View Poll Results: Do you like that Magneto is no longer the father of Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver?

Voters
320. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

46 14.38%
  • No

274 85.63%
Page 36 of 37 FirstFirst ... 26323334353637 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Witchfan View Post
    X-Men 7 reiterated that Scarlet Witch is a pretender, so they aren’t changing things back.
    That might be the opposite. There was no reason to even bring up Wanda that way. Something gonna happen with Wanda and I'm not sure if it's gonna work out in her favor.

Think about it, mutant kids are gonna grow up to hate Wanda. This is gonna be interesting.
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

Quote Originally Posted by LordAllMIghty View Post
    That might be the opposite. There was no reason to even bring up Wanda that way. Something gonna happen with Wanda and I'm not sure if it's gonna work out in her favor.

Think about it, mutant kids are gonna grow up to hate Wanda. This is gonna be interesting.
    There is a reason, just like when they documented it before. None of the stories about Mday really involved Wanda, so it'll be the same here. If they would include her it'd only to be the punching bag again or just a device. So if she has no narrative, she's not really a part of it. Anymore than that mention.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Wait. What do you mean none of the stories about M-Day don't involve Wanda?
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

Quote Originally Posted by LordAllMIghty View Post
    Wait. What do you mean none of the stories about M-Day don't involve Wanda?
    Not really. She created the unpowering and then was thrown away for 7 years. HoM only had her as comatose, so she was functionally dead. Then she was gone.

What has Wanda appeared in, comics-wise, since Decimation that was to her benefit, besides (maybe) her solo?

All I’ve gotten, personally, were back-handed apologies (ex: Remender), insults to the character and her history (currently: Hickman), and half-assed retcons, or stories where she’s just an accessory.

I love being a Wanda fan, though.

Scarlet Witch~4~LIFE!!^_^ CJStriker's Avatar

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by Bunch of Coconuts View Post
    What has Wanda appeared in, comics-wise, since Decimation that was to her benefit, besides (maybe) her solo?

All I’ve gotten, personally, were back-handed apologies (ex: Remender), insults to the character and her history (currently: Hickman), and half-assed retcons, or stories where she’s just an accessory.

Have you heard of “The Young Avengers: The Children’s Crusade”?

Young Avengers by Allan Heinberg & Jim Cheung: The Children's Crusade https://www.amazon.com/dp/1302908758..._IV.vEbNFZT9GC

Or the Avengers vs X-Men event main series?

Avengers vs. X-Men https://www.amazon.com/dp/0785163182..._xZ.vEb93G8VJT

Those are ones to look into as well especially Crusades!
    "By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!

Quote Originally Posted by CJStriker View Post
    Have you heard of “The Young Avengers: The Children’s Crusade”?

Young Avengers by Allan Heinberg & Jim Cheung: The Children's Crusade https://www.amazon.com/dp/1302908758..._IV.vEbNFZT9GC

Or the Avengers vs X-Men event main series?

Avengers vs. X-Men https://www.amazon.com/dp/0785163182..._xZ.vEb93G8VJT

Those are ones to look into as well especially Crusades!
    Yes, all of that falls into my “half-assed retcons” and “ignoring her history” categories.

P.S., I’m not new to the character.

BANNED

Bring back luminous, make it so shes the lost daughter of mags that was kept in statis and the source of the twin's modifications.
    she instantly becomes a stapple and beloved x-men

Yes, all of that falls into my “half-assed retcons” and “ignoring her history” categories.

P.S., I’m not new to the character.
    I was not certain since you did not mention those titles before so I just wanted to make sure.

So what story would you like to see done In Your Opinion that is not “Half-Done” or “Ignoring History”? What would be the end result of the story?
    "By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!

Quote Originally Posted by CJStriker View Post
    I was not certain since you did not mention those titles before so I just wanted to make sure.

So what story would you like to see done In Your Opinion that is not “Half-Done” or “Ignoring History”? What would be the end result of the story?
    I’m not creative enough to do such a thing.

I’m not creative enough to do such a thing.
    To bad, but that Ok then

Honestly I have an idea or so if their ever needed to be one for Krakoa just from a personal though.

But I also have moved passed as well and have been pleased and a fan of the recent stories of the 2010s.

Pretty much anything written by Zub, haha (His UA which wasn't the disaster of Remender's, And Avengers: No Surrender). She's had a few appearances in Doctor Strange but those are just appearances. And apparently she's the go-to magic person if something happens to Strange. Those are the things besides the solo. Which I did like because it made her a magic detective, like Constantine. And then there's Star that she's been in lately. Tarot she's in but that's sort of a retelling of Avengers/Defenders war so it's back in time. She's supposed to be in Strange Academy. We don't know how much though. If it'll be just appearances or if she'll be a regular. She's gonna be in Empyre in the Avengers (2nd Avengers?) title written also by Zub.
    Last edited by GenericUsername; 02-27-2020 at 12:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ferro View Post
    Bring back luminous, make it so shes the lost daughter of mags that was kept in statis and the source of the twin's modifications.
    she instantly becomes a stapple and beloved x-men
    Do you want Robert Frank Jr. back with her?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    Do you want Robert Frank Jr. back with her?
    yes the first duel of ... Aurora, i like Aurora "luminous" Lehnsherr Eisenhardt

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    Not really. She created the unpowering and then was thrown away for 7 years. HoM only had her as comatose, so she was functionally dead. Then she was gone.
    Yeah, she was a deus ex machina, for that role anyway. Her powers explicitly didn't work that way, and her motivation was 'I flip out when reminded of something that I've known for years, because the writer didn't know that I knew.'

Why Bendis chose a character that A) wouldn't do that, and B) *couldn't* do that, when people like the High Evolutionary not only *would* do that, but had actually tried that in the past (and would again, years later, in the last New Warriors relaunch), I have no idea. The man's mind is a mystery. Apparently it was 'crap on Wanda' month.