Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast

Default Actors you're surprised haven't starred in any comic movies?

So what actors you felt were tailor made for comic movies but never had that opportunity? There's quite a few who haven't and it's a crime it has. Here's my list on some missed opportunities.

Milla Jovovich. She woulda NAILED the role of Black Widow. Eff you ScarJo.

Brad Pitt. He definitely has the looks for a superhero role. I'm surprised nobody nabbed him for one.

Leonardo Dicaprio. Same as above.

Brendan Fraser. I remember before Superman Returns was released that Wizard Magazine mentioned him that he could be good for that role. I think he would've, but he was always pretty much underrated.

Gary Busey. He woulda been awesome as the Joker

David Boreanaz. He could have worked as Batman or Hal Jordan but I guess him not being an A lister eluded his chances.

Olivia Wilde. She was my choice for Lois Lane for Man Of Steel.

Tom Cruise. Definitely had the looks to play a comic character be it hero or villain. I always thought he looked like Bruce Banner.

Any thoughts? Suggestions?
    Last edited by Dr. Skeleton; 05-22-2016 at 04:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Skeleton View Post
    So what actors you felt were tailor made for comic movies but never had that opportunity. There's quite a few who haven't and it's a crime it has. Here's my list on some missed opportunities.

Brad Pitt. He definitely has the looks for a superhero role. I'm surprised nobody nabbed him for one.

Brendan Fraser. I remember before Superman Returns was released that Wizard Magazine mentioned him that he could be good for that role. I think he would've, but he was always pretty much underrated.

David Boreanaz. He could have worked as Batman or Hal Jordan but I guess him not being an A lister eluded his chances.

Tom Cruise. Definitely had the looks to play a comic character be it hero or villain. I always thought he looked like Bruce Banner.

Didnt jim canvizel,david boreanaz and josh Hartnett all turn down batman before Bale was offered it?

Olivia Wilde was in Cowboys and aliens. Not good but its a CBM. Do you mean superhero movies maybe?

In that case id say Denzel since 2guns isnt a superhero movie

Decaprio/Pitt/Deniro i mean if Tommy lee Jones can be in two then Deniro can do one.

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    Didnt jim canvizel,david boreanaz and josh Hartnett all turn down batman before Bale was offered it?
    I have no idea. I only remember hearing that Ben Affleck was being considered for Batman before he got nabbed for Daredevil, so lightning struck twice for him. As for Caviezel and Hartnett, I only heard that they were contenders for Superman before Brandon Routh came into the picture.

I have no idea. I only remember hearing that Ben Affleck was being considered for Batman before he got nabbed for Daredevil, so lightning struck twice for him. As for Caviezel and Hartnett, I only heard that they were contenders for Superman before Brandon Routh came into the picture.
    Yea looked it up the only thing I foudn was that David Boreanaz was Nolans first choice for the role. Doesnt say if he turned it down or if the studio blocked it or if Nolan just changed his mind. Iono where i got hartnett and Jim Canzviel(Spelling lol?) From? Maybe a rumor or soemthing

BANNED

So what actors you felt were tailor made for comic movies but never had that opportunity. There's quite a few who haven't and it's a crime it has. Here's my list on some missed opportunities.

I'm really not surprised at all Brad Pitt and Leonardo DiCaprio haven't been in any. But Pitt did basically get to play a Sgt. Rock/Fury type twice already. Now that DiCaprio has an Oscar, maybe he'll start actually doing more fun roles like Django Unchained again...he has been trying to get some anime and manga stuff made.

Quote Originally Posted by simbob4000 View Post
    I'm really not surprised at all Brad Pitt and Leonardo DiCaprio haven't been in any. But Pitt did basically get to play a Sgt. Rock/Fury type twice already. Now that DiCaprio has an Oscar, maybe he'll start actually doing more fun roles like Django Unchained again...he has been trying to get some anime and manga stuff made.
    Wasnt he the runner up for the 1st spiderman movie?

Wasnt he the runner up for the 1st spiderman movie?
    I heard that many moons ago too.

Extraordinary Member t hedge coke's Avatar

Tom Cruise seemed the model for comics Iron Man shortly before the first movie came out.

G-Men From Hell. One of the best comics-based movies there is.

David Boreanaz.
    Crow: Wicked Prayer (and Justice League: New Frontier). Wicked Prayer's based on a novel based on a comic, and a parody of a film based on a comic, but still, "based on a comic."

Olivia Wilde.
    Cowboys and Aliens.
    Patsy Walker on TV! Patsy Walker in new comics! Patsy Walker in your brain! And Jessica Jones is the new Nancy! (Oh, and read the Comics Cube.)

Astonishing Member Ken Ashcroft's Avatar

Mark Wahlberg would have made a good Crossbones.

Not too late for him though.Can still join the Captain America cast as D-Man.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Jason Statham. The guy did a shitty video game adaption. He should have been a comic movie by now. He would be good being the muscle for the main villain. How Angel Dust was in Deadpool.

Quote Originally Posted by zetsubou View Post
    i always thought the late david carradine was the perfect choice to play stick in the elektra (2005 film). To my surprise they didn't pick him. Since david carradine passed away in 2009, my hopes have been all dashed away.
    nice!!!!!!!!!!!

Extraordinary Member

DiCaprio was always Aquaman to me.

Quote Originally Posted by t hedge coke View Post
    Tom Cruise seemed the model for comics Iron Man shortly before the first movie came out.

G-Men From Hell. One of the best comics-based movies there is.

Crow: Wicked Prayer (and Justice League: New Frontier). Wicked Prayer's based on a novel based on a comic, and a parody of a film based on a comic, but still, "based on a comic."

Cowboys and Aliens.
    Forgot about David's role in the Crow Wicked Prayer. Thanks for the reminder. And I didn't know Cowboy And Aliens was a comic book. What company did it come from?

Forgot about David's role in the Crow Wicked Prayer. Thanks for the reminder. And I didn't know Cowboy And Aliens was a comic book. What company did it come from?
    Platnium studios

Speaking of cowboys and aliens i forgot MIB was a comic so Tommy Lee Jones has done 5 CBM.

BANNED

Yea looked it up the only thing I foudn was that David Boreanaz was Nolans first choice for the role. Doesnt say if he turned it down or if the studio blocked it or if Nolan just changed his mind. Iono where i got hartnett and Jim Canzviel(Spelling lol?) From? Maybe a rumor or soemthing
    I can't imagine the WB execs were enthused by the idea of Boreanaz headlining what they certainly planned/hoped would be a blockbuster franchise. Hartnett (in interviews promoting the first season of Penny Dreadful) said that he turned down the role of Bruce Wayne/Batman in Batman Begins, a move he admits was a huge mistake.
    Last edited by kalorama; 05-22-2016 at 07:44 AM.