Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by vasir12 View Post
    I got spoiled with one thing and I'm trying to keep it at that. It's hard, but I've waited, like, two months.
    Yeah I got spoiled too in a "Justice League" movie thread. -________-

Quote Originally Posted by Drz View Post
    Yeah I got spoiled too in a "Justice League" movie thread. -________-
    We DVR Walking Dead, and sometimes won't get a chance to watch the season premieres or finales for days (because they're often over an hour long).

During that time I have to stay off twitter and facebook, as well as Yahoo, and avoid entertainment news shows like Access Hollywood and Entertainment Tonight.

One time I was doing really good and my brother in Texas asked if I was watching Walking Dead and I said that we do but we record it and watch it later.
    He then said... "Oh boy... I won't tell you who got killed... but it was someone important..."

I was like, OMG... really? After all the work I went through to avoid spoilers online... and my brother spoils it for me..?
    It was the Glen episode, btw.
    "There's magic in the sound of analog audio." - CNET.

Incredible Member

That's what I said.... I folded immediately.

Now I'm looking forward to captain carrots re-booting the universe, wonder woman's super pregnancy, and Thomas wayne being the joker.....

I'm also trying to stay away from spoilers, though I looked over the preview just to know how the pages looked. It's really hard and I have to say that I felt a bit betrayed when the big sites already wrote articles about the revelations.

Amazing Member

I was trying to but idiots on my Facebook feed took care of that. I really don't understand the satisfaction someone gets for spoiling something

If DC didn't orchestrate the leak, news sites wouldn't have been sent anything about Rebirth until Monday or Tuesday.
    Least of all with any "surprises" revealed.

They wanted to build up excitement and get people talking about it over the weekend.

The reception before the "leak" was lukewarm at best, and they probably felt Rebirth was under-ordered by retailers.
    This will build up interest and get reorders made.
    "There's magic in the sound of analog audio." - CNET.

On another site, some guy spoiled me on a part of the Joker reveal, but I clicked away before it could get too specific. But I am grumpy at the little I got revealed, I would have rather waited and read it. Well, besides that, I'm still spoiler free and waiting for Wednesday.

Boing Boing Baggies. Baggie_Saiyan's Avatar

Pretty much been off CBR and such only read the preview. Wednesday is gonna be amazing so many good comic coming out not having it ruined at all. Genuinely haven't been looking this forward to a Wednesday in forever.

I think I'll remove CBR from my speed dial incase I'm tempted to visit lol
    "Yes...Mondo Cool"- Vegeta.

BANNED

I'm not telling anyone how to live his life, but if I really didn't want to get spoiled, I'd stay off the message boards.

I remember that once on the old DC boards I mentioned something that had been started in DC's promos for three months, in a comic that I hadn't read yet, and a guy went wild with rage over my "spoiling" something for him.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Stone View Post
    Once I realized it was a planned leak, I went ahead and read the spoilers.

Besides I wanted to know if it was really worth all the hype.

I will say that it will probably top the reorder list solely because pre-orders were based on so little information and well... 'nuff said.
    Bingo.

I cold careless because I won't be buying any of the books. (At least until some end in the dollar bins).

All these spoilers mean is I will have plenty to read once they pop up in trades at the library.

Stayed off the spoiler thread, but figured reading the preview wouldn't hurt anything.

Boy was I wrong.

Retired

So far I haven't stumbled on any spolers or opened those topics that seem to be spoilers. But I'm sure that can't last.

Any topic that has some likelihood of giving spoilers should have "[SPOILERS]" in the topic title and the topic title itself shouldn't spoil or give hints that amount to spoilers. The topic title should indicate what the topic is about. "It leaked" could be about anything under the sun--and such a topic title is click bait, so there should be some square bracket spoiler warning on it.

Granted a person has to use some common sense. But if the only alternative is to stay off of social media completely, that's not really practical.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post
    So far I haven't stumbled on any spolers or opened those topics that seem to be spoilers. But I'm sure that can't last.

Any topic that has some likelihood of giving spoilers should have "[SPOILERS]" in the topic title and the topic title itself shouldn't spoil or give hints that amount to spoilers. The topic title should indicate what the topic is about. "It leaked" could be about anything under the sun--and such a topic title is click bait, so there should be some square bracket spoiler warning on it.

Granted a person has to use some common sense. But if the only alternative is to stay off of social media completely, that's not really practical.
    Just stay off message boards if getting spoiled would ruin your life, that's all.

Used to be a time I had to flip through a comic or buy it to discover I wished I saved time and money.
    Message boards and previews and spoilers have helped safe me money........... but now I spend hundreds of hours reading and discussing
    something that once only took a few minutes to discover

Quote Originally Posted by MisterShow View Post
    I'm skipping the spoilers. I've waited this long. What's a few more days?
    More like a few weeks for me. My next shipment won't be until mid-June. I'll hold out as long as I can, but what's the point when this very thread contains spoilers without spoiler tags?
    Beverly Allen, the Bee--with honey and stinger.

"If humans have souls, then clones will have them, too."--Arthur Caplan