Default Golden Age Miss Masque (Diana Adams) / Masquerade Appreciation Thread

First Golden Age appearance: Exciting Comics #51 (September 1946 issue), published by Better Publications (also known at different times as Pines, Nedor, or Standard).

Miss Masque made four appearances in Exciting Comics, then moved over to America's Best Comics starting with issue #23 of that title.

Last Golden Age appearance: appears to be in America's Best Comics #31 (July 1949).

After that, she would return again 40 years later in the pages of AC comics FemForce.

One of my favorites in the Project: Super Powers Vol I & II plus her own 4 issue mini series.

Didn't Alan Moore turn her into an unreliable ditz that one time?

Quote Originally Posted by LordUltimus View Post
    Didn't Alan Moore turn her into an unreliable ditz that one time?
    I don't know about how Moore wrote her, but she was a character used in his America's Best line like Tom Strong line which started in 1999.

Outside of DC, Marvel, Fawcett & Quality I haven't read much Golden Age stories. I have recently started to read MLJ & others.

Quote Originally Posted by md62 View Post
    Outside of DC, Marvel, Fawcett & Quality I haven't read much Golden Age stories. I have recently started to read MLJ & others.
    My original discovery of the character was mainly in the 1990s when AC comics started using her and many other Golden Age characters (who were now long forgotten and many were in the public domain) as part of a storyline called "The Vault of Heroes".

(from FemForce #29 in 1990)

She would continue to show up from time to time in some FemForce stories, as well as having some solo-stories in various AC titles.

AC comics also started reprinting some of the old Golden Age adventures.

(originally from America's Best Comics #28 (November 1948); reprinted in Good Girl Art Quarterly #7 in 1992)

As mentioned previously, Miss Masque was also added to the cast of heroes who appeared in Alan Moore's Tom Strong series, and also in Terra Obscura. Along the way, her name was "updated" from Miss Masque to Ms. Masque.