View Poll Results: Do you like that Magneto is no longer the father of Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver?

Voters
320. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

46 14.38%
  • No

274 85.63%
Page 27 of 37 FirstFirst ... 17232425262728293031 ... LastLast
    BANNED

im glad they arent, even if it caused a lot of unecessary damage to pietro im very very glad the scarlet witch is permenantly seperated from any mutant stories besides being referenced as an historic event and the casual super hero vs super hero battles

Quote Originally Posted by Sandy Hausler View Post
    I'm still mad that their parents aren't the Whizzer and Miss America!
    They didn't make sense. Two Americans being the parents of two Eastern European children.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    They didn't make sense. Two Americans being the parents of two Eastern European children.
    They were brought up in Eastern Europe. The story is in Giant-Size Avengers #1!
    Sandy Hausler
    DC Boards Moderator (along with The Darknight Detective (who has a much cooler name that I do))
    THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

Now that Disney owns the film rights to mutants again, will Wanda/Quicksilver be switched back to mutants again in the comics?

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Oheao View Post
    Now that Disney owns the film rights to mutants again, will Wanda/Quicksilver be switched back to mutants again in the comics?
    Bleeding Cool claimed a while back that Marvel was planning to "emphasize Scarlet Witch, Quicksilver and Magneto's family ties in 2020", which presumably would mean turning them back into mutants, but that plans might be on hold as they wait to see what happens with Wanda in the MCU.

Since Wanda has barely appeared since then and Pietro not at all, I would guess that they really are keeping the characters at arm's length until they figure out what to do with them and what their status is. Ironically, being in the MCU may keep characters like Wanda and Sam Wilson out of comics as the editors wait to find out what the MCU will do with them.

All I care about is that these characters should be used in comics, and by that standard the retcon has not been very good for them. Though I sympathize with fans who are happy that they haven't yet been dragged into the Hickman X-Men to be used as punching bags. But I was hoping the retcon would at least be the start of some plans for the characters and it turned out there really were no plans, it was just to spite a company that doesn't even exist any more.

Quote Originally Posted by Sandy Hausler View Post
    They were brought up in Eastern Europe. The story is in Giant-Size Avengers #1!
    Yes, and they were born there. It's the parentage that changed. Whizzer left them there. Then they realized that didn't work. Redid it. Then redid it again, because of the movies and not wanting to tie them down to a timeline.
    Last edited by GenericUsername; 02-17-2020 at 10:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Oheao View Post
    I don't think so. They are going to stay non-mutants.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Witchfan View Post
    I don't think so. They are going to stay non-mutants.
    It's entirely possible that Marvel might try to have cake and eat cake by having their be a relation, but Wanda and Pietro's 'origin' remain as it was, perhaps with the tweak that their latent mutation from their dad's side was the only reason they were the only two to survive Hydra's experiments with the Mind Stone and get powers out of the deal, instead of dumped in a shallow grave.

So their 'origin' would remain as it was already shown, but their deadbeat dad could still turn out to be a mutant.

Not every kid of a mutant has to be one, after all, particularly if the mom was not a mutant. They could just be 'recessive' or whatever.

BANNED

pietro should be a mutant and transfered to the x-side where he always thrived

I think if they want to keep the holocaust survivor story they'll need to keep the kids away from him. Too big of an age gap and it doesn't really add much to them. Being magneto's kids was a retcon in the first place... I think they can survive without it.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by gurkle View Post
    Bleeding Cool claimed a while back that Marvel was planning to "emphasize Scarlet Witch, Quicksilver and Magneto's family ties in 2020", which presumably would mean turning them back into mutants, but that plans might be on hold as they wait to see what happens with Wanda in the MCU.

Since Wanda has barely appeared since then and Pietro not at all, I would guess that they really are keeping the characters at arm's length until they figure out what to do with them and what their status is. Ironically, being in the MCU may keep characters like Wanda and Sam Wilson out of comics as the editors wait to find out what the MCU will do with them.

All I care about is that these characters should be used in comics, and by that standard the retcon has not been very good for them. Though I sympathize with fans who are happy that they haven't yet been dragged into the Hickman X-Men to be used as punching bags. But I was hoping the retcon would at least be the start of some plans for the characters and it turned out there really were no plans, it was just to spite a company that doesn't even exist any more.
    hickman didnt use the twins a single time on his avengers tenure, i seriously doubt he cares about them, and we have lorna to interact with magneto a much higher sucess rate

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ferro View Post
    hickman didnt use the twins a single time on his avengers tenure, i seriously doubt he cares about them, and we have lorna to interact with magneto a much higher sucess rate
    Oh, Hickman doesn't care about them at all as Avengers (because he doesn't care about the Avengers at all). But as the "pretender Wanda Maximoff" bit shows he does like the potential to use Wanda as an X-Men punching bag, and I have no doubt that's how she would be used now if she were still considered a mutant.

He just mentions her in the credits panel for a cheap joke. That doesn't indicate he'll use her at all. It was just to give a witty timeline of X-Men related events.

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    It's entirely possible that Marvel might try to have cake and eat cake by having their be a relation, but Wanda and Pietro's 'origin' remain as it was, perhaps with the tweak that their latent mutation from their dad's side was the only reason they were the only two to survive Hydra's experiments with the Mind Stone and get powers out of the deal, instead of dumped in a shallow grave.

So their 'origin' would remain as it was already shown, but their deadbeat dad could still turn out to be a mutant.

Not every kid of a mutant has to be one, after all, particularly if the mom was not a mutant. They could just be 'recessive' or whatever.
    I don't really want this because it already starts making their origin a mess. A problem that's gotten out of hand in comics. I know people are anxious for mutants in the MCU. But they are coming later. Feige said he has a five year plan for them, but they will take a while.

The more simplistic they keep the parentage, the better. Don't make it a mess there too.

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    Yes, and they were born there. It's the parentage that changed. Whizzer left them there. Then they realized that didn't work. Redid it. Then redid it again, because of the movies and not wanting to tie them down to a timeline.
    Right. But that doesn't mean that the G-S Avengers #1 story didn't make sense. It made perfect sense. Madeline Joyce Frank gave birth to the twins at Mt. Wundagore in Eastern Europe. She died, and Bob Frank left them at Mt. Wundegore with the High Evolutionary. It doesn't speak well of Bob Frank, but the story held together well.
    Sandy Hausler
    DC Boards Moderator (along with The Darknight Detective (who has a much cooler name that I do))
    THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.