Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Am I the only one not reading the Reborth spoilers?

NO SPOILERS IN THIS THREAD!

That said, I am not reading the spoilers that I see being touted all over the board. Is there anyone else similarly trying to wait til Wednesday, or am I alone in this endeavor?
    Anyways, this thread will be a safe place for those of us who aren't yet spoiled to get hyped and speculate about what the future could bring.

I got spoiled with one thing and I'm trying to keep it at that. It's hard, but I've waited, like, two months.

Nope, I'm avoiding them too.

It kinda pisses me off though that all the comic sites have posted these things nearly a week before the comic comes out. Way to take the shine off Wednesday ahead of time (and yeah, I know, "It's marked as spoilers so enter at your own risk, blahblahblah.") Still a bit of a slap in the face for the creative teams though.

Pretty cheap way to get clicks on your site (and not just CBR, but Bleeding Cool, Newsarama and the rest too).

Never Giving Up! GreenLanternRanger's Avatar

Im avoiding spoilers best i can until the books release Wednesday!
    There's a Time For Peace, and Then There's a Time To Punch Nazi Scumbags in the Face!!

D*mned Prince of Gotham JasonTodd428's Avatar

I've been avoiding them as well. I'd rather be surprised by things then to feel I've already read the entire book before it's even in my hands. Generally I avoid previews a d such for those books I'm excited for anyway.
    Supporting LION FORGE COMICS and other independent publishers.

Check out Lion Forge's Catalyst Prime Universe. Its the best damned superhero verse in comics. Diverse characters and interesting stories set in a universe where anyone can be a hero. And company that prides itself on representation both in the comics themselves and in the people behind them.

Oh my goodness gracious! I've been bamboozled!

When we hit our lowest point, we are open to the greatest change. AVATAR AANG

Yeah, I plan to get it so there's no reason for me to not enjoy the actual storytelling.

CBR got me like.. Maxpower00044's Avatar

Nah. In this case spoilers didn't bother me so I went ahead and read them.

I'm skipping the spoilers. I've waited this long. What's a few more days?

While I made the mistake of reading them, I hope you stick to your guns and do not... There are some pretty cool things coming your way. In your shoes, I would drop the forum for a few days and then check back in after reading it.
    My Monthly Pulls - DC: Waiting for Deathstroke and Vigilante. Marvel: Moon Knight. The Vision, Waiting for Solo. Valiant: Bloodshot Reborn, Ninjak, Divinity III Stalinverse, Bloodshot USA event, Waiting for PSI Lords. Why aren't you reading Valiant and other Indies too?

BANNED

I wish I had your self control. Reading the comic would have been way more satisfying if I didn't cave in and read those spoilers. At least there's still some mystery left.

Quote Originally Posted by Maxpower00044 View Post
    Nah. In this case spoilers didn't bother me so I went ahead and read them.
    I feel the opposite about spoilers myself. In this case if I were to read them it probably would ruin the story for me and in all honesty I would hate for that to happen with this particular issue.

@Inhuman X - I plan to stick to my guns on this so I'm just going to avoid the posts about the issue myself until I've read it. Seems the best thing to do for me anyway. I think the rest of the forum should be quite safe so long as I do that.
    Last edited by JasonTodd428; 05-21-2016 at 09:27 PM.

Check out Lion Forge's Catalyst Prime Universe. Its the best damned superhero verse in comics. Diverse characters and interesting stories set in a universe where anyone can be a hero. And company that prides itself on representation both in the comics themselves and in the people behind them.

Quote Originally Posted by JasonTodd428 View Post
    I feel the opposite about spoilers myself. In this case if I were to read them it probably would ruin the story for me and in all honesty I would hate for that to happen with this particular issue.

@Inhuman X - I plan to stick to my guns on this so I'm just going to avoid the posts about the issue myself until I've read it. Seems the best thing to do for me anyway. I think the rest of the forum should be quite safe so long as I do that.
    Without fail, some thoughtless person will put a big spoil in a thread title that will kill you or you might wander into an innocent looking thread that isn't where open spoils are allowed. Take no risks. Maybe hang out in the Valiant thread or Marvel forum.
    Last edited by Inhuman X; 05-21-2016 at 09:41 PM.
    My Monthly Pulls - DC: Waiting for Deathstroke and Vigilante. Marvel: Moon Knight. The Vision, Waiting for Solo. Valiant: Bloodshot Reborn, Ninjak, Divinity III Stalinverse, Bloodshot USA event, Waiting for PSI Lords. Why aren't you reading Valiant and other Indies too?

Once I realized it was a planned leak, I went ahead and read the spoilers.

Besides I wanted to know if it was really worth all the hype.

I will say that it will probably top the reorder list solely because pre-orders were based on so little information and well... 'nuff said.
    "There's magic in the sound of analog audio." - CNET.

Quote Originally Posted by Inhuman X View Post
    Without fail, some thoughtless person will put a big spoil in a thread title that will kill you or you might wander into an innocent looking thread that isn't where open spoils are allowed. Take no risks. Maybe hang out in the Valiant thread or Marvel forum.
    The Valiant thread and Independent forum do sound like the places to hang out certainly. I do think there are plenty of places I could safely go here still so long as I watch my step though. It's actually my real life comic buddies I need to watch out for. They have this annoying habit of making offhand comments about books before I've had the chance to read them at times.
    Last edited by JasonTodd428; 05-21-2016 at 11:31 PM.

Extraordinary Member Lightning Rider's Avatar

I read the preview but am not reading anything more. So I know of a few spoilers, but definitely not all there is.