Ben getting more and more disappointed in how you pat stories and your content. I was very frustrated when you spoiled Spider-man in the HEADLINE on the announcement of the Civil War trailer and now you made a poor decision with this story.

I am disappointed that someone leaked the info or scanned in pages to DC Rebirth. I haven't read this and don't intend to, because supports that action. Whoever did this broke the law, it is copyrighted material that does not belong to them and they should be prosecuted. And any images or reveals that CBR releases due to this should also result in a lawsuit.

CBR, you could be writing an article about how wrong this was, or spun this in a number of different ways, but instead you embrace a crime and actually further it. I'm done with you.

Spectacular Member

What a freaking mess. Looks like a piecemeal retcon of the New52.
    Last edited by Redvector; 05-21-2016 at 11:22 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by GlennSimpson View Post
    They tried making things somewhat fresh for a while. Now they are trying to bring back some stuff in order to hopefully raise sales again. It's a cycle.
    Yeah, I know what it is and why they do it. But with regards to GA/BC, I just wish they'd stop. Their relationship was really never that interesting, except maybe when it was on the verge of ruin which, inevitably, is where it always ends up. They just need to move on. As hard as they try, Ollie and Dinah aren't Lois and Clark or Ralph and Sue and never will be.

I'm going to really put my foot in it, and mention that almost all the new teen sidekicks are black. We have a possible future robin who's black, a kid flash who's black, an aqualad who's black. I don't have a problem with it per se, but I think I'd like my diversity heroes to be a bit more..... Diverse.

Incredible Member

I don't suppose the women on paradise island can remember that their doctors and scientists as well as warriors????

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by protege View Post
    I'm going to really put my foot in it, and mention that almost all the new teen sidekicks are black. We have a possible future robin who's black, a kid flash who's black, an aqualad who's black. I don't have a problem with it per se, but I think I'd like my diversity heroes to be a bit more..... Diverse.
    It seems like the next generation might be all Asian and the generation after could be Hispanic who knows.

Wally is mixed though but I agree on the diversity thing it seems diversity just seems to be going black.

At least Titans Hunt re-established Garth as Aqualad and he's not going anywhere, so now we can see the new and original Aqualad interact .

I guess they didn't want to spoil that part of Rebirth like they didn't want to spoil a certain return .

Quote Originally Posted by MadFacedKid View Post
    It seems like the next generation might be all Asian and the generation after could be Hispanic who knows.

Wally is mixed though but I agree on the diversity thing it seems diversity just seems to be going black.
    Ryan Choi is also playing a role in Rebirth.

Garth is going by Tempest as of this weeks Titans Hunt, at least.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by protege View Post
    To be fair theyre still pushing Jaime Reyes, and the Chinese Superman is young enough to count as a next gen hero. But I agree that too many creators are caught in the mindset that only 2 races exist. Hispanics are the fastest growing demographic in the US, but we're not seeing a significant increase in Hispanic characters. Why?