View Poll Results: Do you like that Magneto is no longer the father of Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver?

Voters
320. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

46 14.38%
  • No

274 85.63%
Page 30 of 37 FirstFirst ... 20262728293031323334 ... LastLast
    BANNED

X-Men TAS S04E17 Family Ties

Incredible Member teapartyofthedead's Avatar

Every time I watch this episode, I’m always struck by Max immediately falling to his knees before ’Magda’ and begs for forgiveness from her. It breaks my heart seeing him like this. It also makes me want Magda to be bought back so we can see events from her point of view.

As yes Family Ties, one of the nonsensical episodes of the X-men, given that Wanda and Pietro had nearly zero exposure; Pietro had appeared in a couple of episodes as a member of X-Factor but Wanda was a non-speaking cameo. So having an episode dedicated to their parentage made little sense expect highlighting the twins relationship to Magento was more for Magneto's benefit than theirs

Quote Originally Posted by 616MarvelYear is LeapYear View Post
    Is there going to be a Giant-Size Polaris one-shot that explores how the comicbook character Lorna feels about the loss of the sibling relationship? Is she happy or sad about it?
    How could she be happy or sad about an event she knows nothing about?

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Skullkid View Post
    I don't see why so many people want them to Magneto's kids, it's not like he ever raised them, their connection to him was the basis to their worst story.
    I stand by the thought Magneto does nothing but hold their characters back, honestly, it just feels people want him to be his kids because he's more A-list than every other character who's been retconned to be their parents or their obsessed with this headcanon of Magneto being a single father raising two kids which is false even in stuff where he was involved in their lives as children, X-Men evolution being a good example.
    Because let's be honest here, Magneto has not and has never really been their father, even when they were related to him he's at most a glorified sperm donor.
    And it's not like he treated them that well when they were a part of his Brotherhood. They jumped ship pretty quickly to sign up with Cap's Avengers.

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    And it's not like he treated them that well when they were a part of his Brotherhood. They jumped ship pretty quickly to sign up with Cap's Avengers.
    I don't think you can fully lump the two together. Pietro due to a combination of anger at humanity and later after it was reveled a level of family loyalty joined him again for two more iterations of the Brotherhood. Wanda's joined as well several times later, but she was either insane (Darker then Scarlet) or depicted a helpless damsel in his clutches in Avengers 53.

Pietro joined him for the Acolytes as well. Though that time at least he was trying to make a difference and was relatively clear eyed about his chances to do so. Wanda came to blame him for wrecking her life by the 90s, but Pietro was more shall we say nuanced.

Last edited by jmc247; 02-21-2020 at 01:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jmc247 View Post
    I don't think you can fully lump the two together. Pietro due to a combination of anger at humanity and later after it was reveled a level of family loyalty joined him again for two more iterations of the Brotherhood. Wanda's joined as well several times later, but she was either insane (Darker then Scarlet) or depicted a helpless damsel in his clutches in Avengers 53.

Pietro joined him for the Acolytes as well. Though that time at least he was trying to make a difference and was relatively clear eyed about his chances to do so. Wanda came to blame him for wrecking her life by the 90s, but Pietro was more shall we say nuanced.

Now if we can get their other sister Zaladane to show up.

Plus love that version of Lorna...that hair is life.
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by 616MarvelYear is LeapYear View Post
    Is there going to be a Giant-Size Polaris one-shot that explores how the comicbook character Lorna feels about the loss of the sibling relationship? Is she happy or sad about it?
    she's probably more than fine now, her conections to her father and the x-men are there and krakoa offers her a status quo that aligns with her beliefs.
    pietro and wanda are non factors, and the issue of x-factor, where she gives wanda some time of the day instead of telling her to **** off was an interesting choice, since wanda taking polaris's powers caused a terrible series of events that left her scarred so the idea lorna would even want to see her, especiallly as a genoshan survivor, was beyond anoying to me.

But thats just me.
    Last edited by Ferro; 02-21-2020 at 11:20 PM.

BANNED

Just sounds like "I'm bitter therefore Lorna should be too".

It also kinda feels like some Polaris fans don’t want the twins restored to the House of M because they think they’ll overshadow her. Most like the potential all three have for interacting in stories, but a few seem eager to toss them out.

as long as Magneto is officially tied to a WWII origin, it become extremely problematic for him having presumably fathered twin children at the presumed age that Wanda and Pietro are (30-ish, or just under?) .. at this point he would be chronologically in his 90s? (semi-immortality abetted by Krakoa aside)

Except they already addressed that: the High Evolutionary put them in stasis for a few decades before defrosting them and adopting them out. Besides, one is a witch that regularly changes her hair and eye color at a whim, and the other is a speedster who only seems to age when he’s depressed or exhausted. I really don’t understand why the ‘older than they appear’ is allowed for Captain America but is suddenly controversial for Magneto and the twins.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by teapartyofthedead View Post
    It also kinda feels like some Polaris fans don’t want the twins restored to the House of M because they think they’ll overshadow her. Most like the potential all three have for interacting in stories, but a few seem eager to toss them out.
    not really overshadow, but its just not that important or relevant, her moments with pietro are nice but she doesnt really need it and vice versa.
    house of m as a concept is pretty much fan headcanon that is widely popular, the concept can exist with polaris, anya and zaladane :3c
    Last edited by Ferro; 02-22-2020 at 09:40 AM.

If that last part were true, you would see mountains of fanfic and fan art for that version of House of M, as well as various media outlets breathlessly awaiting Lorna’s first appearance in the MCU along with Anya and Zaladane. Instead, here we are nearly five years after the Axis retcon, and hardcore and casual fans alike are still impatiently waiting and demanding for Pietro and Wanda to make their return as Magneto’s children. Almost every week there are articles, forum threads, and videos about how that will be accomplished in either the comics or the MCU. Face it, the House of M can’t stand without the twins, and wouldn’t exist in the first place without them. If Lorna were to be kicked out tomorrow and the twins bought back, do you honestly believe the outcry and fan demand for her return would be anywhere near the same level as the twins?

In short, the House of M is strongest and more interesting when all members are present and accounted for.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by teapartyofthedead View Post
    If that last part were true, you would see mountains of fanfic and fan art for that version of House of M, as well as various media outlets breathlessly awaiting Lorna’s first appearance in the MCU along with Anya and Zaladane. Instead, here we are nearly five years after the Axis retcon, and hardcore and casual fans alike are still impatiently waiting and demanding for Pietro and Wanda to make their return as Magneto’s children. Almost every week there are articles, forum threads, and videos about how that will be accomplished in either the comics or the MCU. Face it, the House of M can’t stand without the twins, and wouldn’t exist in the first place without them. If Lorna were to be kicked out tomorrow and the twins bought back, do you honestly believe the outcry and fan demand for her return would be anywhere near the same level as the twins?

In short, the House of M is strongest and more interesting when all members are present and accounted for.
    it was a joke, I only really want anya back, but in the end because something is popular doesnt mean its worth writting about.

Its an overglorified fancanon feed by the casual audience that thinks house of m was a good story and so the concept of that family became this ilusion, but it falls apart when you actualy scratch over the surface, because there is no substance to that Idea, just a lot of "what ifs" and headcanon, there is no canon support for that idea besides repeated drama and overdone interactions.

I dont wanda crying over daddy, and even if I want pietro as a mutant again, the son of magneto angle is tired as hell.
    polaris doesnt need 2 distant half siblings, and magneto doesnt need them either, he has lornas, Hell the new mutants are more his children than the twins ever were.
    Last edited by Ferro; 02-22-2020 at 10:13 AM.