Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast

At the rate that Marvel's casting department is going, I wouldn't be surprised if they somehow got Meryl Streep, Al Pacino, Judi Dench, and Daniel Day-Lewis in a future movie.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyke View Post
    At the rate that Marvel's casting department is going, I wouldn't be surprised if they somehow got Meryl Streep, Al Pacino, Judi Dench, and Daniel Day-Lewis in a future movie.
    Only in bit roles though, they go for lesser known or actors on the rebound for the big roles.

I doubt we'll ever see Daniel Day-Lewis in one as he's very selective with his movie roles and would only go for ones with a fantastic script and is oscar-worthy. Comic movies are pretty much beneath him.

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Skeleton View Post
    I doubt we'll ever see Daniel Day-Lewis in one as he's very selective with his movie roles and would only go for ones with a fantastic script and is oscar-worthy. Comic movies are pretty much beneath him.
    Agreed. Plus he's a method actor and not many other actors can work with that type.

On the off chance that he did get a role he would never repeat it so they'd either have to kill off his character or re-cast him.

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by kalorama View Post
    Now that Limitless is canceled, I'd like to see Jennifer Carpenter show up in one. I actually think she'd have made a better Jessica Jones that Ritter did. (And I still think that Marin Ireland, who was rumored as one of the finalists for the role, would have been the best choice).
    Based on Dexter, Jennifer Carpenter would be great as Shiklah.

Kristin Ritter is not a very good Jessica Jones.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by ejbookie View Post
    Kristin Ritter is not a very good Jessica Jones.
    First time I ever heard anybody complain about that casting.

Retired

Kyle Chandler has that quality of being a good, honest, heroic everyman. Back when super-heroes were that, Kyle Chandler could have played a number of super-heroes--or if not them, then their dads. I guess he's not a good fit for the DEADPOOL generation. But he would have been at home in one of those old school super-hero movies.

I also feel Keira Knightly is overdue for a comic role.

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    Only in bit roles though, they go for lesser known or actors on the rebound for the big roles.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Skeleton View Post
    My point being is that Marvel has a really great track record in securing A-list talent for their movies. Jeff Bridges, Glenn Close, William Hurt, Michael Douglas, Anthony Hopkins, etc. -- they're considered among the creme de la creme of Hollywood talent. That they're in supporting roles does not change the criteria for this thread, since some of them have high billing alongside the film's hero. So we shouldn't be surprised if they get another top talent to show up in some form or capacity.
    Last edited by Cyke; 07-11-2016 at 07:57 AM.

Fantastic Member

I guess after the bad experience with Billy Zane's Phantom, it's not surprising that Catherine Zeta-Jones hasn't popped up.

Fantastic Member

My point being is that Marvel has a really great track record in securing A-list talent for their movies. Jeff Bridges, Glenn Close, William Hurt, Michael Douglas, Anthony Hopkins, etc. -- they're considered among the creme de la creme of Hollywood talent. That they're in supporting roles does not change the criteria for this thread, since some of them have high billing alongside the film's hero. So we shouldn't be surprised if they get another top talent to show up in some form or capacity.
    I would say both WB and Disney/Marvel throughout their entire histories have been successful in bringing in the big guns.

WB: Brando, Hackman, Nicholson, Irons
    Disney/Marvel: Redford, Hopkins, Douglas, Hurt

Quote Originally Posted by chamber-music View Post
    Michael Sheen. Sheen loves genre stuff like fantasy and Science fiction so I'm surprised he hasn't done a comic book film yet.

Michael Sheen played Jason Wynn in Spawn, back in the days.

BANNED

Late to the party here, but I am surprise Joe Manganiello hasn't made a Superhero movie. The guy doesn't mind genre work, and he is tall and muscular. Perfectly suited to a Superhero IMHO. But then I noticed he was in Spider-Man and Spider-Man 3 as Flash Thompson. But he seriously needs to be cast as a hero.

Quote Originally Posted by Phil Clark View Post
    Late to the party here, but I am surprise Joe Manganiello hasn't made a Superhero movie. The guy doesn't mind genre work, and he is tall and muscular. Perfectly suited to a Superhero IMHO. But then I noticed he was in Spider-Man and Spider-Man 3 as Flash Thompson. But he seriously needs to be cast as a hero.
    He almost got the role of Superman but was too committed to True Blood. He would be good for Hawkman though.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by thales View Post
    Michael Sheen played Jason Wynn in Spawn, back in the days.
    That was Martin Sheen. Much better vintage of Sheen IMO.