Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5678910 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Da Boat View Post
    His film career already did not materialize. He rarely made movies during Mad Men and he has been nowhere to be found since it ended. He either is too demanding or has the worst agent in history. To have this look and talent not appearing in any movies doesn't make any sense.
    If you look at his IMDB page he seems to think he's some sort of comedian. Yeah, I realize he's done some decent work on SNL, but he seems to think he's the next Bill Murray.

Definitely Charlize Theron (Unless films like Mad Max and Hancock count as comic films which I don't.) I am pretty sure she would've nailed the role and beyond had she played Emma Frost.

And as others have said, Denzel Washington is definitely an inspired choice. Would love for him to have a sizable and substantial role in the Marvel Cinematic Universe like Samuel L. Jackson's Fury.
    Emma Frost, Rogue, Felicia Hardy, Helena Bertinelli, Allison Blaire, Barbara Gordon, Monica Rambeau, Carol Danvers, Illyana Rasputin, Ororo Munroe, Harleen Quinzel, Lorna Dane, Irene Adler, Kate Kane, Rachel Grey Summers, Jean Grey, Diana Prince, Barbara Ann Minerva, Donna Troy, Jennifer Walters, Gwen Stacy, Wanda Maximoff = PERFECTION!

Protect the weak. Darth Phoenix's Avatar

Felicia Day
    Zac Efron

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Phoenix View Post
    Felicia Day
    She'll play Amelia Mintz in next year's adaption of "Chew".

Quote Originally Posted by Project Initiative Cascada View Post
    Denzel Washington is definitely an inspired choice. Would love for him to have a sizable and substantial role in the Marvel Cinematic Universe like Samuel L. Jackson's Fury.
    I've always said that, if you are going to racebend Fantastic Four, you should get Denzel to play Reed. Heck, I would have loved (and would still love) to see an all-African American FF: Denzel as Reed, Kerry Washington as Sue, Michael B Jordan as Johnny and Terry Crews as Ben.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Trail View Post
    I've always said that, if you are going to racebend Fantastic Four, you should get Denzel to play Reed. Heck, I would have loved (and would still love) to see an all-African American FF: Denzel as Reed, Kerry Washington as Sue, Michael B Jordan as Johnny and Terry Crews as Ben.
    Im still mad that the denzel playing lex in bvs rumor being BS. I was so sold on the idea of Denzel bringing that charatcer to life

Side not anyone who hasnt seen jay pharohs impersonation of Denzel and will smith needs to it hilarious and spot on. Most his impersonations are but those two he really nails.

Quote Originally Posted by Jared View Post
    Gah! I can't picture that at all. Milla could probably do a better Russian accent, but that's it.
    Emily Blunt was the first choice to play Widow but scheduling conflicts forces her to drop out. She would have been superb.
    Have to disagree with you about Milla. She definitely has the fighting moves in both Fifth Element and the RE movies. I woulda accepted Emily or anyone who's not ScarJo for that matter.

Quote Originally Posted by Project Initiative Cascada View Post
    Definitely Charlize Theron (Unless films like Mad Max and Hancock count as comic films which I don't.) I am pretty sure she would've nailed the role and beyond had she played Emma Frost.
    The closest Charlize has gotten was Aeon Flux, but it wasn't a comic book.

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

His film career already did not materialize. He rarely made movies during Mad Men and he has been nowhere to be found since it ended. He either is too demanding or has the worst agent in history. To have this look and talent not appearing in any movies doesn't make any sense.
    Jon Hamm has had a lot of personal problems to deal with since Mad Men and hasn't really been working much.

He's my go-to for Clark Kent/Superman, but alas.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Trail View Post
    If you look at his IMDB page he seems to think he's some sort of comedian. Yeah, I realize he's done some decent work on SNL, but he seems to think he's the next Bill Murray.
    I'm not saying he couldn't do humour and be good at it. But his biggest card that would carry him the further to stardom is in dramatic roles. Maybe that's the problem, Hollywood gets that but he keep seeing himself as funny guy.

Quote Originally Posted by Flash Gordon View Post
    Jon Hamm has had a lot of personal problems to deal with since Mad Men and hasn't really been working much.

He's my go-to for Clark Kent/Superman, but alas.
    He's been my go-to guy for Superman, Batman, Green Lantern, Wonder Man, Reed Richards, Rick Flagg. And Dr. Doom. And he would make a great Tony Stark if they revamp Iron Man after Infinity Wars. A closer to the comics Stark.
    Last edited by Da Boat; 01-20-2017 at 11:05 PM.

He's probably considered "too old" now, but I always thought that Matthew Fox would have made a GREAT Hal Jordan.

And from the same show, Josh Holloway would have done well in a lot of comic roles; wasn't he considered for the role of Gambit at one point?

Quote Originally Posted by electr1cgoblin View Post
    He's probably considered "too old" now, but I always thought that Matthew Fox would have made a GREAT Hal Jordan.

And from the same show, Josh Holloway would have done well in a lot of comic roles; wasn't he considered for the role of Gambit at one point?
    Yea both Fox and Holloway have that comic-book look to be heroes. Holloway is another like Hamm that it's shocking that he hasn't done more movies esp. big action movies considering how cool and popular his character "Sawyer" in Lost was. He could have done Sabretooth, Gambit, etc...He was in M:I Ghost Protocol as an agent that was quickly killed. These guys must have the worst agents.

]
    Yea both Fox and Holloway have that comic-book look to be heroes. Holloway is another like Hamm that it's shocking that he hasn't done more movies esp. big action movies considering how cool and popular his character "Sawyer" in Lost was. He could have done Sabretooth, Gambit, etc...He was in M:I Ghost Protocol as an agent that was quickly killed. These guys must have the worst agents.
    Good call on Holloway and Sabretooth. I know he had one series on CBS that bombed, and he's on that "Colony" show on SyFy right now. But yeah, both of them are good actors and really could have done so much more post-Lost.

Tell me this isn't Hal Jordan...damn.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Astonishing Member

I guess I could see it. Not a big lantern fan, but I heard the next green lantern movie is going to a buddy cop movie with Hal and Jon. I suppose Mathew fox could try for that.

Denzel as Reed? Interesting...

Quote Originally Posted by anyajenkins View Post
    I guess I could see it. Not a big lantern fan, but I heard the next green lantern movie is going to a buddy cop movie with Hal and Jon. I suppose Mathew fox could try for that.

Denzel as Reed? Interesting...
    I'd love to see it because I like Fox and I think he'd be great in the role (and it needs some re-inventing after that last fiasco), but I doubt it would ever happen. Fox is 51 years old now, and even though he looks younger, the execs seem to have a thing about casting anyone over 40 in superhero roles. Yes, there's Affleck, but he's an exception and is still 7 years younger than Fox. Never mind the fact that Hal is most likely in his 40s in the comics; for whatever reason, Hollywood is obsessed with youth and resists casting more mature actors (and let's not even start on their attitudes about mature actresses).